Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Voice actor
  "Seiyuu"
View Results

Orionis Rigel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:07 pm
The more I fall for Aya Hisakawa, the more I detest Daniel DeSanto's "Dude"-Rei voice. (That's just my opinion of course)

Soooooooooo, since I'm pretty sure that most of us have seen clips of Japanese Beyblade from our interweb searches, what are your opinions on their original voices?
Which voices do you feel suit them better?
Would you have rather seen -or heard- another voice actor you love and think would have done a better job for any of the characters?
Which is your favourite and why?

[ FOR AN EXAMPLE, SEE MY MEDIA IN MY PROFILE FOR REI VS MYSTEL]
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:21 pm
Personally, my feelings on anime in general is; original is best.

Why?

Because, simply the Japanese hire female voice actors to play boys roles and thus, make them sound like boys rather than men.

The West- for the most part- hires men. Hence why many "boys" in anime sound like 40 year old men.

Let me take Rei for an example. I don't mean any disrespect to Daniel, but his voice is just too... emotive. Sounds weird to say, but Rei really isn't THAT emotional. He's very refined and has obviously been bought up in a society that isn't "touchy feely". Rei!Daniel voice is all over the place, excited where Rei looks mildly pleased, angry when he looks determined...
However, I find Aya!Rei voice to be much more flowy and softer. I find Rei with a soft voice, without too much fluctuation to be much more fitting for his character. Let's not forget that Rei is rather quiet and introverted. Not unfriendly of course, he just likes to think for himself.

My personal favourite though? Takano Urara's Kai-voice. It's incredible and so much more fitting for him than David's rather adult voice. Takano Urara manages to pull of something extremely husky and deep, without making Kai sound older than his mid-teenage years.

Max's and Takao's voices are extremely cute, and finally... Boris's high-picthed original voice is FANTASTIC >w
^w^

Orionis Rigel

Soppon
Captain

Hilarious Flatterer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:25 pm
I haven't really heard that many of the voices. Garlands and Yuriy's are the ones I'm most familiar with. For that matter, I adore Yuriy in the original. His English one sounds so brutish comparatively.

I adore Boris' pretty voice. whee

You made me miss my old video clips *sniff* they were swallowed up by my old hard drive when it crashed in August.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:15 am
I can send you stuff, honey ^w^ AND I've got Rei vs Mystel in my profile media ^^

Orionis Rigel

Prodigious_girl

Friendly Humorist

31,700 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Professional Decorator 250
  • Professional Snowfriend Architect 250
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:09 pm
^^ Maxie's Japanese voice is so cute!! Especially when he speaks English...T _T;; though I'm not too fond of Kai's Japanese voice...I think it makes him sound too feminine...

Soppon edit: Don't use the term Jap!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:39 pm
Jess, do you have the first Kai vs Brooky?! Mmm, it was so gorgeous in Japanese... *sigh*  

Soppon
Captain

Hilarious Flatterer

Orionis Rigel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:41 am
I... don't?

Why!! DO YOU!?

*fangirls you*

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:10 pm
*cry* I used to have it! But then my hard drive ate it... and everything else. The music when Kai was falling... *sobs* The dub is put to absolute SHAME.  

Soppon
Captain

Hilarious Flatterer

Prodigious_girl

Friendly Humorist

31,700 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Professional Decorator 250
  • Professional Snowfriend Architect 250
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:47 pm
Soppon
Jess, do you have the first Kai vs Brooky?! Mmm, it was so gorgeous in Japanese... *sigh*
Brooklyn is done by Souichirou Hoshi!! I LOVE HIM!! *huggles Hoshi-san* I created a guild for Souichirou-san because I love his voice SOOO much.

((Sorry, for posting the "Jap" term last time, I usually have a limited amount of time, and I was trying to get things done as fast as possible. Gomen.))  
Beyblade Association

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games