Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply @Home
Apathype/Hypedown 2011: Countdown to August 23rd Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Dill]

14,425 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:25 pm
Didn't see a topic on this.

http://gematsu.com/2011/08/new-hack-project-teased-for-august-23

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/08/16/new_dot_hack/

http://www.cc2.co.jp/newtitle/index.php
http://www.hack.channel.or.jp/

CC2 has begun advertising a new project, to be (hopefully) unveiled August 23rd. While this may not initially be .hack related, they've also stated an update on the official .hack site for the same date. A convenient coincidence? Or a new entry into the supposedly ending .hack franchise? Looks like we'll just have to "boot up" in three days.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:10 pm
Ohhhhhh!!!!! A chance to nerd out again perhaps? YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Sylabus

Dedicated Informer

14,750 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Loiterer 100
  • Conventioneer 300

[Dill]

14,425 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:12 pm
After a day of downtime, the CC2 site is up!

And...

http://www.cc2.co.jp/newtitle/index.php

All it really says is Ready to boot... I can't read the japanese, waiting back on someone who can. The main page doesn't seem to make mention of what the countdown was supposed to lead to either. The japanese dot hack site has had no change either. We'll just have to see what happens as the day goes on. It's only 10 am JST.

Lame.

EDIT: It says that it will be open sometime today.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:27 pm
Because it's for the new: .hack//The Movie

mrgreen  

Odd Cinderella

Hopeful Girl

[Dill]

14,425 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:29 pm
http://www.hack.channel.or.jp/themovie/

CC2 site is still down.

EDIT: GOD DAMN NINJA'D.

Double edit: Now we know what the extra character in LINK was about, the 2024 Kite.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:46 pm
Now all we need is localization for LINK...I also think they should fix the bugs in fragment.... ninja  

Odd Cinderella

Hopeful Girl

Artificial Shadows

Shirtless Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:51 pm
User Image

I'm kinda sad. I was hoping we'd get a 3rd main series set of games ;_;

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:26 am
I myself have issues with the storyline, but I guess we will see once the movie actually comes out, or once we get new trailers. Mainly dealing with the main three characters though (Seemingly Kite, Balmung and Orca) and the time its set up in. - If this girl is Kite as seen in the trailers, shouldn't she be much older? Also, I read some news that said this :

" In 2024, children have grown up living connected to a network. Sora Yuki, a 14 year old girl from the suburbs, has no interest in playing video games. Her friends, Kakeru Tanaka (Gonder in The World) and Tomohiko Okano (Baldur in The World) convince her to start playing the popular online game The World. Sora joins the game where events in The World start connecting to reality… "

----------- What do you all make of this? smile

Artificial: Yeah, I was as well. However its coming to Theaters in Japan, meaning that they are likely leading up to something larger;to build Hype/Fanbase you know? My utmost hope is for a Fragments reboot just as Cinderella said. razz

mt105

O.G. Elder

fk12

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:56 pm
Man, I just want this to be good.

.hack// was like Baby's First Fandom for me, and after the massive nerd-rage //Link caused for me, if this really is ~*the end*~, I just... want it to be good.

I'm not sure how to feel about the trailer. It certainly looks pretty, but a lot of movies have looked gorgeous but suffered from an awful story. 9, as much as I love you... yeaaaaaa.

I guess all I can do is see and judge it for myself!

Though I wonder why they keep using not-Kites. Guys, it's... it's okay to design new characters.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:31 pm
fk12
Man, I just want this to be good.

.hack// was like Baby's First Fandom for me, and after the massive nerd-rage //Link caused for me, if this really is ~*the end*~, I just... want it to be good.

I'm not sure how to feel about the trailer. It certainly looks pretty, but a lot of movies have looked gorgeous but suffered from an awful story. 9, as much as I love you... yeaaaaaa.

I guess all I can do is see and judge it for myself!

Though I wonder why they keep using not-Kites. Guys, it's... it's okay to design new characters.

^All of this. Plus, there's the fact that the only other movie we've seen CC2 make was Trilogy and...

Welp.

Quantum was alright. I was alright saying goodbye to the series with Quantum. I don't know if this movie will be the sendoff I want for the franchise.  

[Dill]

14,425 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50

Its Meark

Desirable Glitch

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:05 pm
fk12
As much as I like Kite and Kite's character design, I agree. I think there are too many variations of his avatar.

Regarding the movie, I think the animation looks awesome, I just hope the storyline is as good as the animation. I'll still watch it though somehow through the interwebz. x_x  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:40 pm
User Image

Its going to be forever before we even get to see it though. Assuming you're going to watch it subbed (because who knows if it will even be released here. Link wasn't) you still have to wait for it to be released in theaters, then another few months for it to come out on DVD before anyone can sub and release it. I'm still waiting for the 2nd Macross Frontier movie, and that was in theaters in Japan in Febuary. neutral

Artificial Shadows

Shirtless Fatcat

Kyoki DirzettE

6,750 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:56 am
I just saw something about this on Tumblr biggrin I'm kind of excited. Also there was something about a PS3 game too? I really hope that they these come to the US when they come out neutral I doubt that they will though.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:31 am
See, I wouldn't mind if we finish off .hack// with a US Release for LINK and a fix for Fragment. Why for Fragment? Technology got better. We have faster access on our Playstations for Online and Offline games. Everyone else has a online/offline game, Final Fantasy has 2, How can we forget Diablo and WOW(? not sure if there are offline gameplay in which you can level up your characters and then play with them again online). I mean, the technology is here. Why not take advantage of creating a game that is a game and not a game about a game? neutral  

Odd Cinderella

Hopeful Girl

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:13 pm
Odd Cinderella
See, I wouldn't mind if we finish off .hack// with a US Release for LINK and a fix for Fragment. Why for Fragment? Technology got better. We have faster access on our Playstations for Online and Offline games. Everyone else has a online/offline game, Final Fantasy has 2, How can we forget Diablo and WOW(? not sure if there are offline gameplay in which you can level up your characters and then play with them again online). I mean, the technology is here. Why not take advantage of creating a game that is a game and not a game about a game? neutral

I second that, but only if they also translate Fragment and let those that don't understand Japanese play it too.
(Pretty sure WoW doesn't allow offline play. Not positive, but pretty sure as that would be kind of wrong)  
@Home

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff