(6th) Bath House

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dark Bunny Lord
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:36 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Intro:
A large exterior bath house with large walls separating the sides. The bath house is unisex promoting togetherness within the squad yet towels are non the less given to the more shy and attendants make sure no harassment occurs, each trained with powerful restraining kido (but nothing else in terms of fighting skills) if needs arise to use them. The attendants also serve all manner of minor snacks, drink, and even massages, making the area a place mostly to unwind after a taxing mission, and if nothing else a slight return to wages garnered from duty.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:28 pm
Yasumeh lay face down upon the Masseuses table, a towel wrapped tightly around his waist and his other garments folded neatly in the corner. His hair had been moved up to hang over the front of the table as the young girl worked the kinks out of his back. A long series of scars ran up and down his back, more so than most do to his rather unconventional fighting style and thus refusal to use a blade. The style was considered mad by most as he often let blades literally roll off his skin, moving his body in such a fluid manner that a strike that would normally kill another person would simply cause superficial, if not no damage at all to his body.
He had come to ignore the paperwork piling up on his desk, more angry notes from the creditors telling him he had to be careful with how he spent the squads money despite the fact that the bills where paid on time. The comments often arose that they'd need the money to buy new equipment, either for scouting or fighting more hollow yet Yasumeh was rather notorious for doing without. Some thought it was because he spent to much on the luxury's that where retained within the sixth squads quarters but instead it was rather that he trained his men to do without. Thinking instead that the extra equipment more often hampered them down than not and that they had to learn to rely on the minimal possible unless extreme danger was present. One of his more hated sayings was that one day they'd thank him for it... that day hadn't come yet and he was thankful for it.
For now he tried to let it go, after all he knew Natsu-chan would deal with paper work, it was one of the major reasons he liked her so much after all. She was, in ways, his opposite, more dedicated to work than he and yet none the less calm and collected. He remained several more hours before heading back to his office, wondering how his lieutenant had faired with the mess he left behind.

Dark Bunny Lord
Crew

Zavits W

Omnipresent Waffles

23,890 Points
  • Chocolate Champion: Sundae! 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hero 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:09 pm
The disappointment that was present in her mind on the fail of attempted practice weighed on her a bit. Was it the fate that the court guards only relied upon the obscene amount of power they held to get things done? It was true that tactics always played a role even though it it was more on a personal scale. The 6th division had only recently acquired the emphasis of being tactical before that point it was merely a generic division populated primarily by more noble class spirits. With a heavy sigh she dressed down the arrow wound was blatant on her back and chest as she set aside her clothing in a cubby she however took the sash bore zanpakuto of hers and tied it to her arm before she began prepping to enter the bath water. Washing her hair and body with sudsy water she quickly and efficiently rinsed away the remaining suds before taking to the bath itself. the water steamed with warmth as she dipped a foot in, it felt cold despite the true temperature it held. Soon she was up to her neck in the water and began the process of soaking a bit to relax the day's troubles away. the bathes were peculiar in a sense that the were divided by gender but only by a shorter wall. though you'd have to strain to peak over it, it was the only barrier and was respected for the most part. The captain claimed it allowed important meetings to converge here while relaxing in the waters but she wasn't sure if it was one hundred percent true. It did however allow for such meetings to occur as they could speak freely over the barrier with little trouble.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:56 am
Yasumeh arrived at the bathhouse once more, his wandering in the hot sun of the market, excessive drinking with the thirteenths captain, and random wandering had made quite the smell upon him. Checking the check-in list he noticed his lieutenant was there. Making his way to the locker rooms he exchanged his clothes for a towel and headed to the men's side of the bath's. Settling in he sighed and leaned his head back, "Oi, did you notice the stranger wandering around here? An older fellow wearing some sort of mask. He tried to talk to me at the tavern but just stood there after introducing himself and asking where the Captain was" he said with a chuckle. He didn't think the stranger was a student, after all, even with Yasumeh's less than reputable rumors, most captains where at least known of by face. While they weren't always seen around the academy they did make occasional public appearances, to congratulate graduates, attempt academy ceremonies, and other minor special events.  

Dark Bunny Lord
Crew

Zavits W

Omnipresent Waffles

23,890 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hero 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:45 pm
"Well... I do know one of the newer members, fourth seat I believe, enjoys playing dress up. I suppose it could have been him but you never know which wayward souls might have wandered in." Natsuki explained to the half wall as if speaking to it rather then the captain on the other side. "If it isn't a member of any squad then the gate keepers have certainly become lax in this time of peace." She added calmly as she used a wash clothe she had brought in the water to squeegee water over her head. "By the way have you had a chance to meet with any new members of the squad yet?" She questioned inquisitively, after all they were indeed on the subject.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:17 am
"Mmm, possibly. Though he was an older fellow, hell rivaling me in age by the sound of his voice.... so yeah I suppose I have met both, on I knew and the other... well you just heard about that assuming you're right of course". Yasumeh merely sat back and soaked, slowly sliding downwards and dipping his head and long hair into the waters as the steam roiled up along his skin giving him a euphoric feeling of relaxation. He came up mere moments later wringing it out and lathering up.
"Anyways, the kid shows promise. He can manipulate shadows apparently, though how good he is at it is still to wonder. He's smart though... bit of an anger problem when outwitted or touched, but smart. We should be able to tone that down though over time. I'm worried though, Ketsu was having a sparring match with his squad earlier that I came across... I hardly can believe the disorderliness and lack of refined skill that I saw" he said letting out a slight chuckle. "Heavy swings, open stances, plenty of room to take advantage of most of those recruits openings... and Ketsu himself" he said suddenly turning to a more grim tone, "Joke about going to kill the first squad and it's captain. I know the guys always over talking what he's actually going to do, but that was one of the few moments I felt I'd loose my collection and draw my blade" he said letting a long pause pass there after. His voice returned over the wall, flat and stern, spoken in a hushed tone, "We need to keep an eye on him, somethings off... even for him"

Dark Bunny Lord
Crew

Crelian Fratele

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:28 pm
now see here lad...

The man with the mask was cut short as he stumbled into the bath house and promptly tripped over a stone and into the water. The resulting splash would be enough to drench the entire room as the man in the mask sat up. Fully clothed and wearing the same emotionless mask as before, he faced the Captain before continuing.

Now see here lad, my name is Crelian Fratele and i am applying for a position in your squadron. I have much experience and talent and i am looking to put it to good use.

Crelian's speech was only slightly slurred with the 2 bottles of saki he had drank and the way he used his body to speak hinted that he was intoxicated. Being as the were, Crelian would be no push-over in a confrontation.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:14 pm
"I'm sure you'll be able to reign in his quirks a bit to make them a bit less of a detriment, and the ability of his zanpakuto certain sounds useful enough." Natsuki commented while listening to her captain's adventures. " So basically we'll be using squad eleven as lances rather than rooks for any out right conflicts that come up..." Natsuki said referencing pieces in shogi using their english names. "The 11th certainly has dropped in efficiency of late we'll be sure to keep watch of anything fishy that might come from that direction..." She commented thinking about the harsh words that had been spoken by the 11th captain. If it was enough to rile her captain to draw a blade it was certainly a serious situation that needed looked into. About that time a ruckus from the other side caused Natsuki to twitch a bit. Clearly whoever this was couldn't hold their liquor well. The smell of sake tripled the instant the stranger entered. He quickly made himself known by giving his name and with a sigh she shook her head the motion unseen through the half wall. "Clearly he joined as a fan Captain, why else would one drink so much as to make a fool of themselves without bothering to be proper in locations such as these..." A twinge of agitation was in her voice, the man seemed to be rowdy something she was never fond of as a characteristic.  

Zavits W

Omnipresent Waffles

23,890 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hero 100

Crelian Fratele

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:36 pm
Crelian looked woozily over at the female, then back at the Captain... Then back at the female.

Now now lassy, i am part of not fan club. i joined because i am a wanderer looking for a home, and this seems as good of a home as any...

He looked around the bath house drunkenly.

Besides lassy, im sure i could teach you a couple things about combat that you might have never thought of.

Crelian's broge was much stronger then it was in the bar as was his disarming demeanor. Truth be told Crelian was acting more drunk then he actually was, not to say the bottles of saki didnt have their impact. His intentions where to learn more about his superior and how he treated any subordinates that he may have, as well as how he interacted in general.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:01 am
((Oh also might want to fix your age on your profile, guns, let alone movies, weren't around 1,500 let alone 2,500 years ago lol))

Yasumeh sighed, his bath interrupted by the older man who appeared to have followed him from the restaurant. "Hmm? So my first suspicions where right. Drop the act though please, it's transparent around the likes of your own squad not to mention that I'm the captain that basically coined it among the Gotei thirteen". Suddenly they where interrupted by a flying butterfly to come to an urgent meeting. Yasumeh stood and pulled his towl up around him before calling over the wall to Natsuki, "We need to go... it's the Captain Commanders summons" he said simply, "You'll have to forgive me for my sudden leave, feel free to visit the barracks, the people working there should get you setteled in" he said leaving to get dressed and attend the urgent summons.

[Exit - Captains Meeting]
(Should have done this post a few days ago, sorry about that)

Dark Bunny Lord
Crew

Crelian Fratele

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:58 pm
Crelian laughed heartily as the Captain left the bath house. The old man relaxed in the water, his cloths dissolving and streaming into a dry pile of sand next to the waters edge.

Aye at least the lad isn't blind...

Crelian's drunken slur disappeared instantly as he shrugged off the act. With his shoulders propped up on the stones lining the edge of the water Crelian called over the divider to who he assumed to be the LT.

So lass, I reckon we have not been properly introduced... I am assuming that you are the young Captain's second in command? If that is so mayhaps you can oblige an old man and let his test his strength sometime?

Crelian's words were carefully thought out and respectful, as if he knew who he was talking to.

((Crelian is a VERY old soul, who has been wandering for a VERY long time... so im not exactly sure what that would translate to in this guild... perhaps you can help me on that one...))

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:23 pm
((Unfortunately no, according to his background, he's not. His background says he died when him and his wife went to a movie. Now let's be generous and say it was the first movie ever made in 1870 (though it wasn't patented for public viewing until 1879), this means if we take our modern time (2011) (again being generous assuming we're not in the future), at the absolute oldest your character would be 131 years combining his time in life and the after life. This is again under literally the most optimal conditions for making the oldest he could be and still fit into the background you gave him.
Next your profile goes on to say that he's been in soul society for roughly 300 years, so that would mean, given these same optimal conditions, that that background would only make sense if it was the year 2,205, since he was 26 when he died. Also even if it was that far in the future for the rp setting he would then be 326 years old. Point being you give a very defined timeline in your background and then say he's 1,500-2,500 years old, it just doesn't add up.

So to break it down:
If he died the way he did and it was the present he would be:
131 years old.
If he died the way he did and it was the far flung future of 2,205 he would be:
326 years old.
It would be litterally impossible for him to be 1,500, let alone 2,550 years old since you said he died at 26 and then spent 300 years in soul society, 300+26 =/= anything within 1,500 to 2,500))  

Dark Bunny Lord
Crew

Zavits W

Omnipresent Waffles

23,890 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hero 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:28 pm
"Unfortunately I'll need to depart as well, come to the office after the meeting and we'll see about testing your metal." Natsuki commented as she had gotten out of the bath and was quickly dressed and out the door to follow after the captain. To be honest she expected to be confronted at some point by one of the newer members. probably for her position as the vice. It has happened before and no one has bested her at what this division was best at.

((also exiting for the meeting though it is also late since the meeting is over, if you want you can go ahead and head over to the captain's office whenever and i should be responding in the near future. ))  
Squad 6-Tacticians

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games