Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Suka'Fumo Lands [IC]
[JRP] Foolish Games (Greygor & Muntidato)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:29 pm
Greygor had received a summons to come up the mountain to the dens where the pride's nobles made their home. He would be assigned to personally guard some noble lioness while she ventured into the rogue lands. He didn't know why a noble lioness would want to do anything like that, but he didn't much care in all honesty. He just hoped he had been assigned to one of the attractive ones who wouldn't always boss him around.

As he passed the smaller and lower dens, those belonging to less important lions his orange eyes instinctively sought the den he had been born and raised in. He came from noble stock, albeit his family had only risen to nobility with his grandfather and had abandoned it with his generation. His father had been proud of the purple in his coat that made him noble, just as he had been prone to boast of the service his father had done for some old, dead king that had earned him the appointment.

Greygor had never cared much for family history. His whole family was dead, or as good as dead, and he saw no reason to dwell on their deaths. Well, sometimes he relived his sister's death in his mind, but it wasn't any kind of self-torture he was putting himself through. He had not been much effected by that terrible, horrible accident. And it was an accident, as far as everyone else in the pride was concerned.

When he found the den he sought, still empty, he kept walking, not looking in front of him in time to see a mostly white lion in his way. He had to bring himself up short to stop himself from walking into him.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:39 pm
Muntidato stood before the giant lion and grinned at him. At least, it was probably a grin. In a lion that small unassuming looking, it couldn't be anything more predatory. "Hello, Greygor. What brings you this high up the mountain?"

Muntidato had a pretty good guess why Greygor was up here; lions like him usually came when summoned. Not always, though; it was the usually that made them dangerous. It was also what made them useful.

Muntidato was the grandson of a purple and white rogue that had become noble, and he was coming at nobility from the other way. Not for him the idle days of warming himself on a rock, or pleasure touring off the pride's lands with a bodyguard. Muntidato liked to get things done, even if he was the only one who knew about it.  

Mtorolite

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:27 pm
At the sight of Muntidato's little smile-thing Greygor's lips drew back slightly but noticeably from his teeth, baring the tips of his canines. It was not anything like a smile. While most nobles annoyed him with their weakness and unwillingness take credit for unpleasant things, or even think about them. He obeyed them, but it couldn't even be said that he respected them, really.

"Littlefinger," he growled, using the translation of the noble's name. It was the most insulting he could be while he was on this part of the mountain. Lower down he would dare more, but surrounded by nobles like this, Greygor was aware that his life could become very difficult and limited if he didn't play by their rules.

"I was summoned," he said, keeping his reply brief. He did not want to get into a conversation with this slippery snake of a noble who was no nobler than Greygor himself was.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:45 pm
Just as he had thought, someone wanted the services of the big scary lion. Was it because they themselves were not big and scary enough? Or they were dabbling with the lower classes and were at the point that they didn't care who knew? Of course, that bloodline had the potential for nobility in it so maybe that made it ok. "I wonder if I could ask a favor of you, Sir Greygor. It's a simple one, I assure you, and I can make it worth your while. There are some advantages to purple fur."  

Mtorolite

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:09 am
"You can ask," Greygor said. And if Littlefinger's favor proved more interesting than the job he'd been given, well, he might just let the stupid noble guard themselves. It wasn't as if the mountain was crawling with dangers.

"But don't tell me about the advantages of purple fur. In case you haven't noticed, I do have some of my own." He didn't care about it, but it served him well from time to time. As Littlefinger had said, there were advantages to having it. Greygor just didn't need to be reminded of them.

"Tell me instead what you want from me, and I'll decide whether I'll tell my current assignment how you think you're more important than they are." Now he was smiling, but it wasn't any kind of a pleasant smile. It was the smile of someone who has figured out that they are now in a position to issue threats and blackmail others, and enjoyed the position.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:30 am
Any average lion walking by might have been disturbed by the apparent smiling contest hovering between the two lions. For Muntidato, it was the equivalent of a poker face. Other lions didn't concern themselves with a happy noble.
"Oh, I don't want you to drop your assignment. I just want to know who it is, first off, and depending on that, I might have some questions for you after you get done. I'm just a curious fellow."
Muntidato did not need the bigger lion's help directly - at least not at this point in time - but he did like information. And if Greygor could tell him anything interesting, it would be worth a favor or some kind of payment.  

Mtorolite

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:38 pm
Greygor couldn't see any harm in telling Littlefinger those things he asked, at least about who he was assigned to guard. It wasn't as though that would remain secret for too long once people noticed the lady walking about with him following her. And people would definitely notice that. Even if she was plain and unobtrusive, Greygor never passed unnoticed anywhere. It came with being gigantic.

"Some noble lioness wants to go into the rogue lands and apparently doesn't wish to go unaccompanied," he answered. "One of the daughters of one of the king's advisers, I think. The girl's mum's an uptight b***h."

Ah, yes. Political correctness absolutely was not Greygor's forte. He knew he was more or less untouchable by virtue of being the size he was and also a fierce fighter, so he did and said what he wished most of the time. Even to the point of calling nobles uptight bitches to other nobles. He didn't doubt Littlefinger would know which noble he was referring to that way, though he might not know which of the daughters he meant. Greygor didn't bother to keep track of all of them. It was a fruitful family.

"Also, my answering this question does not mean I like you or feel any obligation to satisfy your curiosity. I don't like you and I don't trust you. You are a sneak and a coward."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:48 am
"Of course I am, Greygor, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. And if they do, don't beleive them." Littlefinger thought for a moment; he thought he knew the lady Greygor was speaking of, and it might be worthwhile to know what she got up to. Especially if there was anything . . . untoward going on. Not with Greygor, she didn't seem the type, but Greygor might see some things while they were out there away from the pride.

"All I want you to do is to fill me in on what happens out there with your delectable little charge when you get back."  

Mtorolite

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:42 pm
Greygor was not impressed by Littlefinger's willingness to own up to being all those things he had accused him of being. Not impressed at all. He felt it was a kind of cowardice on Littlefinger's part to be unwilling to even argue the point. Greygor sneered. Really, what kind of lion would agree that he was a sneak and a coward?

"Don't try to be charming," he said, glowering his utter lack of amusement. "It just makes you look even more squirmy."

And yet, despite his powerful aversion to the white and purple lion Greygor heard him out. He wasn't particularly interested in moving up in the world. He had chosen the life he lived, after all. However, he couldn't help thinking that he might somehow turn this to his advantage, or at least end up being twice recompensed for spending time with some stupid noble priss.

"Perhaps if there's anything to tell, I might be convinced to share it with you," he allowed. "And if I do, you will owe me something. And now I'm leaving."

He strode past Littlefinger without waiting to hear the other lion's response. He had do doubt that the noble would find him again when it suited him to do so. Greygor wasn't about to go out of his way to make the little p***k's life easier.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:19 pm
Muntidato let Greygor brush past without another word. If he decided he wanted his payment - well and good. If he decided he didn't - there was always someone else willing to rat in exchange for something. And if he couldn't find any lion willing . . . well, he wouldn't have any problems finding out information if he needed it. Greygor could dislike him all he wanted.

Muntidato continued on his way down the mountain, stopping to talk to various lions on the way. Sometimes just a few minutes of conversation were enough to strengthen a thread - or to break it.  

Mtorolite

[IC] Suka'Fumo Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff