My patron country sucks

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zion International

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:56 am
I'm descended from a peasant family from the southern Carpathians. If you bother to look at a map of Europe the southern Carpathians are in present day Romania.

Romania is known for 3 things.

Bloodthirsty nobility including Vlad the Impaler.

An epic failure in the Orphanage systems leading to a hefty sum of child slavery.

Finally and definitely worse than Vlad, the shitty Romak PSL rifle.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:09 pm
I don't care what you say, I still find the PSL sexier than its more noble brother. Also, it was never intended to be a sniper rifle, only a DMR. It did well at that role.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Zion International

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:50 pm
Fresnel
I don't care what you say, I still find the PSL sexier than its more noble brother. Also, it was never intended to be a sniper rifle, only a DMR. It did well at that role.
Id appreciate the rifle more if it had an operating system that could handle the higher pressure flavors of 54R and had some halfway decent construction.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:21 pm
actually theres a 4th one.

dracula  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:32 pm
Kill Em All Incorporated
Fresnel
Id appreciate the rifle more if it had an operating system that could handle the higher pressure flavors of 54R and had some halfway decent construction.
Well, it was a military rifle, it was made for military loads. The cheap stuff, from what I've heard, is light ball anyway. Hell, when the M16 came out, it couldn't even shoot its own issue ammunition. I think it had a 1:12 or 1:14 twist then, and now it has either 1:7 or 1:9, I don't remember. Also, what mean by "halfway decent construction"? It's an accurized AKM in x54r.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:33 pm
Recon_Ninja_985

dracula
AKA Vlad the Impaler?  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Zion International

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:01 pm
Fresnel
Kill Em All Incorporated
Fresnel
Well, it was a military rifle, it was made for military loads. The cheap stuff, from what I've heard, is light ball anyway. Hell, when the M16 came out, it couldn't even shoot its own issue ammunition. I think it had a 1:12 or 1:14 twist then, and now it has either 1:7 or 1:9, I don't remember. Also, what mean by "halfway decent construction"? It's an accurized AKM in x54r.
It's crudely built. Usually the furnishings are unfinished treated plywood and something to do with the way its machined is very crude. Zastava makes a similar version of the PSL called the m91 that's of better quality in both furnishing and steel quality.

I believe the Chinese are noted to make better PSL style rifles than the Romanians.

As far as accuracy is concerned some people I read reviews from claim that the groupings are terrible with their PSLs even when firing from 25 yards.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:04 pm
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985

dracula
AKA Vlad the Impaler?
I believe he's talking about Vlad III's son.  

Zion International

Dapper Lunatic

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:21 pm
Kill Em All Incorporated
Fresnel
Kill Em All Incorporated
Fresnel
It's crudely built. Usually the furnishings are unfinished treated plywood and something to do with the way its machined is very crude. Zastava makes a similar version of the PSL called the m91 that's of better quality in both furnishing and steel quality.

I believe the Chinese are noted to make better PSL style rifles than the Romanians.

As far as accuracy is concerned some people I read reviews from claim that the groupings are terrible with their PSLs even when firing from 25 yards.
Plywood I'd believe, but unfinished? That's sub-wartime bullshit, nobody would make a gun like that. Maybe it's just an oil finish and not a varnish, but every military has done that in the past.

I've heard that Red Star makes some of the best triggers for the PSL, and given that the scope on my dad's Type 56 Carbine is branded "Red Star", I think that would make them just a little bit Chinese.

Yuh-huh, and read some stories about people who bought WASRs with bent gas tubes and wobbly magazines, their guns are s**t too. All combloc guns are like that. Mosins, AKs, PSLs... they were used hard in their service days, and if you don't know what faults to look for, you can easily get screwed hard. I've heard stories about people hand-loading x54r and getting 1/2 MOA out to 600 yards, and slightly more than 1MOA with milsurp that the gun likes.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:52 pm
Fresnel
Kill Em All Incorporated
Fresnel
Kill Em All Incorporated
Fresnel

Plywood I'd believe, but unfinished? That's sub-wartime bullshit, nobody would make a gun like that. Maybe it's just an oil finish and not a varnish, but every military has done that in the past.

I've heard that Red Star makes some of the best triggers for the PSL, and given that the scope on my dad's Type 56 Carbine is branded "Red Star", I think that would make them just a little bit Chinese.

Yuh-huh, and read some stories about people who bought WASRs with bent gas tubes and wobbly magazines, their guns are s**t too. All combloc guns are like that. Mosins, AKs, PSLs... they were used hard in their service days, and if you don't know what faults to look for, you can easily get screwed hard. I've heard stories about people hand-loading x54r and getting 1/2 MOA out to 600 yards, and slightly more than 1MOA with milsurp that the gun likes.
no no no.

combloc guns are supposed to be better quality, and you can see that in builds where the company actually cares about the customer.

in the case of century arms however with the WASRs and others... they hired a factory full of monkeys to put together rifles and the end result is bent gastubes, front sights, and evidence of overzealous overuse of the dremel tool.
we got a WASR and by some miracle isnt ********, but the magwell is still loose.  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:30 pm
Kill Em All Incorporated
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985

dracula
AKA Vlad the Impaler?
I believe he's talking about Vlad III's son.
yip. that's the one stoker was referring to in his book  
Chatterbox/Humor

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff