Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:57 am
User Image

Oh he felt shabby. Had he been sleeping oddly in his den or something?
Murmuring to himself he shuffled himself out into the sun and shook himself, pads of his paws protesting at the heat of the ground under them as he sluggishly made his way to the black shores of the lake. Why was it so hot today?
Thelugi supposed he shouldn't really complain, proper sunning days came and went and this was a lovely day to sun yourself. But when you had such a dark mane as he did...well..it did make things a tad uncomfortable in the long run.

Shrugging off a fly that'd randomly landed upon his shoulder, he leant forward to lap his rough tongue at the waters of the lake and watch as the ripples of the lake danced lackadaisily with the bouncing of the sunlight on them. Glinting against his pale white and deep cerulean pelt.
Oh well.
He supposed it would atleast be a nice day for something. So early in the morning, he doubted he was quite ready for some drumming, his ears couldn't take it after just waking up on such a heavily heated day and so he let any thought of that wash away with the cooling waters of his drinking.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:17 pm
User Image

Hot days or cooler days Vevilla didn't mind which one it was. She always loved being able to go out and do things out in the pride. She had just returned from a hunting trip with some of the lionesses. She didn't really enjoy hunting that much but she did like to be able to help out in the pride as much as often even if she was just giving a helping hand. She loved being able to give a helping hand. However even though she didn't mind it being hot however even after that she still wanted to cool off for a while and relax. That had to be the best part of everything.

She stretched her paws out and she trotted quickly toward the black shores of lake Victoria. Water, Water, Water, it was basically the only thing on her mind at the moment. She wanted to cool off and feel the feeling of the water on her skin. She had to admit that she had a ligher color coat and she didn't get as hot as some others did but she didn't care, it would get really hot around this area often. It was really the ONLY thing that she didn't like about the pride.

She rushed to the water's side, not really paying attention to anyone near her. She went in the water until it reached around half way up her arms before she started to lap up the water hungry. She paused and took a moment to breathe and as she did she caught the scent of another near the water. She turned toward the scent before blinking and speaking out with a chuckle. "Oh!" She laughed mostly at herself. "I'm sorry I didn't see you there!"

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:43 pm
The large lion only realised there was another even near him when the ripples he'd caused met with the ripples of the other's wading into the water and he had to blink a little in brief confusion and suprise before raising his head to watch the other.
Blinking he watched the female for a moment or two, had he seen her around? Must have. She looked so familiar with the lake and seemed so comfortable to just swan right in. But he didn't mind. Infact it looked very cooling and he leisurely dipped his paws into the water, a small sigh escaping his nostrils in a pleasent exhale at the coolness that lapped over his paws and forelegs.

Now that felt better.
Much, much better.

Shaking out his mane, one small ear atop the wave of black fur rolled to her direction and he blinked yet again at her. Was she talking to him?
Well. Ofcourse she was. He was the only one that was here.
Biting his tongue he offered a small, impish smile before dipping his head into a small and polite bow to the sandy lioness.

"Oh! No it's fine, I was just cooling myself off." He released a soft, nervous laugh. "This heat is murder."

Glancing over her again, his mind tried to find exactly where he might've seen her before...a drum circle? A ceremony? Agh. Maybe he hadn't seen her at all and he was just letting the heat get to her.

"Uhh...the name's Thelugi...Thelugi'mchanga....yourself?"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:40 pm
Vevilla was happy that she wasn't interrupting anything. She didn't like interrupting anyone that was for sure. But she was glad to find another friendly face. She knew for a fact that there was a lot in the pridr that was really friendly. "It has been really hot lately." She commented thoughtfully before flicking her hair out of her eyes once again. "It's nice to have this lake. It's always been nice to come out here and just enjoy the day for a little while."

She paused once again she knew that she had seen this face around the pirde many times. She was almost away running around she was energetic and almost nothing slowed her down. She chuckled slightly at her then nodded. "Can I call her Thelugi?" She asked very curiously happy to meet another pride member. She knew a lot of faces it was extremely nice, she knew there was a good amount of members in the pride but she knew a good amount of them. "My name is Vevilla!" She chuckled again flicking her tail around for a moment. "Do you wanna join me for a walk and collect some shells a little further out?" She knew there was a little place not that far into the water that had a lot of shells.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:46 am
The large male had to blink at the others attitude, she was rather sweet tempered wasn't she? Raising a paw from the water, he watched the droplets running down his white fur with a soft chuckle of amusement before she questioned on what to call him. Atleast she asked nice enough. It broadened his smile just a touch as he offered a soft nod whilst wading his huge forepaws leisurely in the shallows and enjoying the cool ripples licking at his legs.

"'Course you can!" He replied, raising a paw and licking off some of the water before his eyes met her again as she spoke.

Vevilla.

He might've heard that name. Once or twice. Just with little idea of who it was. Flicking an ear slightly, he retained his smile as he placed his paws back into the shallows and began to wade slightly out to her. So atleast he wasn't trying to strain his voice by booming at her from all the way by the shore.

"That's a lovely name you have, Vevilla." The lion commented with a light and sincere tone. But he had to look a little surprised at her next question.
Shells? Shell hunting?
He hadn't gone shell hunting since he was elbow height, but, never the less. The opportunity to interact with another of the pride and such a pretty one at that, was far more than tempting for him and his smile split a little further. Such an interesting turn of events this day had taken.
"Sounds like a charming way to spend the day."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:45 am
Vevilla was very glad that she could just call him Thelugi. His full name was kind of complicated to her and she didn't want to get it wrong that was for sure. She didn't like getting anyone's names wrong. She was thinking about his name for a few moments before she realized that he was coming her in direction. Oh no! Why didn't she think of getting closer to him before, she didn't want to be rude. She was hoping that she didn't seem rude by not going out toward him. She flicked her hair out of her eyes before turning toward him once again.

"Thank you!" She giggled some looking down at the water under her feet then back at him. "I don't exactly remember what it means but it means something about singing." She giggled once again and then nodded as she turned toward him and then started to trot to the shore. "It does!" she giggled. "come! We can still wade in the water but we have to go shallower." She loved looking for shells. She paused for a moment before speaking again. "If we don't know what to do with the shells after we get them we can always turn them into my mom, she would love to offer them as decoration to the young ones making their drums." She giggled once again before flicking her hair out of her eyes once again.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:53 am
The lion's smile continued to lay over his muzzle as he got out to the depth she was at and followed her in her wading, enjoying the feeling of the cool on his feet and stomache and generally having someone to talk too. And enjoy the day with.
Following after her as they waded the shallows, he offered a gentle chuckle at the meaning of her name and went just a little nervous. His smile turning into a shy grin.

"Heh, it's better than what my name means...mine means snow child or something...suppose it's because of my white pelt." Raising a paw and wiggling it gently to make a point as some of the droplets dripped down onto the surface.
As the water clung to his pelt, it made him look a lot more droopy and weighed down. Wet fur was always...fun...
At times. Heavy though.
Looking out for seashells, his ears flicked and such with every word she said as he paid attention whilst keeping an eye out for the glinting water gems. Sticking his head under at one point and plucking out a tiny pink once as his now soaked mane flopped over his eyes.

"Yer mom? Who'sat?" He asked, clutching the seashell between his teeth.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:55 pm
Vevilla looked at the male's coat and grinned. "That makes sense!" She paused and then shook her head. "I mean I don't know what snow looks like however I've heard of it." She nodded at the idea and then flicked her hair out of her eyes. "There have been older lions who've seen it though." she noted with a nod. She was a little disappointed that she had never seen it sounded so pretty but she didn't always like the idea of leaving her pride. She really didn't like the idea of leaving the pride often, she really didn't like leaving the pride.

"See it's tricky to keep a hold of them some times." She chuckled as she looked at the male and then down at the seashell in front of her. At times she was a little odd but she found it okay in most cases. "Because once you grab them you have to keep holding on to them. Thats why I have this pouch." She smiled as she leaned down and looked at the small pouch around her neck that was just high enough not to get wet. "Just put it in here." She smiled as she pushed her chest out so he could get to it better.

"My mom? My mom is named Mawi Mai, she's the Umshayi Wesigubhu, She's the drum teacher." She smiled and nodded and then blinked for a moment before smiling at the lion again. "She makes the drums with the male and she likes to have things for them to decorate the drums."

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:00 am
Sliding the seashell into the pouch that hung around her neck, he flicked his tongue at the odd taste that now rolled around in his mouth before looking back to her and giving a soft shrug of his shoulders at the snow comment.

"My mother told me long ago about snow and that it was white...and very very cold and wet." Another shrug rolled over his shoulders like a wave against the shore before continuing his search for seashells.
Plucking up large pink ones, tiny blue ones. White ones. Multi colored ones. Mother of pearl ones that shimmered on the inside.
Now he remembered why he liked doing this as a cub, there was just so much variety to all of them under the surface of the water and it was fun finding truelly unique and pleasent looking ones.

Then blinking at the female, he tilted his large, sopping wet head before placing a few more seashells in the pouch and hoping the tiny things didn't weigh her neck down.

"Wow." He smirked playfully. "I'm a little jealous." He remarked jokingly.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:10 pm
Vevilla made a small face, she didn't enjoy the way that sounded at all. She glanced at him before looking forward again. "Cold and wet doesn't sound that pleasant." She enjoyed water, and she enjoyed being wet , the water was really nice at times however the only thing was that when it was really cold she didn't like it at all. she enjoyed it for small amounts of time but if it was cool all of the time she wouldn't like it that much.. She mad a face as she thought about it before she turned toward the male.

"You're finding some pretty nice things." She commented before laughing some ducking her head into the water and dropping something into her pouch. She turned toward him once again. "You're really good at this." She paused then flicked her wet hair out of her eyes before giggling at his comment bumping into him playfully, she was enjoying his company, he was amusing and she liked that. "You should be!" She then thought about it for a moment. "Some times our mothers work together, I'm surprised we haven't met eachother yet." she said simply, she knew that she had seen him around the pride but really never got to spend time together. "I mean I've seen you before but we've never really hung out."

She thought about it again for a moment, he was very nice. She looked t him before bringing something else up. "If you ever feel like joining me in the drum circle one day I think I'd enjoy that." She smiled brightly. She was was a pretty straightfoward lioness when it came down to it.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

[IC] Nchi'mahadhi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces