Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
How do you see AFG? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

When you think of AFG/AFtG, do you think...
  Positively
  Negatively
  Mixed
  Unsure
  Poll Monies!
View Results

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:55 pm
Your opinion matters to us!
, please stay on the line.

Howdy everybody, what you think of when you visit (or hear) AFG/AFtG.

This can be single words, sentences, people, anything.
When you think of us, what do you associate?
Past or present, it doesn't matter. If you're new, you can join in too!
It's important to know what attracted you to the guild or why you stay.

Your answers are likely to impact the image direction this guild takes in the future.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:14 pm
I think AFG has good intentions, but everyone (or at least most of us) is either too self-centered or/andimmature to actually make them work.

You know? One of the reasons I joined this guild was to find some furry drama. And OH, I did cool  

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

Jungle Boots

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:46 pm
for me... its a means to slowly and subtley smooth my way into Erik's pants. cool

AFG is honestly a really chill place as far as i can tell... its a nice regularly active guild with alot of agreeable people and relatively little drama.

i mean we all have different measures and expectations of how bad the drama here is... and i really dont see much of it.

also i run into alot of really nice resources and meet cool people and see their art on FA and DA and various other sites through this guild.

Its a place where i feel i can really lay down some of my feelings and ideas and be given at least some thought from others.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:07 pm
[-Erik-]
I think AFG has good intentions, but everyone (or at least most of us) is either too self-centered or/and immature to actually make them work.

This. It kind of disappoints me that the "adult" (as in mature) side of the guild seems to have fallen by the wayside. I'd be really into more in-depth debate/discussion-- about anything, really-- but, y'know, we're furries, eventually it all devolves into "NO U D:<". I thought this might be one place I could escape drama (or that the drama could at least be confined to the Sallies thread, since that's what I thought it was created for), but apparently not.  

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:25 pm
Sunegami
[-Erik-]
I think AFG has good intentions, but everyone (or at least most of us) is either too self-centered or/and immature to actually make them work.

This. It kind of disappoints me that the "adult" (as in mature) side of the guild seems to have fallen by the wayside. I'd be really into more in-depth debate/discussion-- about anything, really-- but, y'know, we're furries, eventually it all devolves into "NO U D:<". I thought this might be one place I could escape drama (or that the drama could at least be confined to the Sallies thread, since that's what I thought it was created for), but apparently not.

THIS. Hard.
I didn't rejoin the Guild when I was first re-invited, in part because of the drama surrounding my ban, but also because it was filled with more of the teenage angst and attitude crap rather than adult discussions and behaviors.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:38 pm
I would like to reinstate the adult as the a in the afg instead of it being assholes and flamers anonymous. It really has been a bit of an amazing let down as far as an ethical value of the guild is stated. it has opened a new Pandora box of not only drama but the ever present "Yous cannots tells me whats to do ! you is for god modding me!!!" when administrators and assistants are trying to keep civil order.

But i think that we need to kick off the lax pajama pats in the office policy and pull back up our big boy/girl pants and actually try to spell out some kind of cohesive objective and directionality as far as the administration is concerned. I think that if we all got together at some date and time and had a meeting we can discuss it all together and be on the same page with where we are going because i feel like we have been left dead in the water for too long and we need to have a leader that is willing to go and take the steps necessary to take this guild into a more active role. not only in the furry community but for the user in general. We need to be more user friendly and hold our self's by some kind of standard. The moment we expect nothing out of our self we will get it double fold back on ourselfs as administration ....... that being said Mortella for guild President...... but i'm silly and like to be optimistic. ^ ^  

Gotherine Foxx

Dangerous Genius

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:27 pm
What exactly would a "Guild President" title mean?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:38 am
i dont get it....
whats going on here that so many people think the guild is failing?

there honestly isnt a whole lot of drama here...

there honestly isnt a whole lot of immaturity here... at least not much more than really should be expected of a guild on an anime website marketed to teens.

there honestly isnt an issue of activity... we get several posts a day and regulars who have been here for years.

there honestly isnt an issue of lacking friendships... the regulars here at least understand and know the other regulars fairly well.

I think... if anyone is having issues with other people here, or how things work here, its not an issue that some mystical entity called Drama keeps butting into... its an issue of your expectation... and any expectation that the guild aught to be "better" than it is is honestly expecting too much.

a** holes and flamers anonymous? who are we refering too besides a few young kids that havent learned how to debate religious discussions properly? (which again... its to be expected)

the guild has fallen to the way side?

what the hell? since when?... its always been like this... maybe once every blue moon we have a religious discussion thread and someone dissagrees and cant articulate their feelings without offending someone else or sounding stupid. ITS TO BE EXPECTED IN DISCUSSIONS WITH THAT KIND OF SUBJECT.

You cant "escape drama"... its not possible... unless you want to gentrify all of our conversations so everything is PC and lacking any kind of controversial issues. even then you cant "escape drama" its impossible...

drama follows ego... we all have egos... its innate.

Stop bitching and take things as they are... otherwise you will all be sorely dissapointed in just about everyting...

thats about the most "Adult" advice i can give you.

I agree we might need some more mods, and admins.. that would be nice. just to help the guild function alittle bit more.

but other than that... i cant say there is any real issue in this guild... i think you are all making it up, and blowing things out of proportion.  

Jungle Boots

Zuri-kai

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:39 pm
I have mixed feeling about the guild. When I joined I was drawn to the "Adult" Furries Guild thinking it would be a last refuge of maturity and intelligence on Gaia and for a while it was, but I think the fall of the guild is in large part due to the general fall of Gaia itself.

While I'd love to see the guild come back to life I actually don't think it's going to happen, and would like to suggest that the guild itself move to a free forum host (like smfforfree or proboards) so we can develop and identity of our own and break off from a sinking ship of immaturity and general suck.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:28 pm
Jungle Boots
You can't "escape drama"... its not possible... unless you want to gentrify all of our conversations so everything is PC and lacking any kind of controversial issues. Even then you cant "escape drama" it's impossible... [...] Stop bitching and take things as they are... otherwise you will all be sorely disappointed in just about everything...

Zuri-kai
While I'd love to see the guild come back to life I actually don't think it's going to happen, and would like to suggest that the guild itself move to a free forum host (like smfforfree or proboards) so we can develop and identity of our own and break off from a sinking ship of immaturity and general suck.

I have to respectfully disagree with both these points.

@Jungle: my point about losing the drama isn't to make things PC, but to encourage more tactful discussion. The immediate reaction to someone yelling at you (generic "you" here) is naturally to yell right back, but what I'm hoping for is to try and encourage less yelling and more dialogue. I know it's a tough road to follow, but I think it's worth it, for everyone's benefit. Status quo should not become god here (TVTropes reference-- I know, I'm sorry X3).

@Zuri: I can't speak for anyone else, but for me, if the guild were to move off site, I know I would not visit it as much, if at all. I'm on Gaia constantly, and this guild has been a big part of my Gaia "life" (for lack of a better word). Instead of abandoning it to the wolves (lame pun, I know X3), we should be trying to nurture it back to health. Like I told Jungle, I think it's worth it.

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

DarkWolfLove

Toothsome Werewolf

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:31 pm
Honestly, for a while after joining, I avoided many threads and conversation.
It seemed like there was already a close-knit family vibe, where all the regulars knew each other and jabbed appropriately.
Then there were some times where I didn't want to post because I was afraid for being ridiculed (can't exactly remember when or what topic, but I know the feeling was there).

Now?
I only really stick around for the "serious" debates.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:21 pm
DarkWolfLove
It seemed like there was already a close-knit family vibe, where all the regulars knew each other and jabbed appropriately.
Then there were some times where I didn't want to post because I was afraid for being ridiculed (can't exactly remember when or what topic, but I know the feeling was there).

Now?

I can see how that would be. For a while, the Guild was only active from a few long-time members and that was it. So, that would make the long time regulars more close knit and seem a little exclusive to new peeps.  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:07 pm
Jungle Boots
for me... its a means to slowly and subtley smooth my way into Erik's pants. cool

By our powers combined, Erik will stand no chance on this planet! heart

Jungle Boots
i dont get it....
whats going on here that so many people think the guild is failing?

but other than that... i cant say there is any real issue in this guild... i think you are all making it up, and blowing things out of proportion.

The guild used to be so active that at some points the chat threads (there were many, but the 2 most active ones I mean) were so busy I had a difficult time keeping up now and then some nights.

I don't think it needs to be this active. I would like to see there be more than 10 posts outside of the one chat thread during the week though. Just encourage a lil' more activity without jumping into the poll whore and "bump" reply territory.

---------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------

Mortella
that being said Mortella for guild President...... but i'm silly and like to be optimistic. ^ ^

Mortella in '11! We'll need political ponie shows, scripted debates, and lots of cash being thrown around like it's candy! biggrin
Otherwise it's just not a democratic election.

---------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------

shoki_de_nai
What exactly would a "Guild President" title mean?

I assume having similar powers to the guild owner would be involved. Like, being a captain or something...I dunno the titles by heart, I just know I was randomly promoted and I don't even know by who. x3

DarkWolfLove

Now?

I want to avoid the former and encourage the later. That's just not easy admittedly. I'm looking into ways to get rid of rule and application clutter though. Streamlining parts of the guild so it's like the newer, cleaner rules thread.

Zuri-kai
I actually don't think it's going to happen, and would like to suggest that the guild itself move to a free forum host

We've done that before and it died off pretty fast I think, even with the ability for "adult" to mean maturity and 18+ content. razz  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:34 pm
did this turn into a debate thread instead of a 'what do you find this place as' thread...? or was this always a debate thread...? and so far, whenever I see it, I associate it with 'a place to relax and have a little fun', though it still has its serious moments.  

Quiet Marionette

Hardcore Nymph

14,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hygienic 200

Gotherine Foxx

Dangerous Genius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:49 pm
Garek get white and be serious!

I'm a republican jew it's penny pinching at every turn and deals brokered where none is happy this way it's all fair .... Lol i kid i kid. But i always saw the presidential seat as the chairmen that worked as the captian when the captain wasn't here... really it would be the same job i have always just with a title.  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff