Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zuri-kai

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:24 pm
To join please see 5th post from the end of page two in this thread.

Yes, I know the opening post is long, but it's worth the read, trust me. This post establishes the plot and the current state of the world. Don't worry. This is the only post I'll make that's like this. sweatdrop
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blue skies heralded a day that was to pass without much trouble. It was a day that would bring families out into the streets of Corzel for a festival that came but once every decade for a King that had barely been on his throne for a year.

The wait for dawn was as much torture as anyone could imagine and as the sun pierced the horizon it was no surprise that the majority of Corzel was already awake and hurrying to finish what little business still remained before the kingdom's troubadours would begin the first of several rounds about the kingdom's circular streets.

Meat pies baked in neat shells within dozens of ovens about the city, flowers filled whatever held space, and banners dyed with colors that even put shame to the prettiest of rainbows flew high above the cobblestone and dirt streets.

And high above this happy place a pair of crimson eyes scanned the land as a hawk watches it prey.

The time to strike was now.

It began with little more than a rumble that crept through the earth like a serpent, slithering through the streets and up the high walls of Corzel Castle's outer walls.

The magician Haitel stirred within his quarters, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. He had felt it. It was faint, but he had most definitely felt it. He threw the covers from his body and raced to the nearby window, throwing it open with a roar of frustration as his eyes scanned the horizon.

They worked in ways a normal man's could not and his lips worked quickly, repeating the faintest of magic spells to find this power. He felt it coiled, tightly honed, a spell that, to most magic wielders, had been lost.

Soon, his eyes settled on his target. A figure stood upon the edge of a great precipice, their crimson robes lashing about them in the wintry winds. A black beak commanded strings of magic that descended about their home like spider's silk. He recognized this spell and as his eyes read her beak he could tell she was already quite a way's into it. He could feel his body quaking, his skin growing clammy.

"Who the hell is this woman?!" he whispered hoarsely. His mind was swimming. There was no time to waste.

The man raced from his quarters in his bedclothes, jumping the majority of stairs that wound their way up his personal tower, and found himself speeding through the main corridor of the west wing, picking up half a dozen guards that seemed to have trouble keeping up with him much less stopping him to question his suspicious behavior.

He searched the kingdom from the center of it's sprawling city to the very outskirts as he raced to the main hall, his magic searching through the minds, bodies, and spirits of the many residents until it found the ones he'd searched for.

A talented number of children, a number he did not have the time to count in the little time that remained, that held the faintest signs of unquestionable talents in the the art of battle or the arcane. He let their spirits leach the magic from his body as he hurried through the main gates and into the city itself.

The power that stretched from the mountains flickered, then roared to life. She'd felt it and decided she would no longer waste time in making delicate preparations.

That was when the nightmare began.

A dank smell rose from a well in the center of Corzel and filled the alleys and streets around it, startling the many townsfolk that milled around it. They circled it, holding their noses as they tried to investigate.
"What is that wretched odor?" one asked.

"Where did it come from? Did someone dump their garbage down the well? The bucket's not up here..." asked another.

The nearby tavern owner waded through the town, grumbling as he shoved a produce merchant aside, grabbed the crank for the well's bucket, and began to turn it.

The smell grew worse and the citizens around it backed away. Haitel froze on his way by, watching the crowd with horror. The smell reached his nostrils and he took off again, grabbing a push-cart while it's owner was distracted.

The tavern owner leaned towards the well to peer into its depths as he turned the crank. He could hear something below, echoing against the stone walls. It was bubbling.

He started to suggest that a hot spring may have opened, that he heard the sound of boiling water, when a rush of black tar spilled over the edge of the well wall and onto the ground around it.

The people nearly fell over one another as they scrambled to get back. The dark pitch caught a pair before they could move far enough, clinging to their legs like the hands of the devil itself and pulling them in.

Then, it rushed out for more.

Screams filled the alleyways, echoing across the sky, and though Haitel could barely breathe he still continued to run.

The rush would start soon and he would be trampled beneath it, so he worked with all the speed and efficiency that he could muster.

He knocked open the door of a small home, weaving a swift spell that lulled the family inside to sleep. Then, he stole through their home, found the child he searched for, and carried them out to lay within the hay-filled cart.

He then made his way to the next and the next as panic and death filled the streets of Corzel. He'd gathered perhaps half a dozen or so children before he reached the city limits and dragged the cart to a nearby farmhouse that had been abandoned for the day for the festivities.

Two by two, he carried the children inside and set them on the floor, fishing a bit of chalk from his pockets and drawing a shaky rune about them as quickly as he could. Then, he settled in the center, hugged their small bodies against him, and began chanting anew.

The city roared in the distance and the dreaded black pitch spread further and further from its center, growing stronger the more it devoured and the farther it traveled. The energy it exuded made him dizzy, but he could not let that deter him.

A voice whispered to him, like a lullaby from the god of death, and he could feel his entire body tremble. As the tendril's from their mountain observer tried to close in on him, to consume him...he and the children vanished.

Panic swept over all of Corzel and their King could do nothing but cower on his throne until he, too, succumbed to the darkness as the witch's dark brew crept through the throne room windows and devoured all inside.

Clinging to the earth, it spread across the land and filled the Aspelai Valley as if it poured from the underworld itself. The valley became a basin, filling nearly to the brim with an evil so thick that even those across the high seas could feel its weight spilling out into the world, bubbling and churning beneath the clear, blue sky.

-----------------------------------------------

Years passed and the darkness grew and ventured out and over the next thirteen years it would go on to swallow four more kingdoms on the Viraldi continent, two seas, and a lake before edging onto the Laekshi continent’s western shores.

Only one other remained untouched and on the Bern continent, far within the depths of the Great Southern Forest of the Kingdom of Antev, smoke trailed from the chimney of a cozy little two-story cottage.

Inside, Haitel stood before a fire, his old hands stirring a great pot of stew that filled the house with the scent of meat, vegetables, and a small amount of spices he’d managed to gather over the years.

He let out a small sigh, his eyes wandering to an old clock hanging from the wall.

“All of them are late,” muttered Haitel. “They’ll hear it from me when they get in, I can promise that…”  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:18 pm
Rose hurried up to the cottage knowing that she had spent to much time in the forest documenting a new mushroom that she found while climbing a tree.

It was a deep green with white spots. She was surprised when she found it, she was not expecting to find a mushroom so high up in a tree. Once she found she knew she had to document it, It was new and interesting. She picked it hoping that Haitel knew what it was.

Rose opened the to door quietly hoping that Haitel was not there. She looked in and sighed, "I'm so sorry I'm late." she said quietly "But i found a cool looking mushroom." she held it out to Haitel.  

AuroraSilverRose

Friendly Browser

6,700 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Hygienic 200

Zuri-kai

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:45 pm
When Rose entered the cottage Haitel turned away from his pot to examine what she had found. "Ah" he said, as he gingerly took the mushroom pushed his spectacles closer to his eyes to examine it. "You've found a vita mushroom. These are rather hard to find, and can make for some powerful healing tonics if brewed correctly." Haitel placed the mushroom back in Rose's hands and went back to stirring the stew.

"You arrived just in time." He said. "I was beginning to have a hard time keeping the stew warm without making it too thick. Would you be a dear and get out the dinnerware? I'm hoping the others will be here shortly."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kai stood on the edge of a clear lake, concentrating. Mind clear, and eyes closed she raised her hand like she was preparing to conduct a symphony. As she did so a stream of water followed her motion and rose out of the pond in front of her. Kai stood for a while, holding the water in place, then suddenly began to move her arms about, and sway her body slightly as she shifted her weight from foot to foot. Like a well trained orchestra the water followed Kai's movements. It was a thing of beauty, until she shifted her weight too far to the left and caused herself to trip. The water fell to the ground around her with a splash, that soaked her legs from the knees down.
Kai, grumbled in frustration, but soon realized the time of day and quickly hurried home.

She arrived at the cottage to find Haitel by the fire, cooking, and Rose over by him holding a green mushroom. "So sorry I'm late. I was practicing my magic again." She said hurriedly, while moving into the room and towards the fire so her legs would dry faster. "That's good, you still have much to learn," Haitel said to her, "because one thing a wizard must have is attentiveness to the world around them. And you, young lady, are late for dinner."

Kai's ears dipped at this minor reprimand, but Haitel's face softened quickly. "You'll have plenty of time to work on your magic. For now, go help Rose set the dinnerware on the table." Kai nodded, and with a short, "Okay." went to one of the cupboards and pulled out a wooden set of plates and bowls. She handed half to Rose, and then got to work on setting the table.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:06 am
Rose smiled when Haitel gave her the mushroom back."Well im happy i didn't step on it then." she said happily. She put it in her pocket before going to help Kai set the table. Her tail started to slowly wag once she realized the Kai getting home made Haitel forget to reprimand her.

She took the bowls and plates that Kai handed her and started put them on the table. Once she was done she took the mushroom out of her pocket and when to the book she placed on a table by the table and stated to write in it what Haitel said about it. "Are they better fresh or dried?" she asked Haitel, making sure to get everything down about it.  

AuroraSilverRose

Friendly Browser

6,700 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Hygienic 200

LilMarceline

Interesting Informer

5,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Informer 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:16 am
~Ima have my character not know anyone yet. She's a loner right now. That alright?~

Elvira walked down a dimly lit path, not sure if she was going through a forest or just a small grove of trees. She had flown all the way from her mansion to wherever she was now and her wings were very tired, so she now walked. It had been hours since she ate last and she was getting hungry.

"Hmm..." she pondered to herself, waving her fan in front of her face to cool off a bit. "I need a rest place...or an inn." she said as she kept walking. Pretty soon she came upon a small cottage.

"Oh...what is this?"

~If you don't like it I can change it.~  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:14 pm
((Looks good to me, Yukia. I can play off that pretty easily. :3))

Haitel thought for a minute then answered Rose by saying, "It's better in a powder, actually. When I learned to prepare them my teacher told me to roast it over a fire until the green in it was almost black, then grind it up."

Kai finished setting her half of the dinnerware when something white outside caught her attention. She went to the window for a better look. It appeared to be a young woman in fine clothes. "Haitel, there's someone outside." She called.

Haitel tensed and put down the wooden ladle he'd been stirring with. He joined Kai at the window and when he saw the white bat woman he relaxed a bit, and went to the door. "Stay inside." He told the two girls as he opened the door and stepped out.

"Hello there. Are you lost?" He asked, donning his usual, grandfatherly demeanor.

((I'm gonna hold here until Rockriver has gotten a chance to post.))  

Zuri-kai

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

LilMarceline

Interesting Informer

5,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Informer 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:28 pm
~Ok thanks ^w^....and I'll wait after this post to. The others do need a chance to post and catch up.~

Elvira looked up when a man came outside and blinked. "Oh...this is your home." she said and fanned herself a bit, her wings tucked behind her. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to disturb you....but yes, I am quite lost and tired."

She stepped forward a bit into the light, her eyes glowing a soft crimson and her white fur seeming to glow.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:34 pm
Rose quickly wrote in her book then closed it. "I think I'm going to be needing a new book soon." she said kind of talking to herself as Haitel shut the door.

She went over to the window and looked out after Haitel told them to stay inside. "Is is beautiful, isn't she." she said looking at Kai.

Rose wandered over to the stew and started to stir it, waiting for something to happen.  

AuroraSilverRose

Friendly Browser

6,700 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Hygienic 200

Zuri-kai

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:20 pm
"Yeah she is." Kai said, squinting a bit to look at the white bat woman. Her fur shined so brightly in the afternoon sun it almost hurt her eyes to look.

Haitel went back to the door and opened it, motioning for Elvira to follow. In a kindly old man voice he said, "Well we were just about to have dinner. Come inside and you can tell use more about yourself."
Entering the house, he walked over to the pot on the fire and took the large wooden spoon from Rose. "Thank you, Rose. Would you please get one more set of dishes out for our guest?" Then he looked to Kai, "Kai, please bring another chair from the den."

Nodding, Kai walked quickly to the den, and brought a simple wooden chair, placing it at the open side of the table. Now that the sun wasn't directly on Elvira, Kai no longer had to squint to look at her.

Once the extra dishes had been set, Haitel layed a thick cloth on the table, then brought the soup pot over and placed it in the center. Gesturing to everyone, signalling for mealtime to commence.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:08 am
Rose nodded and quickly went and got out another set of dishes and placed them on the table. She looked over at there guest a few times while setting the table. Her fur was so white, to almost looked like silk in the sun.

After she was done she quickly went and got her book before sitting down at the table. She placed it in her lap and opened it reading through it for the 100th time that week.  

AuroraSilverRose

Friendly Browser

6,700 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Hygienic 200

LilMarceline

Interesting Informer

5,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Informer 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:13 am
Elvira smiled warmly as she followed the old man inside, tucking her fan away....some place in her dress....since it didn't have pockets. She then pressed her wings tight against her back so they wouldn't knock anything over, which tended to happen whenever she went inside places.

"I thank you kindly for letting me stay the night." she said as she ducked a little bit when she went through the door since she was rather tall and her ears almost scraped the top of the doorframe. She then sat down in the chair that was fetched for her.

"Hmm, well there's not much to tell." she said, her eyes glowing in the dim light so she could see better. "I had to escape my home in order to evade the darkness that swept over it." she thought for a moment about her mother who unfortunatley was left behind. "Before that I was a tutor for the neighboring children." she smiled a little.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:50 pm
Kai listened quietly to what Elvira said. When she mentioned the darkness her ears pricked. "The darkness? Then you must be from Viraldi or Furnce."
"Indeed. You've come quite a ways." Haitel said, sounding surprised and a little impressed. He took a few more bites of his food then leaned forward, and to Elvira said, "Tell me, what do you know about this curse? It's origins or what it does to the lands it affects."

Kai looked to Haitel. It seemed he was prying but the look in his eyes made her smile. It seemed Haitel was testing this girl's knowledge to determine who she worked for, and if she had potential.  

Zuri-kai

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

AuroraSilverRose

Friendly Browser

6,700 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:40 am
Rose listened to them as they talked, not sure what to say so she stayed quite and ate her food.

She pulled out the mushroom from her pocket and placed it on the table and started to draw it in her book. As she was drawing she pushed her food away and placed her book in its spot. She always got absorbed by her book when she was drawing, for the most part Haitel never let her have it at the table.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:50 pm
Elvira nodded at his remark. "Yes, I'm from Viraldi." she said and thought about his last question. She frowned a little. "Well....I was at home when it swept over the place. My mother and I were in the study when all of a sudden the outside when dark...as though it was storming....we looked out the window, a horrible smell flowing around the room. We seen villagers below scattering to get out of their homes. They were in a panic. My mother seemed to know what was wrong, she told me to get a few things then get out. I ran down to the kitchen and packed a small satchel full of food. I was just on my way back to the study after when our house started to shake....my mother ran out and yelled at me to go. I told her I wasn't leaving without her....but she refused to leave."

Elvira took a small breath and sighed a bit, then continued. "I yelled at her to hurry and come with me...but she said she had a more important matter to attend to.....Then the walls began to crumble....our home was falling apart. I barely made it out." she looked down under her sleeve at a long fresh scar running from her elbow to her wrist that seemed to be trying to heal. "As soon as I reached the outside, I seen people scattering....some sort of....ooze....black ooze....filled the streets....it was pulling people in.....soon it reached the end of our street, the black substance trailed up to my home. It reached my feet, but I flew away from it, hovering several feet above ground. I then heard a horrible crash...and turned to see the mansion falling apart even further. I couldn't stay...I knew that, so I flew off, looking over my shoulder. The last thing I seen before going into the clouds was my mothers face from the study window. She waved to me and blew a kiss as the mansion crumbled around her....then finally fell......" she quickly wiped a tear from her face and said nothing more.

LilMarceline

Interesting Informer

5,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Informer 100

Zuri-kai

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:29 pm
"That's horrible." Kai murmured.
"Indeed." said Haitel. "This curse has caused so much pain. Not just to the land, but to the people who inhabit it too." Haitel looked between Rose and Kai, before turning back to Elvira and saying. "It sounds as though you have no where to go. You are welcome to stay here with us for as long as you wish. We too were affected by the curse many years ago. I rescued Kai from the city of Corzel the day the evil spell that started the curse was cast, and Rose was brought to me not long after." Haitel paused to take a few bites of his soup. "He's been teaching us many skills." Kai interjected. "Someday we're going to hunt down the witch who did this and put a stop to it."

Haitel looked up at what Kai had said. "Well.....that is the hope." he admitted. "But you two are far from ready and you can't do it on your own. The one who cast this is a powerful magician. Not only that but we don't even know who he or she is or where they are located."  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff