Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
You Decide! Rules, Revitalizing, & More! - June 26 Update Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:51 pm
Hi everyone! I'm here for suggestion on opening the flood gates for trolls making the guild more accessible and user friendly while encouraging activity.

I'm going to do this in an unusual manner because there's too many topics. Rather than make 5 threads each with it's own poll, I'd like to read what you have to say regarding rules and guild structure. You don't have to have a long thought out reply, but those are appreciated. Consider your replies as poll votes!

So lets get to the topics on board, and please make suggestions!

------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------

9. Deleting the "Ask your Mod" and "Role Play Index" threads in the RP sub-forum.
Mostly just making sure no one would want to use these things. They don't seem to have been used at all.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=18679325
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=18679297

[That's all I got right now. sad ]

------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------

[Motion Failed] 3. Closing the Art Subforum and allowing art threads in the main forum with the [Art] tag in their thread title's beginning or end.

[Motion Failed] 4. Closing the RP sub-forum and allowing RP threads in the main forum with the [RP] tag in the thread title's beginning or end.

Note: The rules have stayed the same, allowing people to post in the main forum these sorts of topics providing they have [Art] or [RP] tagged in the title. Not a lot of complaints on this so it stayed.

[Motion Failed]10. New guild name suggestions.

Merged into the Identity contested.

[Motion Passed] 1. Removing the "character sheet" requirement to join the guild and leaving it down to explaining why you'd like to join the guild.

[Motion Passed] 2. Cleaning up announcements and stickies.

[Motion Passed] 5. Allowing non-sexual one on one (1x1) RP threads.
(I will be making rules for this.)

[Motion Passed] 6. Changing the guild name.

[Motion Passed] 7. Logo Design Contest.

[Motion Passed] 8. Merging New Members, introduce yourself here! and Member Profile Thread.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:59 pm
For the application into the Guild:
I do think a character sheet is NOT needed, however, stating age, reason for joining, and who referred them would be helpful.

I don't know about closing the subforums.
With all the people we have, it could get pretty crowded on the front page, 'specially if this bumps up activity.
I say leave the subforums, but perhaps add more rules to them:
Art: [R] for request, for shop or selling.
RP: [OOC] if it's a specific thread for out of character, for idea to be discussed, [L] for looking for people (have an idea, but need players).

And I am of course behind the 1x1 RPs.

And perhaps it could be considered: opening up new subforums?
One for thread games, one to post a whole thread on your own Fursona (maybe, would get crowded too, but I know I like when a Guild has this, so I can link it in other threads), and any others.
I know that too many subforums can get tiring to navigate, but not having enough is hard too.

DarkWolfLove

Toothsome Werewolf

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Jungle Boots

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:08 pm
I vote yes across the board....

crouded or not i think with indicators for rp, art, and game threads should be moved into the main forum. in my experience with guild management, subforums are almost universally unused unless the guild is a decently active RP guild that needs separation and organization like that.

I also suggest keeping threads such as the profile thread by combining it with the new member introduction thread.

I suggest also keeping the weekly users contest up, so long as we actually aim to participate in it. id donate all the gold i had for it if i hadn't donated it to a friend already.

announcements are hardly read... i suggest we keep up on posting an announcement and then within an appropriate time period letting it fall back into an archive subforum... as the origional thread is then removed from announcement status and let to fall back into the main forum's thread list.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:23 pm
I'm going to stay mostly hands off so as not to influence votes too much for the time being.

DarkWolfLove
I don't know about closing the subforums.
With all the people we have, it could get pretty crowded on the front page, 'specially if this bumps up activity.
I say leave the subforums, but perhaps add more rules to them:
Art: [R] for request, for shop or selling.
RP: [OOC] if it's a specific thread for out of character, for idea to be discussed, [L] for looking for people (have an idea, but need players).

And perhaps it could be considered: opening up new subforums?
One for thread games, one to post a whole thread on your own Fursona (maybe, would get crowded too, but I know I like when a Guild has this, so I can link it in other threads), and any others.
I know that too many subforums can get tiring to navigate, but not having enough is hard too.

We could also keep the rules the same as they are now and let RP threads on the main forum and in the sub forum, giving users a choice.

I think we can get away with just a single "OOC Thread" for topic discussions if there are any at all. Not required, just a convenient place to talk in.

I'm kinda against more subforums.... If users really want them and push, I'll concede, but they gotta get used or else they'll just get closed again.

Jungle Boots
I suggest also keeping the weekly users contest up, so long as we actually aim to participate in it. id donate all the gold i had for it if i hadn't donated it to a friend already.

announcements are hardly read... i suggest we keep up on posting an announcement and then within an appropriate time period letting it fall back into an archive subforum... as the origional thread is then removed from announcement status and let to fall back into the main forum's thread list.

I...don't really know how to handle the active users contest thread. I don't want to shut it down, but I think it could be unstickied and become something that gets updated once and a while... Like, maybe it goes like "for post 1000, you win X" next week, "for post 2000, you win Y". Etc. If its' for active people, then it doesn't need to be stickied anyway. It'll naturally rise to the top.

The current announcements are pretty outdated. I'm thinking they should only last a month max, and new announcements will be made for maybe Gaia events. For example, AFG threads in event forums and such.  

Garek Maxwell

Jungle Boots

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:34 pm
sounds good to me.

i actually prefer your suggestion to the situation of weekly contest threads.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:51 pm
Garek Maxwell

1. Removing the "character sheet" requirement to join the guild and leaving it down to explaining why you'd like to join the guild.

I vote yes. Not everyone who may want to join will have a fursona. Maybe they're not that furry, haven't decided yet, or are just NOT a furry and are interested. Having a thread to post them for those that have them is good enough.

Garek Maxwell
2. Cleaning up announcements and stickies.

I think the New Members thread should stay (or be redone). You can introduce yourself, post your fursona information (if applicable) in an easily found location. The Member Profile Thread in addition to it is just redundant, they can be one in the same. The Weekly Active Users should be unsticked. First of all, it is closed. Secondly, if it's really for active posters it should be getting bumped up anyway.

As for Announcements, they should be stickied as long as they are relevant, then removed.

Garek Maxwell
3. Closing the Art Subforum and allowing art threads in the main forum with the [Art] tag in their thread title's beginning or end.

Yes, that's fine. It's an infrequently used Subforum, even when the Guild was active there would only be a couple of threads that were regularly used.

Garek Maxwell
4. Closing the RP sub-forum and allowing RP threads in the main forum with the [RP] tag in the thread title's beginning or end.

I'm a bit indifferent to this as I've never used the RP Subforum (or RPed much at all ever). It is different than discussion threads though, and as person who craves organization, I'd want a separate Subforum. However, as I am not aware of the usage of said Subforum currently, I will not form a strong opinion either way.

Garek Maxwell
5. Allowing non-sexual one on one (1x1) RP threads.

No, that's what PMs are made for. It would just be clutter. Threads about seeking RP partners would be fine though.

Garek Maxwell
6. Changing the guild name back to AFG, Adult Furries Guild.

I am for this, however I am also for just fixing the current name. I know the "Adult" part of the old AFG name gave off the wrong idea to some, and made some younger folks feel excluded.

Garek Maxwell
7. Logo Design Contest.

I am all for this. A good design is more eye-catching and pleasing to look at. May help draw in more members.  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:32 am
Okay, here's my 2¢ on everything. Feel free to disregard anything I say. Also, my thoughts are a little jumbled right now, so please bear with me. X3

Garek Maxwell
1. Removing the "character sheet" requirement to join the guild and leaving it down to explaining why you'd like to join the guild.

Agreed. We've got at least one non-furry member (hey Erik *wave* :3), and by having a character sheet requirement, it would most likely dissuade a lot of other non-furries who may have a genuine interest in what we're about ((or even furries who don't have a fursona) from joining.

Garek Maxwell

Agreed. The front page is starting to get rather cluttered, and many of the announcements aren't even relevant anymore.

Garek Maxwell
3. Closing the Art Subforum and allowing art threads in the main forum with the [Art] tag in their thread title's beginning or end.

Disagreed. I think we should have a "one-stop shop" set up for people looking to buy/sell art; that way, we can keep the main forum from getting overly cluttered, which in turn can result in specific threads becoming easier to find.

Garek Maxwell
4. Closing the RP sub-forum and allowing RP threads in the main forum with the [RP] tag in the thread title's beginning or end.

Disagreed, for the same reason as above.

Garek Maxwell

I have no opinion on this one, since I really never RP. X3

Garek Maxwell

Agreed. I think we should really try to get back to the standard of behavior we had a while ago: that of a mature guild with members who can interact more-or-less "normally" (don't think that's the word I'm looking for, but I can't think of anything else right now). There are tons of average, chatterbox-esque guilds; we need to set our sights higher than that.

Garek Maxwell
7. Logo Design Contest.

Could be fun. I don't see why not. :3  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:26 pm

While I think having this help keep spammers and useless people out, it also excludes people who may not have a fursona at the time, which can hurt activity/membership.
I think the guild would be fine if we removed this and simply asked for a reason why a person wants to join the guild. People with fursonas are likely to post them in the appropriate threads upon joining anyway.

Yes please! The top of the guild is very cluttered. I agree we should remove all announcements that are no longer relevant, and remove one of the two introductory/profile thread. I'm for keeping "New Members, introduce yourself here!" because it's welcoming and a lot of new members post fursona profiles (or at least basic information) there anyway.
Possible big hyped up contests would be good to sticky too, but I'm a little on the fence with that.

While art is wonderful I feel moving the art threads to the main page would create a lot of clutter, and wouldn't add enough activity to the main page to make it worth it.

I say we should keep the RP sub-forum, but convert it into an RP OOC forum specifically (potentially including 1x1s in this section too since they're not exactly all inclusive RPs). That way, recruitment threads and OOC talk can be kept to that thread in the sub-forum while the RP itself makes its home on the main forum page (with the tag [RP] in front of it of course) and helps bring active posting and hopefully attention to the guild's main page.

Absolutely. They're popular and I see no reason not to have them. The non-sexual stipulation is obviously there so there should be no problems reflecting fears mentioned by other members.

100% yes. While I appreciate the thought (and I think money) that went into changing the guilds name and commissioning those sig banners, the grammer is frustrating, and makes us sound immature, and I feel that we all want the level of maturity and intelligence that being the Adult Furries Guild implies. I know this sacrifices a lot of potential member growth but for me personally if they want to act childish they have a whole other 99% of Gaia's forums and guilds to plague.

7. Logo Design Contest.

This is a great idea. It promotes member involvement (at least while the contest is active) and attempts to give us a guild image, which is key.  

Zuri-kai

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:56 am
Okay, for things there seem to be a consensus on I'll be implementing soon. That includes:

- Cleaning up announcements (just them, not stickies.)
- Removing the character sheet requirement and replacing it with a "why do you want in?" question along with the option of including a referral.

I'll need to talk to J. about several things first like AFtG renamed back to AFG.

Things that need one last question but are likely to be done during the week:

- Merging New Members Introductions and Members Profiles.
Should it just be a straight merge or, as crazy as it sounds, the creation of an entirely new thread and just unstickying the old ones (not deleting!)?

------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------

I'll update the first post to reflect the changes and will add one or two new things in a moment.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:44 am
Garek Maxwell

Should it just be a straight merge or, as crazy as it sounds, the creation of an entirely new thread and just unstickying the old ones (not deleting!)?

Might as well make a new one. That way there can be a revised instructions post first, and then we can start fresh. There's so many people no longer active that the old threads are mostly irrelevant anyway.  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:01 pm
shoki_de_nai
Garek Maxwell

Might as well make a new one. That way there can be a revised instructions post first, and then we can start fresh. There's so many people no longer active that the old threads are mostly irrelevant anyway.

Agreed. It'll be good to make a fresh start in that regard. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:11 pm
[♫=♥]

I'm not all for changing the name back to Adult. It just makes me feel that it's too serious and lacks any fun (plus the whole confusion with having "Adult" content").
I love the idea of a Logo Design Contest, it will bring loads of activity.
Since most logos have its own specific color scheme (McDonalds have Red and Yellow, Coke have Red and White, this one club's colors were pink and green etc) , will the guild have its own color scheme?

Jiti

Tiny Animal

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:09 pm
Hmm... A new thread seems to be favored but I'll give it a little more time to allow users to have their say before I rush in.

Jiti
[♫=♥]

I'm not all for changing the name back to Adult. It just makes me feel that it's too serious and lacks any fun (plus the whole confusion with having "Adult" content").
I love the idea of a Logo Design Contest, it will bring loads of activity.
Since most logos have its own specific color scheme (McDonalds have Red and Yellow, Coke have Red and White, this one club's colors were pink and green etc) , will the guild have its own color scheme?

Name change:
Another user expressed interest in this... And I didn't think about it before, but maybe the name could be incorporated into the logo design contest... Or be a separate contest. Personally, I'd like the acronym to stay the same regardless of what the words are...but maybe a user will have a great idea.

I'll...hold off on name changing for now and see about what could be done with this. I don't think it's really contest worthy as the logo would be.

As for color scheme, I don't think it does. J. sorta tends towards purple, which could be one of the colors in the guild. Not sure. When the contest gets set up, I think one of the "rules" will be to limit the design to a set number of colors unless there is good reason to deviate from this. But yeah, there's not current color scheme and personally I wouldn't mind adding that as an optional extra for logo designs (colors could be pulled from one anyway so users don't need to detail it out).  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:12 pm
Garek Maxwell

I agree with the idea of making a new one. A nice clean thread would be nice. 4laugh  

Zuri-kai

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:49 pm
Working on a new main post for the New Members/Profile Post thread. Before I go through with it, I'd like to check in and show what I got in case anyone has suggestions before hand. (If I can get J. to do it, it'll be posted by the Adult Furries Guild mascot. razz )

Quote:

Welcome To Absolute Furry the Guild
The largest, oldest furry Gaian guild!

We encourage new members view the ~ Guild Rules & FAQ ~ thread.

You can introduce yourself and present your fursona's/persona's profile here if you like, allowing us to get to know you better! Feel free to include pictures of your fursona/persona in your profile.

Pictures:
- Please keep [img] tagged pictures under 500px width.
- Post only one [img] tagged image and link to the rest.
- Follow Gaia's PG-13 rules regarding images.

Chat as you like here, and we hope you have a great time in the guild!

If you have any questions, feel free to contact a moderator.

Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff