Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Maestros Del Mar Lands [IC]
[JRP] Got anything else to say? ( Abeni x Suravel Ndima )

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vella Raptor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:04 pm
User Image
(( At least, I think it's a JRP for Abeni. Apologies if I misinterpreted something... ))

The lioness flicked her tail, happily enjoying the warm day. Her last...interactions...had gone well, and she was more than happy to spend today celebrating by doing nothing.

By nothing, of course, meaning to make rounds among the pride and greet everyone, learn new faces, catch up on gossip...and general listening. Since she didn't talk, most were more than happy to blab about anything and everything, which made more than enough entertainment for her.

Trotting along, a new shape caught her eye. A hyena? Had they met before?
Curiosity getting the better of her, Abeni crept up to the canine, watching her momentarily before deciding that she was interesting enough to spend part of her day on. She took a more obvious perch and say upright, watching to see if the other female even took notice.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:48 am
Suravel Ndima was so engrossed in her work that it took her several minutes to notice the brown and tan lioness watching her. What she had been focused on was the small pile of red berries she had left to ferment in the sun. The pile was noticeably smaller then it was when she had left it in the little rock depression.

She hadn't seen anyone staggering around intoxicated lately, and, at any rate, the berries probably weren't strong enough to get a lion drunk. There was only one explanation - they had been stolen, either by birds or by monkeys.

So when she noticed the brown lioness, the first thing she did was to bark at her, "Hey, have you seen any drunken monkeys?"

Mtorolite

Vella Raptor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:39 pm
Obviously, the hyena was in some sort of distress as she seemed to be looking for something. Abeni curled her lip up into an unappreciative sneer at the sudden bark and shook her head. If she had seen a drunk monkey, she'd probably be watching it instead of this....what was she even doing looking for drunk monkies anyway?

She crept closer shooting the other female an inquisitive look. If the lioness hadn't been addressed outright she probably wouldn't have bothered offering to help, but she was curious and had nothing better to do. Besides, drunk monkies. Maybe there would be a thank you involved? Yet another incentive.

Abeni pawed at the ground and gestured towards the surroundings.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:23 am
Suravel wasn't sure what was up with the lioness, pawing the ground instead of just answering the question, but she decided to explain her predicament anyway.

"These berries are supposed to be fermenting in the sun. And someone's stolen them. But they aren't done yet, so I'll they'll do is maybe make a lion sick, or be strong enough to get a monkey or a bird drunk. So I want to know who's been taking them so if it's a thieving monkey I can eat it, and if it's someone in the pride I can explain that they'll be better off just asking me for a fruit that has aged properly and tastes better then going around sampling stuff while it's still in process of fermenting. So that's why I'm looking for drunken monkeys. Or birds."

She nursed a grudge against monkeys and birds, culprits that had stolen her fruit before. Stupid thieves.

Mtorolite

Vella Raptor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:04 pm
Abeni nodded and grinned -- it certainly sounded like a good challenge...and entertainment for the day! Win - win.

She stood and looked around...now if she had stolen berries where would she be off to?
The lioness padded up towards where there fruit used to be and gave the area a once-over, then looked up towards the tree line and the surrounding ground.
Everything looked normal, so she slowly expanded her surrounding area, gesturing her head in a 'follow me' manner towards the hyena.

If it had been a lion, they'd probably be yowling in the pride by now. If it were a monkey or bird...they'd be flopping around or making a mess, as either tend to do. The way Abeni saw it, if they searched the area slowly going outwards in a pattern, eventually she'd find some sort of broken branch or a mess of leaves or a horrendous squawking.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:46 pm
Suravel had no idea how to track animals, having really done much hunting, and was content to follow Abeni in her ever-widening pattern, muttering all the while.

"Stupid birds, stupid monkeys, I spend all of this time taking care of this fruit for the pride and then I just want it to be left alone until it's done, but no, everyone's got to go nosing at my stuff when they could just ask, I've got stores of fruit down in the cave that they could have if they wanted, but the monkeys and the birds, not for them, I'm going to bite them in half next time I get my paws on one, stupid things can't even ferment their own fruit."

One day she planned to figure out a way to keep her fruit really secure, but for now, she just wanted to hunt down one culprit.

Mtorolite

[IC] Maestros Del Mar Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff