View Results

DarkWolfLove

Toothsome Werewolf

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:28 am
Okay, I get the whole "sexual RPs not allowed blah blah blah".
I actually like that rule, as it is one of my own.
But!
Why not allow a 1x1 RP that specifically stated it wasn't sexual?
What if it wasn't going to be in PMs?
What if they made a 1x1 thread in the Guild?

I think this might be why the Guild is so inactive.
I would love a 1x1, nonsexual RP, that was open in the Guild, but only allowed between the two partners.

It's bringing activity up, it's showing off some RP skills.
And hey, if lots of people want in, the 1x1 could easily be turned into a group RP!
I've seen it done before!
This might be the last straw for me in this Guild.

So many people complain that the Guild needs more activity and that other RP-based guilds are getting ahead of us.
To me, this might be why.
Not "no 1x1s allowed", but the "uptightedness" of this guild.

If something as simple as 1x1 RPs is unaccepted, no wonder no one wants to be around.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:29 pm
i think thats a great idea... the entire situation where the thread and rp will be open to anyone's veiw would pretty much garuntee no one will break the rules openly.

it would be even more secure if 1 on 1 rp's would have to be pre approved by guild mods.  

Jungle Boots

Zuri-kai

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:18 pm
/me agrees with DarkWolfLove.

However upon reading the rules for the rp section I didn't see it stated anywhere (at least not in a clear manner) that 1x1 RPs weren't allowed. It only stated that sexually themed RPs weren't permitted. I think one of the higher ups needs to go through and more clearly write out the rules for the role-play section rather than having it one disjointed paragraph.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:53 pm
I didn't know 1x1 RP's were not allowed... then again, I don't care about RP's.

But hey, that sounds nice to me. Even I've seen small RP's turn into HUEGTASTIC RP's.

I support this. But still don't care, really.

User Image  

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

DarkWolfLove

Toothsome Werewolf

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:05 pm
There's a thread in this subforum that states (Mortella posted it) that PM RPs are not allowed, however, 1x1 threads are being locked, even if they aren't advertising for PMs.
I assumed the last one (that I posted in myself) was a fine thing to do, it specifically stated that it was not going to be sexual (if my memory serves right) and nowhere did it state it was going to be PM-based.
I assumed it would simply be a 1x1 public thread here in the Guild.

I was whole-heartedly behind it and awaited a reply only to see it was locked and the content of the first post was changed.

In case you couldn't tell, I REALLY want to do a 1x1 RP.
I just like them better than group ones more often.
It's less frustrating and hectic when it's privatized, but it can easily be changed into something larger, so there is room to grow.

If a mod doesn't see this by tomorrow, I'm going straight to Garek to straighten this out.
Or perhaps Mortella since she posted the rules.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:43 pm
My reasoning for locking out any 1x1 rps is most of them have a higher than pg 13 rating, or outright sexual in nature and have absolutely no grounding in role playing in guild. Or their creators are bots, third party entities, and or after that doesn't work we get the wonderful come check out my live webcamn show. It would be one thing if we still were the *adult furry guild. I wouldn't have to think about the potential of minors get6ting on doing something stupid, a mod/or admin trying to break it up and then getting promptly blamed for it and then banned *arty. in the long run it's bad experiences in the past and trying to save the drama of hoops jumped true on previous occasions.

But

I wouldn't mind a role player index listing your availability for role play. I.e. if you prefer rp thru pms, in guild, or if you have a favorite out of guild thread.I also wouldn't mind having "private rp's" in guild.  

Gotherine Foxx

Dangerous Genius

DarkWolfLove

Toothsome Werewolf

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:52 pm
Mortella
My reasoning for locking out any 1x1 rps is most of them have a higher than pg 13 rating, or outright sexual in nature and have absolutely no grounding in role playing in guild. Or their creators are bots, third party entities, and or after that doesn't work we get the wonderful come check out my live webcamn show. It would be one thing if we still were the *adult furry guild. I wouldn't have to think about the potential of minors get6ting on doing something stupid, a mod/or admin trying to break it up and then getting promptly blamed for it and then banned *arty. in the long run it's bad experiences in the past and trying to save the drama of hoops jumped true on previous occasions.

But

I wouldn't mind a role player index listing your availability for role play. I.e. if you prefer rp thru pms, in guild, or if you have a favorite out of guild thread.I also wouldn't mind having "private rp's" in guild.

But the last thread that advertised a 1x1 RP stated that there would be no sexual RPing (I believe so, anyway, can't be sure now; but I'm pretty positive because I would not have posted otherwise).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:04 pm
DarkWolfLove
Mortella

But

But the last thread that advertised a 1x1 RP stated that there would be no sexual RPing (I believe so, anyway, can't be sure now; but I'm pretty positive because I would not have posted otherwise).
Yeah the first post had suggestion of private romantic rp with a wink. And I really wouldn't have cared either way the way it was set up as a mass search but since it's no longer adults i have to worry about but also minors i have to have the super hypersensitive to the possibility of children or those who are underage. Where as an adult crowd would easily blow it off as nothing and let the thread sink into obscurity. I'm trying to save from a s**t rolling down hill blow up.  

Gotherine Foxx

Dangerous Genius

DarkWolfLove

Toothsome Werewolf

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:15 pm
Mortella
DarkWolfLove
Mortella

But

Yeah the first post had suggestion of private romantic rp with a wink. And I really wouldn't have cared either way the way it was set up as a mass search but since it's no longer adults i have to worry about but also minors i have to have the super hypersensitive to the possibility of children or those who are underage. Where as an adult crowd would easily blow it off as nothing and let the thread sink into obscurity. I'm trying to save from a s**t rolling down hill blow up.

Romantic but not sexual, if I recall correctly.
She said specifically.

Fine, kids see a wink, so what?
They are supposed to be 13 or supervised anyway.
If a parent let's their 11 year old roam the internet freely, that's their fault.
And kids don't need "romance wink " to put ideas in their heads.
Trust me on that.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:15 pm
Not that I can contribute any, but I would prefer the RP sub-forum slowly die off in favor of main page RP threads. However, 1x1 rp threads were not something I considered before.

It's not like I was going to close the RP subforum or anything. I just wanted to get activity where it's easily seen. sweatdrop  

Garek Maxwell

DarkWolfLove

Toothsome Werewolf

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:21 pm
Garek Maxwell
Not that I can contribute any, but I would prefer the RP sub-forum slowly die off in favor of main page RP threads. However, 1x1 rp threads were not something I considered before.

It's not like I was going to close the RP subforum or anything. I just wanted to get activity where it's easily seen. sweatdrop

I wasn't even aware there were RPs on the main page, let alone that it was allowed.
I'm fine with posting threads there, but I figured since stuff was still happening here, I'd post here.
If you'd care to move it, please do~
More opinions might help.
:3

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:23 pm
It is my stand and i am standing by it. I understand it's my own personal decision as the administrator for this sub forum. And as witch i have stated my reasoning for it and i am stead fast in this decision. I do not allow 1x1 rp's due to the negative light cast on them. I have stated what i would prefer seeing instead of using the 1x1 terminology and i do not believe it to be wrong as the admin for this section of the forum. I have no further discussion on the matter.  

Gotherine Foxx

Dangerous Genius

Gotherine Foxx

Dangerous Genius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:25 pm
Garek Maxwell

It's the only reason why I'm still here. If my purpose in the guild were to be non existent I would push on. I think it's the leash to keep me.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:33 pm
So, Mort, you'd rather it say "Private RP" instead of "1x1"?
To me, "Private" sounds more suspicious than 1x1..
It's not GirlxGirl or GuyxGuy if that's the connotation you're getting...
1x1's are all over Barton Town and quite public.

I honestly don't understand your mentality on this, but whatever.

Does this mean we can do 1x1's in the main forum, just not in this subforum?
If so, hurray my faith in this Guild is restored.
If not, welp, back to lurking for me.

DarkWolfLove

Toothsome Werewolf

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:40 pm
DarkWolfLove
I wasn't even aware there were RPs on the main page, let alone that it was allowed.
I'm fine with posting threads there, but I figured since stuff was still happening here, I'd post here.
If you'd care to move it, please do~
More opinions might help.
:3

It was a recent rule change, we allowed RP threads on the main page so long as they had [RP] in the thread title's beginning (or ending would work too). It wasn't announced though.

Edit: And if someone forgot to add that to their thread title, we'd add it in for them.

I think this weekend there will be a new thread regarding possible rule changes and probably a vote on several things eventually. Most of the rule changes I'm looking at will probably not impact current users at all. Just streamlining as much as I can.

Mortella
It's the only reason why I'm still here. If my purpose in the guild were to be non existent I would push on. I think it's the leash to keep me.

I'd never want to remove RPing one bit in the guild. I think it's integral to the health of the community here. :3
I just think if it's in the main forum more people could join in. Dunno. I think we'll leave it up to a vote than just decide ourselves as mods. Maybe give everyone three options, "keep the sub-forum", "leave it open for now but eventually close it", and "close it". Maybe.  
The Peoples Republic of Fiction and Pretend

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff