Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:59 pm
Anyone else think so?

http://www.amazon.com/Reaver-of-Souls-ebook/dp/B0032J0J0C/ref=sr_1_25?ie=UTF8&qid=1309035380&sr=8-25

(I'll give it part of the plot is a bit different but still...)  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:36 pm
The title is what put me off especially reading the plot (*cough* Erotica romance novels.. O. x; ). Although it clearly isn't related to the game Soul Reaver, it does have some similarities elements such as the character's features on the book cover and bits of the plot. (In a way, this "Reaver of Souls" reminds me little of the Spirit Reaver.)

It'd be disturbing if the character's name was "Raziel" instead of Torn. rolleyes (And thankfully, its not.)  

Nathaniel Liir

Predestined Backpacker

9,950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Full closet 200

Bluetabbycat
Crew

Jeering Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:14 am
Hmmm... Yeeees...

I'd say the author had played Soul Reaver at some point in the past, and thinking that the franchise was dead and forgotten, no one would notice the blatant similarities.

I bet they were one of those fans that wrote awful fan-fics that had their OC romancing Kain or Raziel or something...  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:12 pm
Do take into account that for fantasy settings certain key words are very prominent. Reaver and Soul are two common words seen.

Also take note that the male on the cover isn't too far off in build when compared to many heroes in romance and erotica novels. Well I can't answer for the former but I can the latter.  

Lieutenant Turel

The Clan Sanctuary - Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff