Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:26 am
I'm looking into materials cost for a craft project I'm starting soon, and in order to do what I want, I think I'd need ~15-20 pieces of spent .50BMG brass. Once-fired brass is pretty easy to come by, but it's a bit on the expensive side. Thing is, I don't need it to be reloadable, this is only a craft project. I'm going to be cutting the necks and rims off anyway, so I want something that's been reloaded and fired five or six times, maybe with a cracked neck or a broken rim, so long as the main body is aesthetically sound. Hell, I might even take a minor crack/split or two for a more beaten look. However, nobody actually SELLS brass like that, 'cos it's essentially s**t for anything but scrap weight. Long story short, does anyone know someone who reloads .50BMG that might be able to supply me with brass like that? I don't need it soon, I'm thinking this might be a fall/winter project for me, once I've got some spare cash down for the rest of the materials.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:52 pm
If I was still on a tank, I'd help you out.  

Whence it Flows

Dangerous Elder

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:31 pm
Pripyat Dawn
Makes me wonder if I have any military buddies who might work on/around M2s... Figures all my IRL military friends are massive ******** pogues.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:54 pm
Fresnel
Pripyat Dawn
Makes me wonder if I have any military buddies who might work on/around M2s... Figures all my IRL military friends are massive ******** pogues.
A hem.  

Whence it Flows

Dangerous Elder

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:59 pm
Pripyat Dawn
Fresnel
Pripyat Dawn
A hem.
No, you're an OL military friend. I mean the guys I went to high school with who joined up. I've got one buddy who's running USAF honor guard, another who's an army helicopter grease monkey (and currently hospitalized for tonsilitis or something), one who's in USAF basic... all pogues. xd

ETA: Oh, can't forget my buddy in the 66th Military Intelligence Brigade, or the girl who went into USN crypto. ******** REMFS, EVERY ONE OF THEM.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:11 pm
dont think it would be that easy.
it's still the army's brass right?

the govt. sells it's brass after shooting it.  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:28 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
dont think it would be that easy.
it's still the army's brass right?

the govt. sells it's brass after shooting it.
The shelf of 127mm, 76mm, and 40mm shells in my garage says otherwise. Also there's apparently a .50 or two in there somewhere, but nobody can find it. All s**t my brother brought home. I think the milsurp once-fired brass is whatever they scoop up from the range at the end of the day, but if you shoot it on maneuvers, or in combat, or pick it up off the range instead of leaving it in the dirt, nobody cares, so long as it's only a handful or two. Start filling up backpacks and they're going to waggle a finger.  
Buying and Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games