Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Invisible dark_rose

5,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:20 am
wahmbulance i've been all over the net looking for soul reaver (english) comics version i'll be forever thankful if someone gave me the direct link to it rofl
and if u may ask why not google it, well i did and all i got was farsi version and some other version soooo plllllllllllllzzzzzzz help  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:31 pm
User Image

*silently seethes with rage over the chat speak*

*ahem*

Are the comics you're talking about those promotional comics for Soul Reaver?

....I think we had 'em posted here once before, but they had to be taken down?

I can't remember. Sorry, bad memory.

User Image

ArkRaptor
Crew

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:01 pm
I deleted them, like right before I became a mod (May or June of 08?). Offering, linking to, or asking for scandalations of manga, or comics in this case is a slightly heavy TOS violation.

I deleted the thread so none of us would get into trouble for having them up.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:13 pm
Samt03
I deleted them, like right before I became a mod (May or June of 08?). Offering, linking to, or asking for scandalations of manga, or comics in this case is a slightly heavy TOS violation.

I deleted the thread so none of us would get into trouble for having them up.

User Image

Right, so there's yer answer, miss Dark_Rose.

User Image

ArkRaptor
Crew

Invisible dark_rose

5,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:11 am
will that's suck like hell so i don't really have any chance to get the comics by the guild and i can't find it in any comic or book store down town but i'd find the link if i kept looking for them which will have lot of time so much pain but hey! it's soul reaver ---surely worth it--- lol  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:06 pm
User Image

Your complete lack of punctuation is killin' me, babe.

It's just killin' me.

And I don't mean that in the hilarious sense.

User Image

ArkRaptor
Crew

Invisible dark_rose

5,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:39 am
hhhh, i guess my unfortunate luck took the best of me. xp  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:58 am
Oro?

Cause Kitty called you out on the bad grammar or cause we won't give you the link to the scans?  

Kain Balance Guardian
Crew

Vampire

Bluetabbycat
Crew

Jeering Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:28 am
ninja I hate to say it, but if I saw a SR comic on Ebay or Amazon, I'd probably not tell anyone else and swipe it for myself as quickly as possible. ninja

That's what I did to get my Defiance comic! cool

My advice would be to just constantly keep an eye out on sites like Ebay, and one day you might be lucky enough to find one. I was just browsing for general LoK merchandise when I happened across my Defiance comic, so it's just down to luck and persistence, really.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:06 pm
Bluetabbycat
ninja I hate to say it, but if I saw a SR comic on Ebay or Amazon, I'd probably not tell anyone else and swipe it for myself as quickly as possible. ninja

That's what I did to get my Defiance comic! cool

My advice would be to just constantly keep an eye out on sites like Ebay, and one day you might be lucky enough to find one. I was just browsing for general LoK merchandise when I happened across my Defiance comic, so it's just down to luck and persistence, really.

I found the Soul Reaver comics, and ended up having someone grab the only remaining one they had cause even though I'd done the research and had been the one to discover that they even existed the person I was with was entitled to them.

So yeah if I find anymore Soul Reaver stuff not telling a damned soul.  

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

Invisible dark_rose

5,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:28 am
Kain Balance Guardian
Oro?

Cause Kitty called you out on the bad grammar or cause we won't give you the link to the scans?

well, you could say a bit of both and what's really I can't put my finger on is why there is other version, of Languages I can't understand comics but there isn't in english what should like learn farsi to enjoy soul reaver comics but nevertheless i think i should keep looking for the english version, who knows, maybe i'll get lucky somehow  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:58 am
Invisible dark_rose
Kain Balance Guardian
Oro?

well, you could say a bit of both and what's really I can't put my finger on is why there is other version, of Languages I can't understand comics but there isn't in english what should like learn farsi to enjoy soul reaver comics but nevertheless i think i should keep looking for the english version, who knows, maybe i'll get lucky somehow

I would guess it's because Eidos still has some rights to the comics, and their legal department actively goes after anyone posting blatant copy wright violations. Fan art ish fine, and the fanmade videos and the like.

Just a guess.

Also a tip, slow down and type out your sentences. Punctuation helps a lot when you type as well, so does proper spelling. I'm going to assume English is your first language, yes? It's forgivable to misspell a word or two if you're not using Firefox (and I still do it with the spell check.) And for anyone who uses IM or a live chat with me knows my spelling is horrible, but I still try to at least be legible on Gaia.

I am fully aware that this isn't English class or whatever comeback half of Gaia has for improper grammar, however this guild is mostly mature users. At least give us the respect and try to use at least punctuation and proper caps when you type out stuff you want others to read.  

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

Invisible dark_rose

5,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:36 am
Samt03
Invisible dark_rose
Kain Balance Guardian
Oro?

I would guess it's because Eidos still has some rights to the comics, and their legal department actively goes after anyone posting blatant copy wright violations. Fan art ish fine, and the fanmade videos and the like.

Just a guess.

Also a tip, slow down and type out your sentences. Punctuation helps a lot when you type as well, so does proper spelling. I'm going to assume English is your first language, yes? It's forgivable to misspell a word or two if you're not using Firefox (and I still do it with the spell check.) And for anyone who uses IM or a live chat with me knows my spelling is horrible, but I still try to at least be legible on Gaia.

I am fully aware that this isn't English class or whatever comeback half of Gaia has for improper grammar, however this guild is mostly mature users. At least give us the respect and try to use at least punctuation and proper caps when you type out stuff you want others to read.

Omg, I can't believe you guys still bugging me up about this and NO, ENGLISH IS'NT MY FIRST LANGUAGES , THERE I SAID IT HAPPY XD

Any who,.. are you acutely saying that I can't find soul reaver comics anywhere now >> neutral

one more thing: * just for to improve >> my grammar*

I do check a lot after i write then correct and all but i still have you guys telling me somethings wrong i just don't get it ?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:53 am
Invisible dark_rose

Omg, I can't believe you guys still bugging me up about this and NO, ENGLISH IS'NT MY FIRST LANGUAGES , THERE I SAID IT HAPPY XD

Any who,.. are you acutely saying that I can't find soul reaver comics anywhere now >> neutral

one more thing: * just for to improve >> my grammar*

I do check a lot after i write then correct and all but i still have you guys telling me somethings wrong i just don't get it ?

I only asked because it seemed like it wasn't. I deal with 100s of people on here, a good hunk of them have issues with English. Some are just lazy, for some it's not their first language. For me it makes a difference in how I handle people, like how I reply to them. If I know it's not their first language, and I know they have issues with it, I type out my sentences a bit clearer with no contractions.

It was not directed as an insult to you as you seemed to take it.

I work nights, midnight to 5am, so this is my morning, my grammar is usually not up to par when I first get up (hence why I never mod before my second cup of tea... I misspelled 'Site Moderator' in a warning last time I did that.)

You can buy the comics, but finding the scans will be extremely hard. It was easier to find someone selling them in a comic book store then actually finding them online.  

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

MadxHatterxTeapot
Vice Captain

Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:55 pm
Listen. I know you're trying to find the comics and yes they are hard to come by, but here's the thing about promotion comics that it might only give you part of the story and now the whole story. They do this in an attempt to get you to read the comic and then have you buy the game to find out what happens in the rest of the story kind of. Another reason why it's rare to find them...the LoK series has been around a while. The series itself...is about 15 years old. It debuted in 1996 with Blood Omen.

Finding stuff from the 90s is getting harder these day even if we have ebay and other auction finding sites.

Gaia has specific terms of service involving putting up any manga or comics because if you know anything about Manga distributors (which I'm not sure if you do) but recently many sites that have posted up the Manga/Comics scanalations are being forced to take them down because of copyright issues and the distributors feel that these websites are profiting from showing their manga online for free when Manga distributors WANT people to spend their money and BUY manga, not read it for free. If they read it for free all the time then those distributors lose money.

So we're not saying you can't find them, it's very hard to and we can't put them up here because of Gaia's rules and copyright infringement issues.

Does this help any?  
The Clan Sanctuary - Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces