Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:55 am
User Image
Harith was laying on his back. Why was Harith laying on his back? No reason. He felt the sun a little too hot on his half dark pelt and was trying to hide it underneath him. There was one good thing about this. It wasn't an unbearably hot day. Just a little uncomfortable on his back. At least it was just his back. He was fortune enough not to be born pure black.

The little cub squirmed a little on his back, almost like a worm. A small rock had decided to lodge itself under one side of him and he was trying to move away from it without getting up. His head was facing his den. From his odd perch, he could see the forms of his family doing their own thing. From his upside down vision, he couldn't quite tell what. But it amused him to watch.

When he turned his head another way, he could watch some other lions he had never met before who were busy with something of their own nearby. He was well aware that one day would be his time to leave and start a life like this of his own. For now, he was more concerned with his dark back than what the future would hold. Useless to worry your little head about something that was in the distant future.

The black tail lay flat on the ground, swaying from side to side slowly so as not to stay in the direct sunlight for too long. It felt nice on his belly.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:35 am
User Image

The white male was spending some time by himself today. He had a lot of siblings, well to him it was a lot. There was almost always some one in the den with him. He loved spending time with his parents but today he was having a hard time getting to spend time with his parents today so he thought his best bet was to go out and spend time doing something else for today. He wanted to find something else, he knew there had to be something some where else in this pride for him to spend time with. Or even just to spend some time by himself. Some time by himself would be nice too. He just wanted a break from all of the other lions for a little bit.

He trotted happily his tail flicking around behind him as he did. It was hot today and even though part of him wanted to be at home not walking around in this heat he didn't mind it to a point. It wasn't the light colored pelt he had, in a way he kind of liked it. Then again he didn't really enjoy being cold so being hot wasn't exactly that bad. He enjoyed the heat in an odd way. Well enjoyed wasn't the word but he could easily deal with it happily.

As he was walking something caught his eye, he noticed a male The other male looke da little younger then himself and he was pretty sure that he had never seen him before. But he was really confused at what the lion was doing. Really confused actually, he wanted to know what was going on and why he was doing what he was doing. Was he okay? He wasn't that sure. He moved very carefully to the other male and then arched a brow at him before speaking. "Are you okay?" He asked the other male curiously wanted to make sure that the other lion was indeed okay.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:38 pm
Harith had moved his head so his blue eyes were watching his family once again. Half not trusting his brothers not to take this opportunity of a downed opponent to come after him. His eyes especially seemed to be following a very bright yellow cub. It wouldn't surprise him if that one was the first to jump at a downed brother. He supposed he could go back in the den. It would be cooler in there. But the sun felt so good...So very good.

For a moment he dozed off, his legs lowering until the front paws rested on his chest. The sun was so soothing, it made him sleepy. This didn't last for long, until the voice of someone else woke up him with a little start. He rolled to his side and stretched out all four legs before turning his head to look at the stranger.

He was so white! And the black markings on his face made it difficult to see his nose. The swirls around the other male's eyes reminded Harith of his father's and he wondered if this one was somehow related to his large family. Though, he always thought the swirls around Ilyas' eyes looked like a flower. Sometimes he wished he had inherited a few on his back to break up all that black. But at least he wasn't the only one in his litter without the swirls. Even if he was the only one without any interesting patterns to make up for it. There were the streaks in his mane. That was something only he had.

"Yes, I'm fine," Harith answered simply, his tail flicking on the ground, again. He remembered being told about what to do when you meet someone new and he debated for a moment if he should simply stay on the ground. It was comfortable, in a dirty and bumpy kind of way. But he decided his father might not be happy if he didn't start early-'specially with Harith in sight from the den-and so he stretched his legs out once more before getting to his feet. Giving his body a shake, he stood straight before the clearly older Pesar and put a smile on his face. "Hello. I am Pesar Harith."

The cub's little chest puffed out a little. That was the first time he'd done that and he didn't think he'd done too badly. He did, of course, forget to ask the others name. But small steps before larger ones.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:05 pm
Raja looked at the other male, he was glad to know that hte other male was okay. He would have been sad to find out that the male wasn't okay. Well he also didn't want some one to think that it was his fault that the other lion wasn't feeling okay. But the lions was okay so he was fhappy. "Good!" He commented back to the lion saying that he was okay. He looked at the other male. He looked pretty familiar and he knew it, he wasn't that sure of where he came from but he knew that he had seen the male before.

"Hello!" He greet back with a chuckle before nodding at the other male, "I am Pesar Raja." He knew there were a few other Raja's in the pride but he didn't care, most of them had more then one part to their name however on the other hand his name was just Raja. His father told him it meant King and it made him proud ot have that kind of name, he felt like he could be a king when he wanted to be. "Can I join you? My den is really noisy and I really would rather be some where much quieter." He chuckled some at the idea, but he felt like it was pretty true, he really didn't want to be some where loud right now and he had a feeling that the other male wasn't going to get really loud for no reason.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:08 pm
The little blue eyed cub's tail flicked against his side. A steady flicking a feline's tail would do normally. Not the quick and sweeping movements of one wanting to play. Harith didn't want to play. He'd been doing enough of that the past while. But that was expected when the only offspring in a den were four brothers your own age. He couldn't wait for the time they would all grow out of the constant playing.

He tilted his head to the side slightly, like he was inspecting the strange male and wrinkled his nose. "I would be glad of your company." he answered formally, always trying to be on his best behavior around strangers. It could be argued he was merely on his best behavior because the den was so close. He never wanted to risk a scolding. It didn't make him feel very good to be told off. "So long as you don't pounce on me."

With the formalities out of the way and the sun bearing down on his dark back, again, Harith dropped back down to the ground to roll over on his back. He sighed a little at the cool ground on his fur. He kept his body horizontal to the other male, so all he'd have to do to see the other was turn his head to one side.

Did adults really keep up that formality all the time? He got tired just thinking about it.

"My family isn't always quiet, either." Pointing with a paw, he indicated the shapes of his parents and siblings outside the shade of their home. "Who is yours? Your eye markings look like my Papa's. Sorta."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:09 pm
Raja looked at the male and laughed with a nod before flicking his hair out of his eyes. "Well, I wasn't planing on it, and as long as you don't pounce on me we're good to go." He grinned ear to ear, it was true, he wasn't in the mood for playing either. He COULD play but he would rather relax for a little while. He nodded for a moment before slopping down across from the male and then speaking. "If I say so myself it's nie to find some one else my age who doesn't want to just play all the time, it's nice to spend time doing nothing some times." He chuckled quietly at the idea it was pretty true.

He paused for a moment before looking toward the other cub's family before nodding. "My mother is Tombeto and my father is Anwar. His father is Tariq." He knew that his grandfather was a little more well known then his father was. His father was a bigger member of the pride, and as said before he knew that many other members including the younger ones knew who his grandfather was for one reason or another. His grandfather had a rather large family. Well he had a large family too. "They do?" He asked curiously. "I've seen them before in the water but I can't really see them that great..." His voice trailed for a moment before speaking agian. "I guess they look pretty true though." He laughed once again with a grin growing on his face.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:36 am
The smile on Raja's face was infectious. Though he didn't join in the chuckle, Harith returned the physical greeting just as warmly as the other had. He agreed completely with the statement of the juv lion. Playing was good, sure. But not all the time. Why did they have to practice pinning each other and pouncing from behind rocks? It wasn't like they were going to use those skills for hunting. That was the female's job. He had about as much interest in that as he did going on a large pilgrimage all over the lands. Or to sprout wings and fly. He was quite content right where he was.

"More need to do nothing," the little cub nodded, the tuft on top of his head bobbing with the movement. He screwed up his face at mention of the family, trying to remember if he recalled any of those being mentioned by his parents or the other Banu. Harith wasn't good with names.

Shaking his head, he flicked his tail a few times. "If they were mentioned, I don't remember." He took a moment to put an apologetic expression on his face. "My Papa has swirls like that all over his body. His name is Ilyas. My grandfather is the Vizier, Faiz." A note of pride entered his voice at the last bit. He had important roots. He knew his family was large, so he wasn't the only one with those important roots. But he still had important roots. "My mother is Afsar. Her family comes from another pride far away, I think...Three of my other brothers have those swirls, too. They're pretty. As are yours. It looks like a bird."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:48 am
Raja nodded, "Doing things is nice an all however I agree at times's it's nice to spend time and lay around the pride. I enjoy it." He said simply getting comfortable and thinking. It was nice to spend some time to lay around and basically doing nothing. He had times some times that he liked to lay around. Occasionally he could get his parents to spend time laying around because they enjoyed it when they weren't doing anything else. He liked that he could find some one to keep him company when he wasn't feeling like chasing around all of his siblings. He looked at the male it was also nice to know that he also had friends some where else. This male seemed to feel the same so it was nice to be able to go some where else.

He took a moment to think about it before he started to speak. "I don't think I'm related to Vizier Faiz," he noted and paused before looking at the male. "But my grandfather is Vizier Tariq." He nodded again at the idea. So they were both related Viziers. He thought that it was pretty cool. He took a moment and stretched himself out before speaking again. "Really?" He thought about it before looking at the male. "It really looks like a bird?" He thought before grinning at the male. "wow, thats cool."He nodded at the male with a smile before speaking again. "Thats cool that they also have swirls. I guess that there are a lot of cool markings around the pride." He said simply before nodding at the male." "

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:48 pm
"Yes!" Harith almost yelled, getting excited about finding someone else who shared his views, pointing a paw in the air towards Raja. He wasn't sure if the adults back home did or not. The females always seemed busy with hunting or other Banu chores. Or caring for him and his siblings. His father was equally busy entertaining the cubs. Sometimes, Harith wished he could have seen family life before the five new additions had come along. Just to see what they were like. Just to see where he got his carefree attitude from. It looked a handfull just keeping four of the five cubs busy. Harith, on the other hand, wasn't too hard to keep occupied. He felt somewhat good that he wasn't adding to the chaos too much. Not unless one started it, first.

"Really? That is cool." The cub shifted his weight on his back, making little bouncing motions. He had no desire to remove his dark back from the cool sand. His tail hopped with his body until he came to a standstill, looking up at the mostly white male from his spot on the ground. "So we both have important roots. Never met anyone but my close family who did. I guess it's not surprising. They must have big harems."

At the swirls bit, Harith gave a little nod. "I'd like to have swirls, but at least I'm the only one with my Papa's mane stripes." At that, he reached up with a paw and flicked the mane that was styled in a hairstyle away from his eyes, due to his horizontal posture. "I see a lot of birds when I'm outside, getting away. I see a beak and a bushy tail around your eye."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:00 am
Raja looked at the lion and then nodded at him. "I would almost always rather sit around the pride then do anything else that my siblings want to. I think they should enjoy it too but they never seem to." He grumbled a little frustrated at the idea. He then paused thinking about it, at the same time all of his siblings would probably bother him if he spent a good amount of his time laying around the pride with him.

"It is pretty cool I guess." He could see how it was cool, but on the other hand he knew that to a point it didn't matter that much. He didn't get any special privileges for it, and either way he was just happy that he had family. He was a family lion, but he didn't care who was his grandfather or his father. That was all to it. "I think the more important lions all have big harems, it means a lot of family." He chuckled a little before looking at the other lion. "I have big family and i normally don't see many of them." He said with a small sight before shaking his head a little andlistening to what the male had to say next.

"I like your stripes." He paused as he thought about it. "I'm really the only one who looks mostly like my mama." He stated simply before then pausing ansd speaking again. "they do?" He asked curiously not sure what else to think about his eyes markings he normally couldn't see them.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:29 am
Harith suddenly wished for a blanket. It was getting awkward laying on the ground like this, with his paws up in the air. If he only had a blanket, he could drape it across his back and lay on his side, so his black back would still be covered from the heat of the sun above him.

"Sometimes I try to disappear when it's play time," he mused, stretching out one pale hind leg as the joints became stiff from the position. The black toes spread at the stretch, the claws poking their heads out of the fur for a few seconds. "But someone always finds me. I know it's all to prepare us to defend our families, but..." Here he passed, wrinkling up his nose against the temptation to not say what he was about to say in fear of being called an ignorant little cub. It was important U'W life and he would have to accept it one day. When he was older than Raja was now. And when Raja had managed to do the deed long before him. "I don't want one. Living with some stranger. I'd rather just stay with family."

"A lot of family is good, though, I guess," Harith agreed, his blue eyes watching the skies above him. Were the skies the same in the roguelands? Just the thought of leaving to find out filled him with a bit of fear even now, at his young age. He wouldn't have to worry about that for many months to come.

"I guess I look more like my mama, too, with my simple colors. She has lots of browns and blacks on her side."

[IC] Abandoned Forest [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games