Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[Q] Hanratty the zombified bull [READY! Critpls?]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

troll toll

Bashful Bookworm

9,750 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:56 pm
AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

Name: Hanratty
Nicknames: Friends give nicknames. HANRATTY HAS NO FRIENDS. Yet :3
Age: He appears to be about 17-18 in his humanoid form, but was probably about 5 years old when he died (as a bull...)

Faction/Race Undead, Zombie
Natural Ability: I read that players can create their own natural ability as long as it fits the species..? If so, I would like to create one for Hanratty. He was reanimated by being buried in PET SEMATARY, so I would like to create an ability based on the zombie burial ground idea.
xxxxxBurial Ground: Can influence the ground around his feet to briefly become a haunted burial ground. This influence extends about a foot away from him on all sides. Dead things will be reanimated as long as he stands there. They will return to a nasty, unpleasant semblance of life. For example, dead flower plants will perk up slightly, their leaves will turn from brown to a nasty yellow-green, and their ugly off-colored flowers will release a terrible stench. Dead animals (dead animals small enough to fit entirely within the area of effect) will also briefly reanimate, twitch and stagger dully around, and then drop dead again if they leave the area right around his feet or if he walks away.

Personality: Hanratty the prize bull was minding his business, munching some clover and dreaming happy bull daydreams about stomping men into stringy red puddles, when a bolt of lightning struck him. Boom. Dead. Poor Hanratty would have been happy to continue being dead, but his owner dragged him off to the ancient Micmac burial grounds behind the Pet Sematary, dug a (presumably enormous) hole, dumped him in it and built a cairn. When the moon rose, so did Hanratty; crazed, dead, and craving flesh.

Belatedly realizing that a massive, bloodthirsty zombified bull wasn't the greatest addition to his ranch, Hanratty's owner tried to kill him. Wounded but alive...ish, Hanratty fled. A friendly reaper happened across the baffled and flesh-hungry bull and led him to Halloweentown. At least there he wouldn't be tempted to eat any of the residents.

It's a sad truth that the undead Hanratty is much cleverer than he was in life. Still, he will never be a genius. Compared to his peers at Amityville Academy, Hanratty is a dullard. He doesn't let that get him down, though, probably because he doesn't know what 'dullard' means. Without any juicy humans around to drive him mad with hunger, the bull-zombie is generally a very placid fellow.

Pros:
  • As long as he isn't riled up (by tasty humans or sexy ladies), Hanratty is a very agreeable fellow. When he's just chilling with is bros, he's about the most laid-back guy you'll ever meet. Even the most obnoxious people will find it difficult to get on his nerves.

• Hanratty is very tolerant of others. He doesn't care about species, color, religion, sexuality, beliefs ... really, everything. If people try to explain their differences to him, he will sit patiently and listen, and then file it away under "Don't get it, don't care." Without any prejudices, he'll be able to get along with anyone and everyone at Amityville Academy ... as long as they aren't competing with him for girls, or being such a colossal jerk that even Hanratty can't ignore them. Even colossal jerks may eventually befriend him, though, as long as they quit acting up. Hanratty doesn't hold grudges. That would take way too much mental effort.

• Hanratty has a heaping helping of self-confidence. He knows he can do whatever he sets out to do, and do it well. Even when things don't go his way, it usually doesn't get him down. He'll succeed next time for sure! Although Hanratty believes he is the best, he doesn't brag or try to put others down. There's no reason to go talking trash and picking fights unless there's a girl involved.

Cons:
  • Like any bull, Hanratty can be unpredictable. Especially when there are ladies concerned. Hanratty may be laid-back, just bro'in it up with his bros, and then abruptly turn aggressive towards them if an attractive female strolls by. He doesn't like competition for ladies!

• ...speaking of which, Hanratty is kind of a fail with the ladies. If his zombified appearance, slow wits, and terrible odor don't scare them off, his behavior surely will. He tries to impress them by fighting other males and showing off feats of strength. Usually inappropriately. Hanratty would beat up a girl's boyfriend, kick her dog, and punch holes in her windshield to impress her ... and then be honestly confused when she wasn't thrilled out of her head. Hanratty would offer a girl a ride in his natural form, buck her off hard enough to concuss her, and then try to kiss her awake like Prince Charming. ....He is single.

• Hanratty is ... well ... bull-headed. Like your typical zombie (and your typical bull), he is terribly stubborn. For example, even though his attempts at wooing ladies don't work, he will keep on trying and trying and trying. It takes an outrageous amount of failure to convince him to change tactics.

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy? Hanratty isn't really bright enough to be ambitious as far as education goes, but he heard that the Academy is full of cows ladies. Living things not generally being very open to advances from a zombified bull, Hanratty was pleased to find a whole herd of ladies that won't run away. Well. Hopefully they won't run away, anyways.

Being a zombie, he finds it impossible to resist raw bloody flesh, but his past as a bull has left him with an undying fondness for clover and other tasty, tasty plants. He will be drawn to botany, although he may snack on the plants he studies. He also enjoys showing off his strength and manliness, and will want to study beasts with Professor Byrn so that he can beat the crap out of them and make ladies swoon.

His fondness for snacking on the herbs he's supposed to be learning about will eventually lead to the somewhat unmanly and unzombie-ly hobby of vegan cooking. He will be very affronted if anyone dares question his hobby. He will still stuff himself with delicious raw flesh when available, but won't allow meat to sully his beautiful and tasteful vegan dishes. Being a zombie he finds meat irresistible, but as time goes on and he becomes more and more proud of his reputation as a great vegan cook, he will begin to eat meat in secret shame. 8|

FEAR: CHARGE! Like the bull he was in life before he became a zombie that is shaped like a bull, Hanratty can charge. Although he is usually slow-moving and ponderous, when charging Hanratty gains enormous speed and strength. Being hit by him would be a very unpleasant experience.

However, Hanratty's reflexes are slow when charging. He cannot turn or stop quickly. Once he sloooowly screeches to a halt, it takes him a while to turn and locate whoever annoyed him. He would easily be baffled by an agile opponent. A clever opponent could trick Hanratty by standing against a wall, taunting him and then stepping aside. When Hanratty begins at the Academy, his charge will be extremely clumsy, but over time he will grow to master it more and become a more dangerous opponent. Although he will be gain more control and finer reflexes, his weight and size will always limit his agility.

Physical Description: Hanratty was a bull, so think MACHO. Tall, beefy, muscular ... with a bit of a belly. He does love to eat. And a cute butt. He was a prizewinning bull, so he should be a prizewinning beefcake.

Although he is a sexy hunk of beefcake bodywise, Hanratty does have bull-like features, which I will describe in the extras section!

Eye Colour: Hanratty's eyes have a dull, unpleasant, swampy green glow.

Hair Colour/Style: CC, but seeing as he crawled up out of a muddy grave it shouldn't be too stylish.

Skin Colour: He has very short, dark fur covering his body - unless fur is not allowed? Sorry I'm noobish. If it isn't allowed, he will have dark skin and be hairy. I would like him to be a very dark brown, almost black, with lighter reddish dappling in places. This pattern, but closer to this color. His fur/skin should be peeling in patches, revealing flesh. He should be smeared and spattered with grime, mud and dried blood ... except for his hands, which he carefully washes before he cooks.

I'd like him to have hints of swamp lights around/on him in a CC manner ... little tiny motes of ugly green fire sparking here and there. I don't want him to be a glitterfairyman, just these ugly creepy little bits of glow here and there. He was raised by spooky supernatural forces in the spooky woods, so he should be a bit ... spookylooking oh god I need a thesaurus.

Clothing Style/Colours: Somewhat bedraggled loincloth made of cowhide. Any other accessories should be made of leather/hide as well.

Extra: Hanratty does look very bull-like, even as a humanoid. He has cloven hooves and a bull's tail. His hands are thick and clumsy, with only two broad-nailed fingers (like a tauren). His head/face, while human, should look somewhat bovine ... broad nose (with a ring through it), heavy features, and slightly pointed ears. He has horns. One should be broken and jagged/splintered at the end.

References: I'll work on one!

I guess this isn't actually a reference, just a sketchy pitcher. No quest thread is complete without pitchers. :3

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:35 pm
I love Hanratty. :T  

bipolar bee

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

troll toll

Bashful Bookworm

9,750 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:40 pm
Hanratty: *brofistbump*  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:37 pm
heart  

troll toll

Bashful Bookworm

9,750 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sunny Side Up 100

troll toll

Bashful Bookworm

9,750 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:31 am
mrgreen  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:19 pm
Y'know, I'm feeling all up for random critiques today, so I thought I'd swing by!

To be perfectly honest with you, I can't really see anything obvious to crit, though; as a character concept Hanratty's pretty fresh (short of zombie rot anyway) and frankly, you've done a great job of making the total package when it comes to the big dumb bruiser character archetype. It makes perfect sense for him to be all-accepting when he doesn't have the will or mental capacity to really keep up racial biases/opinions/whatever, and frankly, his catastrophic courting failure sounds like it would be a blast to use in RP. His FEAR makes perfect sense for a bull dude, the vegan cooking is a very unusual (though I find it fitting) quirk. and as far as that headshot is concerned, I'm really digging how you carry the concept through in his design!

... All I can really say is that I think it's spelled cemetery, not sematary. XD GOOD LUCK GETTING HIM, MAN.  

Hanyousblood

troll toll

Bashful Bookworm

9,750 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:32 pm
I'm glad you approve! XD

I spelled "Pet Sematary" the way it's (mis)spelled in the book (the title is actually "Pet Sematary").  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:00 pm
*nudge*  

troll toll

Bashful Bookworm

9,750 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sunny Side Up 100

troll toll

Bashful Bookworm

9,750 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200