Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Back to Guilds

Tags: Purple, Moonlight, Chat, Hangout, Moon 

Reply *~Purple Moonlight Haze~*
What do you like about College/School/Work?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hey
  hi!
View Results

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:30 pm
Most of us were gone b/c of college but some of us are kept busy b/c of other real life things like family or even work.
So why not we talk about those things? What do you like about college/school/work?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:03 pm
Let's see . . . classes for me are almost done. I only have two weeks left for this quarter, and the last of those two is one day of classes and four days of finals.

What I like about my classes is two of them (out of a regularly scheduled three) have a close friend of mine. We planned that, of course.
Unfortunately, the workload of one of the classes (Introduction to International Relations) is a little heavy.

What I like about my job is it's on campus, so it's not much of a hassle to get to it. Also, I'm a tutor, and I love helping people, so that's a plus.
Heck, for this reason alone, I like my job: it's how I met the friend of mine that's in two of my classes.
She's a co-worker, not someone I've tutored, though.

On a slightly unrelated note, that friend of mine and I might start dating.
I say "might" because of a really long story that I don't feel like transcribing at the moment.
All I'll say for now is we get along ridiculously well, spend a large amount of time together, care about one another a lot, and have feelings for one another, but it's complicated.

But such is life.  

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:41 am
Wow!! Congrats! I wish you luck. smile

That's really nice that you found someone that you really like and you both work together too. Some colleges/universities seem to close at different times. I've been off for quite the while now. But maybe I'll start earlier b/c of that.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:44 pm
Hmm . . . well, it may be not so nice later. I mean, if she ends up rejecting me, it's going to be a bit difficult to see her.

At the very least, she's a good friend, but I wish she wouldn't worry so much.

The thing that really sucks is she apparently has gone from wanting to date me and not for the last few months (there is a big reason for that).
That reason is gone, and she apparently decided she wanted to give it a try last week, and she was really sure of it, but she's afraid she'll change her mind or something. We can't start dating just yet for that reason that is gone now.

Here, I'll give you this: a while ago, she broke up with her obsessive, long-distance boyfriend that she didn't like that much and barely knew. Obviously, she didn't do it for me.
So now I need to wait at least one more week before we can even think of actually dating. Finals will be over, and it will have been at least a month since the official breakup, and she may just decide that she doesn't want to give it a try because, again, she worries too much.
Like, I said, it's complicated. This isn't even the whole story.

It really sucks, but it goes with my luck.
I'm hoping for the best, though.  

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Black_Angel_Flowne

2,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:35 am
College is currently out for me. I start back in August. This is my final semester as a full-time Lee's student: I start taking morehead classes along with my current school's classes this spring.  
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games