Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[Q] Kala Itar || Ghost || Dream Catcher [READY] (Crits?)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:14 pm
AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

Name:
Kala Itar
Nicknames:
Kal, Kala

Faction/Race
Ghost || Dream Catcher
Natural Ability:
Devourer of Nightmares- Traditionally, the Ojibwa construct dreamcatchers by tying sinew strands in a web around a small round or tear-shaped frame of willow (in a way roughly similar to their method for making snowshoe webbing). The resulting "dream-catcher", hung above the bed, is used as a charm to protect sleeping children from nightmares. The Ojibwa believe that a dreamcatcher changes a person's dreams. According to Konrad J. Kaweczynski, "Only good dreams would be allowed to filter through . . . Bad dreams would stay in the net, disappearing with the light of day."[4] Good dreams would pass through and slide down the feathers to the sleeper.

Therefore, the natural ability of all Dream Catcher spirits is to devour the nightmares of the person whose bedside by which they sit. After devouring enough nightmares, the inanimate object takes on a soul of its own, hence how young Kala came into being.

Personality:
||Don't Blink||
There's nothing to say for a mixed creature but for their mischeivous streak, Can you blame Kala though? When one eats nightmares for food, you've got to have an outlet to make sure that you can play the right game. His happens to be playing pranks on others. The nastier he can be, the better. It means that he gets to take out the evil impulses that enter his mind. He can't help that it's what comes upon him. His mischief comes in a few different forms, namely harmless pranks, like tripping someone in the hallway, or leaving gum or something silly like that in their hair, clothing, or ice cubes even. He thinks it's amazing. Occasionally, however, he finds himself playing more harmful pranks, such as those of leaving harmful marks on one of his victims. He really doesn't mean it. He doesn't. But what's within him is something dark and evil....Though he keeps it well hidden.

The hiding is usually easier thanks to his warm personality, but those he pranks tend to notice a trend. For the most part, he's able to make it up to those he accidentally hurts, but when it comes to the time that the darkness attacks a friend....Kala tends to withdraw. He's terrified of hurting those he loves, truly and deeply. When such a thing does happen, he does his best to make up for it. Usually this happens in bursts of presents appearing on the bedside at night, pathetic looks during the day, and begging for forgiveness. Usually, friends are forwarned,,,,but caution doesn't always cling to your side.

||Home is where the Heart is||
The darkness is often masked by a warm, open hearted nature. The Dream Catcher enjoys loving those who often aren't loved. Each man, and woman that he runs across, he usually accepts them very quickly. It's a detriment, since it means people can screw him over, but one way or the other, the boy is easily swayed into anything you ask of him, especially since he loves the thought of being able to be everyone's friend. But he is a foreigner, in a way. His warm nature extends to more than just the idea of everyone's individuality how ever. It extends to the darkness, and the evil within people. Kala sees people who could be fixed, and tries to help fix them. This trait also makes him easy to lie to. He'll trust what you tell him, and react as such, often taking your words at face value....Use it wisely.

This trait can be draining for Kala, especially since it ends up with him doing anything that another may ask of him. He's will often give enough to the point that he just withdraws, either within himself, or spends a lot of time tucked away from others. It is usually about this time when his blackmailing trait becomes predominant, since he's often to the point of snapping throughout the entire 'hermiting' process. It makes him relatively harder to get along with, but the warmth does come back, and he tends to become a very empathetic, warm-hearted spirit once more.

||Windows to the Soul||
One thing that the Dream-Catcher doesn't lack is expression. His hands illustrate when he talks, and those EYES and his face. Each moment and each gesture marks him as perfectly expressive. He loves being able to tell more than what most could see, and since his hands, eyes, and lips can tell everyone that. Each moment of who he is, is lived to the fullest, and the delight he feels at being able to show it off is unparalleled. It also means he's closer to the people from whom he feeds. And your dreams have to be just right for him to feed on you....

He does seem to be aware of sign language, and capable of using it, should he chose to. The expressiveness usually does always go so far as to betray his darker emotions that glow beneath the surface, usually in the nature of the glow of his eyes. When they do glow, it's red when he's turning towards the darker side, and usually colored a pale blue, but what most truly notice is the way he moves. When darker, usually movements become more sharp, eyes become more narrow, and his manner more wicked. This is usually averted when he realizes what he's doing....

||Follow the Bouncing Ghost||
Despite the calmer nature to him, he still never stops moving, He bounces and never stops, and continually becomes the person you least expect. Giggly, and often just plain silly, it's almost impossible for one to understand him, since he'll keep people guessing every last moment. Thinking about the games he can play with people makes him horridly giddy, and the fact that a lot of people (especially lately) seem to appreciate his....idiocy, means that he gets away with a lot, or feels as though he does. This is a dangerous thing for a boy who likes 'trolling' his victims, making sure they see him as a friend, and possibly even more.

||The Nightmares Abound||
Beneath all this surface clings something dark and sinister. You cannot eat the nightmares of people and leave no repercussions behind. His mind has imprinted each of the nightmares and their perfect evils. This means that he knows people's fears, and when angry, scared, hurt, or upset, the Spirit seems to exploit it. He becomes an evil creature, intent on destruction and hurting those he loves. You must be a strong man or woman to hold up the darkness he brings. And he warns them ahead of time of what they're getting into....either that, or he's learned to withdraw.

[As stated above, it's almost impossible for him to hide this darkness from those he loves. However, he does tend to warn them, in order to ensure that when these dark spells hit, they are nowhere near. He tends to yank himself from any situation where they are close, and run to the nearest 'safe' haven, where he can't hurt them. He knows that they will see this side of him, at one point or another, but he does do his best to extract them from harm's way, especially since his violent side can get rather physical or abrasive.

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy?
"Oh....Why am I here? I came here, Teacher, to learn what you guys have to offer. Look, there's plenty of things to do here. I want to learn Stealth 1, so I can sneak around in better, so people won't notice me. *it's obvious his English isn't very good* I also want to learn the healing, and more about the human-kin I'll be feed from, eventually, Teacher. I don't think they're all bad. Just have tasty dreams to choose from. Oh, and didn't you say you had an Illusion class? Is that too, I am wanting to take."
(It seems as though his language skills may have a chance to improve over time at Amityville Academy, to be honest. Who knows though,. Maybe he just likes his oddities 8'3)

FEAR:
His fear revolves around the innate ability that his kind carry. It's called the Nightmare Wheel. Basically, He is capable of spinning the energy he gets from the Nightmares he devours into one 2 turn duration physical attack, using the dark energy as a weapon. The issue with this is that it takes a toll on the male's psyche, unless he devours dreams as well....which....Kala isn't all too fond of. He says they taste funny. The Nightmare Wheel takes a mental toll on its weilder, usually causing a snap towards the darker side of one's personality. For Kala, this entails physical harm to any in his immediate vicinity, and usually causes him quite a bit of physical exhaustion, after the duration of the attack. Usually, he either needs to rest after, or find a way to devour another Nightmare, either from a friend, or from someone he's able to lull to sleep.

Physical Description:
Eye Colour:
Color of the eyes is a wicked gold, kind of like that of an eagle. His eyes usually tend to glow either a pale blue/purple (when he's fed and in a good mood), or deep crimson/black (when he's hungry/in dark mode)
Hair Colour/Style:
His hair is cut short all the way around, save for at the bottom where it runs aroudn to the left side, tied in a low ponytail. It's colored to be a soft, pretty black, with coppery highlights when the light hits it.
Skin Colour:
His skin is a pale asian yellow mixed with a soft tan, very stunning, without a single blemish.
Clothing Style/Colours:
He wears a white yukata, much like what a dead child would wear, that parts around his waist. The pants are like harem pants, colored a pale indigo, with silver embroidery on the sides, making him look like the dream-eater he is.
Extra: Pointed ears, teeth ground sharp, and harsh, digging into lips of red, and always looks tired. There is spiderwork lattice of veins running under both eyes, pitch black in color, that sometimes glow a soft purple-red, depending on how recently he's fed.
References: See below

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:21 am
References:

By -_Wish of the Goddess_-
Lines by Merridoll, color by Wish

Resources:

Kala's Groanspring || Ask him anything.  

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:03 am
I'm slightly confused. Has he eaten a human's dreams before? Because, canon wise, he couldn't have. Students aren't allowed to have any experiences in the human world, and thus, Kala shouldn't have been able to eat a human's nightmare. Now, if you mean he's eaten the nightmares of Halloween's denizens, that's a whole different story, and I'm sure it'd be allowed.

Does hurting others distress him? I mean, if you hurt someone, they won't quite be your friend afterwards. Does he try to repair the damage he's done, secretly?

Otherwise, he looks good! I love his design. ^^

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:13 am
Carhop Calvalier

Thank you for the crit!

1.) Yes, he only eats the dreams of Halloween Denizens at the moment. I was well aware that they weren't capable of entering the human world at the time being, and he does only devour the Nightmares he's capable of Finding in Amityville

2.) The fact that a good bit of the time, he does end up hurting others, distresses Kala to no end. He truly does like having friends by his side, since he used to be a good bit lonely for the most part. He does often try to make ammends secretly, usually in little gifts placed about for them to find, or in his mannerisms afterwards.

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:13 am
One main thing to note is that there currently exists a Baku in TiH. Now there's nothing against this but the other Baku is a demon which would mean you'd probably have to change the race for your quest to keep with consistency. It might not be a bad idea to check it out to see what Kai had done in regards to the TiH-Baku canon as well.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:47 am
Hiii o u o Some comments! Hope something is helpful xD; Aside from the obvious of there already being another Baku in TiH, which Blade pointed out.

Personality:
Don't blink: Just out of curiosity, how does he keep such impulses well-hidden? I understand that his warm nature could make people unlikely to suspect these impulses, but it seems like they would be noticed as soon as he pranked someone. Don't his prank victims start to notice a trend, or does he go after new individuals every time, or ones he doesn't know, etc? What about friends, would Kala hurt a friend with this trait?

Home is Where the Heart is: Does this trait ever drain him, or is he always accepting? How does this compassion mix with his sort of blackmailing trait where he exploits the fears of others? Is HE afraid of anything? I really like the contrast between his aggressive dark side and this compassionate, warm side.

Windows to the Soul: He doesn't happen to know sign language, does he? I like the expressiveness :D Does he have any ability to filter his expressions, or do they betray what he's really feeling all the while? If so, it would be harder to hide his dark side than perhaps noted by the other traits.

Follow the Bouncing Ghost: Giggly is such an emasculating word xD; I pictured him as a little schoolgirl OTL Sounds like fun that he's kind of a goof, too.

The Nightmares Abound: As has been previously mentioned above, how does he hide this kind of trait from his friends? How do his friends fare in the longterm if he has so many negative manifestations of his personality? I like the contrasts, but I do want to know how he hides such blatant things so well.

Why are they enrolled: Do you think his english is going to improve while he's studying, or will it stay like that? And it's not a choice that he speaks in mixed up orders, right?

Fear: Can the wheel harm him, too? Or does it only injure his targets? Does it take him long to spin the energy? Do certain nightmares increase its intensity, like ones which belonged to people he cares for?

Not much to say in terms of appearance! Hope this helps a little o u o

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:12 pm
@Blade: I chose the 'Ghost' race for my Baku, thanks to the fact that in Old Chinese myth, and more recent Japanese, the Baku are seen as a race of Spirits, rather than Demons. It's actually said that they EAT the demons that cause Nightmares, hence why I'm hesitant to actually make him a Demon.

@Face: I'll get right on that.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:55 pm
Fixed to here, and things explained as best I can~  

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:37 pm
NEW ART OBTAINED: Lines by Merridoll, color by Me

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:58 pm
Kala also now comes with a Groanspring Here. Any and all questions are welcome for the strange little Dream Catcher.

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:16 pm
RACE CHANGED  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:07 am
Hey! Just so you know, there's a dream eater quest marked for enrollment too here! Not sure if they're done setting up her enrollment thread (it's not marked ready) but it might be a good idea to watch it and see where she's going if you'd like to stick with this race! <3

I believe this one's faction is marked 'demon' as well.  

Ravvlet
Crew

Hygienic Waffles

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:48 am
Ravvlet

Thanks for the tip, Ravvlet ^^
Kala's race has actually been changed from a Dream-Eater, to a Dream Catcher spirit, like....the actual spirit of an object. I probably haven't clarified that well enough yet XD;, but it's a WIP. Thanks for the tip thou~  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:52 am
User Image

New art of Kala, done by the amazing euclids_triangle~

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:44 pm
Queens quests crit~

Approval pert-
Species- I'm afraid for how he came into being wouldn't be possible D: FEAR doesn't work in that manner- It takes massive amounts of FEAR to generate a new species- and, it must of course, be made of fear. The thing is humans have to FEAR something in order for it to generate FEAR, and enough humans have to fear it enough for the FEAR generated to create a new species/person. A creature that devours nightmares thus, makes no logical sense. We have various creatures that play off of dream eating but in the way of a reversal, the devour GOOD dreams, vrs nightmares.

This right now is your biggest drawback. If dream eating is the core of the quest I would try looking for a nightmare creator, or a good dream eater possibility.

FEAR- this also will need an overhaul- Please see the FEAR mechanics thread to choose a FEAR attack!

Overall, I can tell you've put a lot of thought into your character, but for now what would help you most is reading up on FEAR and our FEAR mechanics for battle.

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff