Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:47 pm
I've been having fun with these....

http://www.vanceoutdoors.com/products2.cfm/ID/72773

the cb longs work perfectly with the standard 10/22 magazine, and by manually cycling the bolt, I essentially have 10 shots of on demand silenced firepower. :3

not terribly powerful but it'll kill s**t.

anyone else have fun with them?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:55 pm
thinking of getting a ruger 22/45 for fishing trips when I get my carry permit....goddamn turtles keep attacking and getting the hooks stuck in their mouths making fishing near impossible to progress with...so I figure I may use some cb's to sink the little bastards.  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:02 pm
I've got a pack of CCI .22 Short. Pretty much the same thing, maybe a bit louder. Fun as hell to shoot, though. I only wish my .22 still had the magazine conversion screw that it shipped with.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:20 pm
Fresnel
I've got a pack of CCI .22 Short. Pretty much the same thing, maybe a bit louder. Fun as hell to shoot, though. I only wish my .22 still had the magazine conversion screw that it shipped with.
just get cb longs razz

they should work in a .22lr gun's magazine

I used to use the shorts til I found out that academy carried the longs.  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:20 am
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
just get cb longs razz

Ehh, it's a 24" barrel. I'm not sure that a primer has enough oomph to get such a large bullet down the barrel effectively, and if it doesn't, my gun is bricked until I buy a cleaning rod.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:21 pm
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
just get cb longs razz

Ehh, it's a 24" barrel. I'm not sure that a primer has enough oomph to get such a large bullet down the barrel effectively, and if it doesn't, my gun is bricked until I buy a cleaning rod.
whut, it's the same projectile size, just longer case length that allows for use in the magazine. if anything it should have more oomph than the shorts.  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:06 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
just get cb longs razz

whut, it's the same projectile size, just longer case length that allows for use in the magazine. if anything it should have more oomph than the shorts.
Oh, I thought you were talking about the rounds with a 55gr. projectile in a .22 Short case.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:11 am
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
just get cb longs razz

Oh, I thought you were talking about the rounds with a 55gr. projectile in a .22 Short case.
nope, those are subsonics. those are almost as loud as regular .22's  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:35 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
just get cb longs razz

.22 Short are subsonics too, and they're roughly as loud as an air rifle. confused  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:58 pm
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
.22 Short are subsonics too, and they're roughly as loud as an air rifle. confused
idk, they still got powder. maybe from a very long barrled rifle those gasses might be somewhat contained.

cb's are more like sudden concussion and give just the right amount of pressure to be sent downrange and still hurt s**t without releasing enough out the muzzle to really be loud.  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:23 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
idk, they still got powder. maybe from a very long barrled rifle those gasses might be somewhat contained.

cb's are more like sudden concussion and give just the right amount of pressure to be sent downrange and still hurt s**t without releasing enough out the muzzle to really be loud.
Shorts have some powder too, but like you said, by the time it reaches the end of the barrel, the powder's burned and the gas is just expanding a bit. A .22 Short from my girlfriend's Marlin 795 sounds comparable to a .177 pellet from my 1000fps Gamo. I'd be curious to compare Shorts to CBs sometime, though. Actually, you probably could, if you wanted. I bought my box of 100 Shorts at Wal-Mart for, like, twelve bucks.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:47 pm
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel

Shorts have some powder too, but like you said, by the time it reaches the end of the barrel, the powder's burned and the gas is just expanding a bit. A .22 Short from my girlfriend's Marlin 795 sounds comparable to a .177 pellet from my 1000fps Gamo. I'd be curious to compare Shorts to CBs sometime, though. Actually, you probably could, if you wanted. I bought my box of 100 Shorts at Wal-Mart for, like, twelve bucks.

they came down in price since you last bought them sweatdrop  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:18 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel

they came down in price since you last bought them sweatdrop
I don't remember what I paid, I was kind of highballing it.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games