Submit

AuroraSilverRose

Friendly Browser

6,700 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:15 am
I am looking to do an Anthro RP. I have no clue what I want the story line to be or really anything sweatdrop . So umm... I need some help. I want to keep the people down to around 5 so I dont get confused with what is going on, but other then that HELP!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:30 pm
Count me in. I need a good rp, I just hope it's not like every other Gaia rp I've joined where the thing progresses 10 pages in a day and I have to drop out because of the break neck pace. XP

As for the story, I might have an idea.
It follows closely along Earth Eternal's premise (if you ever played it while it was still running) in where the setting is almost post-apocalyptic. Humans' time has ended and animals have grown and evolved to an anthropomorphic state (natural mutations allow for more unique anthros like unusual fur colours/patterns, slightly mutated limbs like extra long tails/ears, and wings on non-avians in rare cases). In this higher level of being the animals have built up to the technological/architectural equivalent of the middle ages, and most species are civilized enough to get along with each other in society.

The plot begins with a villian, a dark emperor/empress obtains arcane powers (magic is not a normal occurring in the world) and begins his/her conquest on the world by using these powers to cast an epic spell. Starting from the epicenter of the civilized world (some major city, still unnamed) a black tar like substance begins spreading. Creeping its way across the landscape, covering everything in it wake and eventually hardening to an obsidian like stone. From this he/she plans to sculpt and shape the world to his/her liking.

The main characters have to first meet up and somehow find their own personal reasons for wanting this plague to stop. They'll be simultaneously running from the creeping plague (which spreads at about 1 mile per day), discover who's the cause of it, where they're hiding and then find a way to either stop them.

.....just a thought. ^^;  

Zuri-kai

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

AuroraSilverRose

Friendly Browser

6,700 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:54 pm
Zuri-kai
Count me in. I need a good rp, I just hope it's not like every other Gaia rp I've joined where the thing progresses 10 pages in a day and I have to drop out because of the break neck pace. XP

As for the story, I might have an idea.
It follows closely along Earth Eternal's premise (if you ever played it while it was still running) in where the setting is almost post-apocalyptic. Humans' time has ended and animals have grown and evolved to an anthropomorphic state (natural mutations allow for more unique anthros like unusual fur colours/patterns, slightly mutated limbs like extra long tails/ears, and wings on non-avians in rare cases). In this higher level of being the animals have built up to the technological/architectural equivalent of the middle ages, and most species are civilized enough to get along with each other in society.

The plot begins with a villian, a dark emperor/empress obtains arcane powers (magic is not a normal occurring in the world) and begins his/her conquest on the world by using these powers to cast an epic spell. Starting from the epicenter of the civilized world (some major city, still unnamed) a black tar like substance begins spreading. Creeping its way across the landscape, covering everything in it wake and eventually hardening to an obsidian like stone. From this he/she plans to sculpt and shape the world to his/her liking.

The main characters have to first meet up and somehow find their own personal reasons for wanting this plague to stop. They'll be simultaneously running from the creeping plague (which spreads at about 1 mile per day), discover who's the cause of it, where they're hiding and then find a way to either stop them.

.....just a thought. ^^;

Yeah that is why i want to keep it down to around five people so that people dont get lost in what is going on. That and im not a really strong role player, so it will take me a bit to get going.

That sounds like an interesting story line. I could probably get into something like that.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:07 pm
Ah, five is just a good general number for a role-play anyways (anywhere between 4-6 is good I think). Any more and it gets confusing and any less and you loose activity to the point of death.

I'm glad you thought so. I based it off another rp on a forum I've been a member of for probably way too long. sweatdrop
We'll have to hear what other people say first though...if other people post here.
My gears are already turning though, thinking out character sheet for the main baddie, potential important NPCs and what not. I'm such a pathetic nerd. XD  

Zuri-kai

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

AuroraSilverRose

Friendly Browser

6,700 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:57 pm
i have only done one on one role plays so this will be new for me.

Yeah we are going to have to wait for more people.
I am happy you are because I have no clue what to do. I still have to work on Rose, I am sill new at Anthro.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:10 pm
I tried one on one once but I can't say I was much of a fan. Probably because two people micro-managing so many characters started to feel cluttered to me.

*taps foot in waiting*
Hehe, I've been at this rp thing for a while. sweatdrop
Yeah, if nobody else wants to jump in and play the baddie I'm already set to pounce. I've never done and anthro rp before but I can't see it making that huge of a difference. ^^;  

Zuri-kai

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

AuroraSilverRose

Friendly Browser

6,700 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:19 pm
I hoping this goes good. So maybe I might start another, but that wont be for some time.

I used to rp but i stopped for a few years.
Im not so good a being a baddie. I've only just started to anthro rp, I used to rp humans.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:52 pm
Hey I wouldn't mind being a part of this. I've been waiting for a good rp to put my furry girl in. She does look kind of dark, but she's not evil and I have the perfect reason why she wants to stop the plague. ^w^  

LilMarceline

Interesting Informer

5,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Informer 100

AuroraSilverRose

Friendly Browser

6,700 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:04 pm
Yukia37
Hey I wouldn't mind being a part of this. I've been waiting for a good rp to put my furry girl in. She does look kind of dark, but she's not evil and I have the perfect reason why she wants to stop the plague. ^w^

Okay, awesome! I'm still working on my girl.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:01 pm
So how are things coming along? Im just trying to work out some details on my Character.  

AuroraSilverRose

Friendly Browser

6,700 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Hygienic 200

Zuri-kai

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:17 pm
Well, we're still pretty seriously lacking in the member's depertment, but with about 1-2 days notice I can put together a world map for the setting, a form for participating members to fill out, and a nice opening post/thread for us. We'll need at least one or two more people to start though. razz  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:36 pm
Zuri-kai
Well, we're still pretty seriously lacking in the member's depertment, but with about 1-2 days notice I can put together a world map for the setting, a form for participating members to fill out, and a nice opening post/thread for us. We'll need at least one or two more people to start though. razz

Wow eek , I bow to your awesomeness!

Yeah people would be nice.  

AuroraSilverRose

Friendly Browser

6,700 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Hygienic 200

Zuri-kai

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:27 pm
AuroraSilverRose
Zuri-kai

Heh heh, nah nah. Not awesomeness, just experience. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:04 am
Zuri-kai
AuroraSilverRose
Zuri-kai

Heh heh, nah nah. Not awesomeness, just experience. sweatdrop

Well your experience is greatly appreciated. blaugh  

AuroraSilverRose

Friendly Browser

6,700 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Hygienic 200

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:35 pm
If you want to go all out on a world map, are bored, and have photoshop, then you can use this tutorial as a springboard.

http://www.cartographersguild.com/content.php?116-Ascensions-atlas-style-in-Photoshop

I -really- love the results but ya' gotta fine tune it a lot to get it to your liking.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/Garek_Maxwell/Art and Sketches/Map_Experiment.jpg
I played around and got this, which was pretty fun. Zoomed out a lot, but eh, I was just playing.

There's more tutorials at that web site if you're into map making. I've really enjoyed the stuff they produce as well. Some of it is just jaw dropingly gorgeous.  
The Peoples Republic of Fiction and Pretend

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff