Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:07 am
User Image

Laertes was standing silently in the place where the Guards usually sparred. It was quite early and it was still dark outside when he had left Daizee and his precious cubs. The birth of his children had created in the large purple lion the urge to become stronger, to guard the borders of their pride more fiercely than ever. Not only for his friends that lived in the Suka’Fumo but also because he now was a father and apparently that made everything different.

Failing to find anyone who could spar with him, the blue-eyed Guard turned to one of the trees and slashed at it without mercy. His name might be thrown around more often than he liked in a pride filled with pompous gossipers but such things didn’t bother Laertes anymore. It was a little amusing even though he still worried about how this situation would affect his cubs’ futures.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:48 pm

The earth felt nice under Fila's lightly colored paws, the morning mist has cooled it and made it supple, great for walking, not so much great for running. She would have to be careful not to slip and fall this morning from some dirt turned mud less she wished to obtain an injury. It wasn't something she wanted right now, or needed. Especially since she did not have a current place to call home, a place to go back every day and call it her den. Hence why she was wandering across the plains daily, hoping to find a place worthy.

As it was the sun had indeed not come up yet so her wanderings were limited currently. Fila had to admit though, not having the sun beating down on her fur was a nice small change to the regular norm. Despite having a lightly colored coat she still got warm a bit too quickly for her liking. Quite suddenly she caught an interesting sound within the soft wind flowing around her. It didn't sound quite dangerous but it did put her on alert. Fila stopped walking to lift her head and sniff the air. Lion, male, musky scent of a bit of sweat. The combination piqued her interest and she found her legs carrying her towards the sounds and smells. She couldn't help but be a bit curious of what was going on. Maybe he was a part of a pride. That'd be a nice change from her recent encounters with rouges who had no place to call home.

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:35 pm
It the guard a very long time to realize he had company. When he was finally satisfied with his abuse of the poor tree, Laertes slowly leaned back to sit, panting a little. And that was when a gentle breeze brought him an unfamiliar scent. Mmm, he didn’t realize he’d walked so close to the borders this time.

“Who’s there?” it was his shift but the familiar role came to him easily. In a pride of actors, surely he could play the part of the “guard on duty” even when it hadn’t been asked of him. But Laertes was still easy going despite the recent events and his voice, though firm, didn’t sound aggressive at all. “Show yourself.”

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:22 pm
The lioness' ears perked at the coming comments from nearby, Fila's eyes gaining a slghtly curious expression as she listened to the very testosterone filled voice order her to show herself. While she didn't necessarily like being told what to do, she really had no say in the matter since it appeared she was in someone else's lands. There was no need to gain an enemy in so short of time, especially since so far he hadn't come out and attacked her So, she did as the voice bid and stepped out into better lighting. Her eyes locking onto a very deep purple lion who seemed to have been training, if the torn up bark behind him was any indication.

"Just a wanderer," she answered and dipped her head in greeting, "my name is Fila; it's a pleasure to meet your aquaintence."

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:14 pm
Laertes’ tone changed considerably when he realized the approaching stranger was a lioness. Her colors were befitting of a Suka’Fumo noble but he couldn’t smell any pridal scents from where he stood so he had to assume she wasn’t part of the pride. Her introduction further confirmed his initial assumption and the guard shook his head to settle his mane before taking a couple of steps towards the pale lioness.

“It’s my pleasure, lady Fila. I’m Laertes, guard of the Suka’Fumo pride.” He bowed his head a little and was suddenly surprised by her dark eyes – just like his mate’s. How very odd. “Are you passing through or have you come to us with a purpose? You’d be very welcomed to stay if you so wished.”

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:23 am
Fila took a moment to think about what she could tell the lion, Laertes as he called himself, what her purpose was. A part of her knew what she wanted to say and yet another part of her didn't. He didn't seem like a terrible male. In fact he seemed very regal and polite. It was something she rather enjoyed and took to heart. Most males she had met in the past were arrogant and young. They had no idea how to act. This was a nice change of pace and if he was a representation of the Suka'Fumo pride she wouldn't have any issues making her desire known.

"Thank you Laertes. My purpose is rather a simple one. I look for a place to call home. A place I can be proud to serve. I've been wandering for quite some time and haven't yet found that. Tell me, what is your pride like?"

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:47 am
Laertes smiled a little. One of the great things about his job was that he got to talk about the pride with many strangers – and he loved his pride so much.

“Ah, I think you might’ve found it then. I was once a passing rogue myself and I can’t think of a better place to live.” His blue eyes turned to look at the shape of the mountain where the upper class lived – Elsinore – before he spoke again. “The Suka’Fumo is a peaceful pride where entertainment is valued. We have actors and artisans and costumers just for that purpose alone. We have regular tasks as well, of course but this is one of the liveliest places I’ve seen.”

He eyed her ears and paws carefully as well as the pale lilac mask on her face.

“It’s not perfect… but someone with the color purple like you have would be automatically given a high rank.” It was his job to give the good and the odd information right from the start so that he wouldn’t be shocked later. He always wondered how strangers would react to the Suka’Fumo unusual dynamics.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:41 pm
The female nodded while listening silently to Laertes. Her thoughts about the pride seemed to coincide with her asumptions about the lion. There was order, a set way of doing things. Their location was not in a bad place. The only thing she was curious about was why the color purple seemed to matter so much. It wasn't like it was a bad thing, especially since she had purple in her own fur, but it was a curious thing to have as a huge part of a pride.

"Please tell me, this is just for curiosities sake mind you, why the color purple?", Fila asked after a moment of contemplation. This pride very much intrigued her and she was actually tempted to take him up on the offer of staying. She wasn't sure what it was but she felt like she was in the right place at the right time. It was something she hadn't felt in a long while. It was nice.

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:45 pm
Laertes chuckled discreetly under his breath before he answered her question.

“Purple… well, it’s one of the pride’s beliefs. They think it’s the color of nobility and so the lions who have it on their coats have very little duties or responsibilities. It’s the job of the middle class to serve the upper class that lives in the mountain we call Elsinore.” This was a very watered down version of the Suka’Fumo reality. It would be very difficult to explan exactly the kind of prejudice the old customs caused and the lady would have to see it for herself in order to truly grasp the meaning of “being purple” in this pride. “For those with purple who wish to become something other than a Noble there are only two other ranks they can take on: Nurse or Guard - like myself. And I suppose one could also leave the upper class altogether and go live in the forest where there are little to no rules but I don’t recommend it. Please do not be alarmed with anything I say. This is a place you have to see in order to truly understand it. I doubt wish to despite whatever faults the Suka’Fumo may have. I didn’t.” he had a wide grin now and the Guard looked rather amused by his own explanation.

II--Gen3sis--II

((I'm sorry I took so long to reply!))  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:08 pm
Fila had to smile wryly at the explanation Laertes gave her. It was amusing in some aspects and in another way ironic. She herself had purple in her coat which meant that should she decide to stay she would technically be allowed to have a higher rank than others. Now, particulars she didn't really care for right now. Granted, Fila did have the desire to find life within the guard if they would take her. But as it was she would go where she was asked to go. She gave him a cool yet amused and happy smile, her mind was made up and the cards would fall where they would.

"I think I will stay here with the Suka'Fumo. It seems that for whatever reason my timing for meeting you has been the right one."Fila announced with a swish of her tail. She wasn't really one for religion, but something brought her here to this moment at just the right time.

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:19 am
“Fate perhaps?” Laertes chuckled, taking a few steps towards the heart of the pride. “Lady Fila. If you’d be so kind as to follow me, I will take you to the presence of Bwana, our King. I’m sure you’ll be given a warm welcome.” He gave a small bow of his head and started walking. Only then did he suddenly remember that perhaps he should’ve mentioned that males were held in higher regard and that females weren’t usually given quite as much respect or influence. It didn’t seem right to add it now but not all males acted in such way so it might take a while for the pale Lady to notice it… oh well, he had said the Suka’Fumo was not without its faults so he supposed this was just another one of those things she’d have to find out for herself. “This way, please. Once you are settled in, I will gladly introduce you to my mate and my cubs. They’re the most adorable thing you’ve ever seen, I assure you… though I might be somewhat biased. ” the gurad chuckled again, leading the way to the mountain.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:13 pm
Mogami

Fila chuckled lightly, pawing silently after the lion, a small smile on her face, “biased or not, cubs are always the highlight of our lives. Not that I have any myself. But I’ve been around them. They’re quite the chatterboxes and curious ones to say the least. That is, when they’re not looking for trouble.”

She remembered when she was a tiny cub herself, always looking for ways to get into trouble, making her mother yell as she tried to climb a tree. Those were certainly the days. Her and her sisters and brothers, always giving their parents a run for their money, but it was always out of love. And they all grew up, went their separate ways, and created their own lives.

”Your king,” she began, “how long has he been in power?”

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:25 pm
II--Gen3sis--II

Laertes walked slowly towards the heart of the pride, glancing sideways to the pretty lioness next to him.

“The King? Quite a while now. His first litter was born in the pride and they’re all adults now.” Laertes said thoughtfully, his mind traveling briefly to the Heir and his siblings. “He came back to these lands after his father died. I arrived some time later so I never actually met the former King.” A good thing, too. Laertes doubted he would ever had stayed in the Suka’Fumo if Bwana’s ruthless father had still been abusing the middle class like some of the older pride members had told him. If what he’d been told was true, Laertes knew that the former had been anything but a loved ruler. He’d earned his respect through fear and it was nothing short of impressive how Bwana had managed to unite everyone under his banner.

[IC] Suka'Fumo Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games