Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[CRIT] Please critique my character! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WE ARE HALLOWEEN
Captain

Blessed Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:19 pm
Looking to score some sweet constructive criticism on your quest character? Awesome, you've come to the right place! This thread is all about getting critique, also known as "crit." Here, both shop patrons AND shop staff can give you critiques. Please note that getting crit from this thread is NOT the same as enrollment, and that posting here will NOT increase your chances of being visited by the quest fairy. You do not have to post here at all if you don't want to!

Once a GM has looked at your quest and stamped it, you will be struck out from the list. Or some GM will edit your post saying that a GM looked at it.

Now for the rules. HOORAY FOR RULES!

1) By posting your quest in this thread, you are letting EVERYONE who looks at this thread know that you are looking for critique on your character. If you're not interested in having random strangers look at your character, please don't post here!

2) Please post only ONE quest at a time. If you a questing for Bob, Joe, and Sam, you can only post ONE of those three. If you're looking for critique on those characters, you will need to wait until a GM has stamped the quest you posted first AND edited your post. Then you may post one of your other quests.

Please keep in mind that if you edit your quest after it has been stamped, it WILL need to be looked at again!

3) If your quest is half-filled out, DON'T POST HERE PLEASE! We're looking to critique FINISHED and filled out quests. If you ignore this, there is a high possibility of being trolled.

4) ???

5) Profit. Please use the following form when posting a quest in this thread:

[color=darkorange][b]Crit Please![/b][/color]
[b]Character's Race:[/b] Subspecie - Demon/Ghost/Hunter/Monster/Reaper/Undead
[b]Looking For:[/b] Crit on everything? Specie help? FEAR help? This is where you write what you'd like other people to keep in mind when critting.
[b]Quest Link:[/b] Link to your quest.

Your post should look like this!
Quote:

Crit Please!
Character's Race: Lost Fathoms Leviathan - Undead
Looking For: This is Maru's quest. It's already accepted,
Quest Link: Here

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:22 pm
Maru's Tips and Suggestions for Critique and Questing!

These are just things off the top of my head, in no particular order. : D Give it a skim!

• Always, always remember that "crit" is short for "critique," not criticism! If you are receiving critique, please do not take it as a personal attack against your character if someone disagrees with your or offers suggestions. If you are giving critique, don't just point out the parts of a character that doesn't work! If you see an aspect about the character you really like, tell them! : D

• Shop Cannon > Any Other Cannon. How things are set up and work in the shop take precidence over how a certain specie acts/behaves in any other media from a movie to a video game. For instance, in shop cannon not all ghosts can fly: at most, they can only hover a couple inches off the ground. When in doubt, check out our guides here and if you have a question, ask it here!

• Hey questers! Please DON'T write novels if you can avoid it! People have short attention spans, shop staff included. Not to mention that the RP bug is a finicky creature that comes and goes: I've personally lost the urge to RP after chewing through a long profile in search of creating a fun scenario to RP. Trust me, it sucks. :<
  • Please, please, PLEASE stick to the shop's quest form and don't add things such as "quirks," "habits," "hobbies," etcetc to it. If you really want to list them, put them in another post.

• When it comes to FEARs, think of them like an Over Drive or Limit Break ability from the Final Fantasy series. While these can be just about anything, please have them relate to your character somehow.

• The more critique or pages a quest has ultimately has no effect on whether or not your quest gets picked up by a Quest Fairy. C: Just thought you should know!

• Want to help out someone, but you're not sure whether the critique you can give is good or not? Here's my secret to giving critique: ask questions. Engage the quester! Quests aren't just quests -- they're potential characters YOUR character can run into down the line.

To use one of zoo's characters as an example, her character wants to take over the world and keeps a notebook filled with information about potential minions. What characteristics is she looking for in a minion? What if they disagree with her plan to take over the world? What will the characer do after taking over the world? Why do they want to take over the world in the first place?

The above is a good example of a "question bomb." While I personally like questions, even I think that that many questions is far too much. It's not necessary to know EVERY little thing about a character, and heck even sometimes the things you may want to know about have no business in the official form part! Additional information is good, but not always necessary.

This shouldn't stop you from asking about something if you're really, really curious about a particular topic though!

• If the personality looks fine to you, look at the specie. Does it fit shop cannon? What about the natural ability -- does it seem over powered? Under powered? Just right? What about the Fear? Or even the personal appearance of the creature -- would this specific creature be seen walking around Halloween?

• Always, always remember that there's another person on the other side of the screen. If you think your critique comes off as harsh, then it is wise to reread it and consider rewording it. It is impossible to tell whether or not the person you're critiquing is doing this for the first time, or has done this many times. Forum RP characters are VASTLY different from a character in a short story, novel, movie or video game.

• Giving critique can take anywhere from a couple minutes to a couple hours. If you get critique, be sure to take a look at it! Critique is free advice: you don't necessarily have to take it or read it if you don't want to, but critique is given to help and not hurt! <3

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. If you've got some tips you'd like to suggest, please share them! They may or may not show up here too! : D  

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100

OP-Yuna

Dulcet Scarface

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:55 pm
Crit Please!
Character's Race: Patchwork - Undead
Looking For: General crit - mostly any contradictions I might not have caught, since I am bad about not seeing them. Also, I kinda wanna know if the FEAR ability I came up with is acceptable, and if not maybe get some suggestions.
Quest Link: Nhyt  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:24 pm
Crit Please!
Character's Race: Popobawa Demon
Looking For: General crit, looking for if things don't add up or seem to contradict and just general things like that
Quest Link: [link]  

Naked Satan

nessy

Cuddly Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:15 am
Crit Please!
Character's Race: Hunter
Looking For: General crit, things you think I'm missing, anything you have to say be it positive or constructively negative!
Quest Link: Link!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:05 pm
Crit Please!
Character's Race: Sorceror - Reaper
Looking For: questions, comments, concerns
Quest Link: Pickles  

Toshihiko Two
Crew

Sugary Marshmallow

Lemon Mower

Fashionable Gekko

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:32 pm
Crit Please!
Character's Race: Witch - Reaper
Looking For: Crit on everything please <3
Quest Link: link  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:43 pm
Crit Please!
Character's Race:Demon - Yuki-onna
Looking For: General crit, possibly a different FEAR. If it seems like I've missed/left out things other may have suggested already, please so so too. *tends to be spacy*
Quest Link: Link  

Katarina Everard

Mythical Gem

19,900 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:43 pm
Crit Please!
Character's Race: Valkyrie - Reaper
Looking For: Would like crit mostly on fear but taking all crits
Quest Link: link  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:07 pm
Crit Please!
Character's Race: Demon
Looking For: Everything and anything.
Quest Link: Akubi  

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

MoonKitsune
Crew

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:59 pm
Crit Please!
Character's Race: Imp - Demon
Looking For: Everything from things that don't make sense, don't work, or just seem strange. Throw questions at me too just out of random curiosity if you want!
Quest Link: T.G. Quest  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:16 am
Crit Please!
Character's Race: Reaper
Looking For: Subspecies help, any other comments/suggestions, or staff stamp whatevs! I THINK I'm mostly done with it but one never knows.
Quest Link: Enzo Valentino  

Bilious

Sparkly Wolf

11,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50

Adona Benedicta

6,900 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:18 pm
Crit Please!
Character's Race: Grim - Reaper
Looking For: Oh jack FEAR HELP PLEASE. D: Also critique on errrvythang, and any inconsistencies that I might have overlooked, and, uh... Screw it, guys, rip the thing apart LOL.
Quest Link: Cain Messores  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:39 pm
Crit Please!
Character's Race: Demon - Tattoo Demon
Looking For: General Crit, Natural Ability, Species.
Quest Link: Artemis Flinch  

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:28 pm
Crit Please!
Character's Race: Banshee - Ghost
Looking For: General Crit.
Quest Link: Siobhan  
{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]