Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]
[PRP] Thoughts of Succession (Ubele and Umoja)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:37 pm
Ubele stared at the dirt in front of her and tried to settle her thoughts. It was ... difficult. She had a lot on her mind and things were getting to the point where she needed some guidance. Fortunately, there was someone she could go to, her father Umoja.

Things had been very different since the time of the great earth shake that had changed her life so drastically as a cub. She had lost her mother, but, in turn, had become closer to both her brother and her father. Now she was an adult and it was time that she started taking responsibilities as an heir. However, that was a point of concern for her. Ubele just wasn't sure if she would make a good leader.

Her bonded, Huria, had reassured her that she would, but Ubele still wasn't sure. She needed to speak with her father. Taking a few deep breaths, Ubele continued her trek through the pride's lands and to her father's den. She wasn't sure he would be there, but it was the first likely place to look.

She stood politely outside and called out before answering.

"Father? Are you here? If you are free, I really need to speak with you."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:36 pm
After Lamkana had disappeared, Umoja had pretty much given up on anything but his duties for the pride. In turn, though, he had begun to lose his compassion and empathy for those around him. He had only just begun to court her when she vanished, and honestly, only Mfalme held him back from abandoning his pride to look for her. He had become King in some time before that, and knowing that the pride may fall into quarreling if he had left, Umoja listened to his bonded bird.

Debating over whether he should worry about the smaller rainfall this year, Umoja glanced upwards to see Ubele before him. Mfalme rested on Umoja's back among the scars that his claws had given the lion. A price to pay for a close bond.

"I'm here, Ubele. I'm always here to listen to you," he said as he sat up straighter, ready to listen to whatever his beautiful daughter needed.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:43 pm
Ubele couldn't help but smile when she saw her father. He was such a great leader and such a wonderful, steady presence in her life. He had been there to support her and Ufunuo when their mother had died. Even though he had duties and responsibilities to the entire pride, he still made her feel like she was special.

Huria called quietly to Mfalme from her place on Ubele's shoulder, and bobbed her head respectfully to the older bird. Ubele did the same as her bonded and bowed to her father before approaching.

"Hello, father. I'm not interrupting you, am I?" she asked with a small frown. She wasn't exactly sure what all of her father's duties entailed, but she knew that they kept him busy. And they kept him worried a lot of the time as well.

"I just . . . I've been feeling a little . . . nervous. About being an heir and all that," she muttered, feeling a bit sheepish.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:56 pm
Umoja shifted a bit, and nodded to his daughter when she bowed. Polite as always. Sometimes he wondered just how his kids had turned out so right. If only their mother could be here to see them....it hurt, though more like a dull pain in his chest. Time had healed the worst of the wound.

He shook his head when she asked her question, as he had merely been in here to meditate. It was something he had taunted his own father on, not understanding how important it was to take a moment and focus only on your breathing. How he wished he could tell his father sorry.

"Nervous is a good emotion," he said with a calm voice. "You care about what will soon be place upon your shoulders. You want the pride to grow stronger than it was under my reign. I began to sow the seeds of rebirth, and you and your brother will be the ones to nurture and grow them." He took a moment to pause, letting his words sink in.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:06 pm
Somehow her father always managed to hear what she couldn't say aloud and put it into words. It was a talent of his that she admired and envied. It made things easier for her though, since she was so nervous and Umoja could probably sense that.

"I do care about this pride and its members. So much. But Father, you have already done such a wonderful job. You are a great leader and I know that Ufunuo will be too. But . . ." she sighed and gazed down at her paws. "I'm afraid that I won't measure up. That I won't be good enough."

Her brother had always been a kind soul. He had been her closest friend as a cub and was always there for her. She, however, had not been as well-behaved and likable as a cub. She had been spoiled and doted on before the earthquake. Afterwards, she had become so withdrawn and reclusive. She barely knew some of the other lions in the pride and Ubele was afraid that the pride members would not want her as a leader.

[IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games