Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Oracle cards

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:44 pm
So! DarqMoonz mentioned in her introduction in the intro thread that she often uses this deck of oracle cards. Rather than clutter up the intro thread with a discussion, I decided to post a new one!

I love oracle cards. I don't click with many decks, but I like the ways they read differently to tarot, and the variety of different decks there are. I have one deck of oracle cards, the Wolf Song deck, and I have another deck on its way to me.

Also, wahhhh DarqMoonz this deck is so pretty! I like the art and the colours used! Though generally I'm not a Froud fan... his art is really nice, but to when it comes to info on faeries, I think he's full of crap wink Still, nice deck! I'm going to read the site reviews now. -

(P.S. though tarot decks are oracles in their own way, I'd like to keep this discussion to cards that are not tarot. Thanks!)  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:59 pm
I personally enjoy the deck because of the art. The second deck you mentioned is very pretty also. 4laugh

I have had mine for a little over a year now. I've tried tarot decks, but they just don't seem to call out to me like my oracle deck.

I haven't gone too deep into Froud's Fae views, but I love his artwork. Wendy actually wrote the book in this set while Brian did the illustrations. He does have another Oracle deck out. The Faeries Oracle From what I've seen, it has similar artwork, but not sure about how it reads.

(p.s Thanks for the mention. 3nodding )  

DarqMoonz

4,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:12 pm
A friend has the Faerie's Oracle. To be honest, they look identical ninja

I'm really trying to work on creating my own deck. I want to make an original Mermaid Oracle deck, all fancy and such. Going to take a long time, but I think it'll be worth it.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:21 pm
I haven't tried to make my own Oracle set yet. I keep getting distracted. sweatdrop I wanted a Wolf Oracle, but I couldn't find any where the artwork stood out to me.  

DarqMoonz

4,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:22 pm
DarqMoonz
I personally enjoy the deck because of the art. The second deck you mentioned is very pretty also. 4laugh

I have had mine for a little over a year now. I've tried tarot decks, but they just don't seem to call out to me like my oracle deck.

I haven't gone too deep into Froud's Fae views, but I love his artwork. Wendy actually wrote the book in this set while Brian did the illustrations. He does have another Oracle deck out. The Faeries Oracle From what I've seen, it has similar artwork, but not sure about how it reads.

(p.s Thanks for the mention. 3nodding )

I'm a little disappointed that the review on aeclectic tarot was not more descriptive about how the cards read. This review is a lot better, and makes me think I'd like to work with the deck myself. I like the idea of the unnamed cards.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:23 pm
oOGarrettOo
A friend has the Faerie's Oracle. To be honest, they look identical ninja

I'm really trying to work on creating my own deck. I want to make an original Mermaid Oracle deck, all fancy and such. Going to take a long time, but I think it'll be worth it.

I am excited for your deck to come into being mrgreen  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

DarqMoonz

4,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:28 pm
Sanguina Cruenta

I'm a little disappointed that the review on aeclectic tarot was not more descriptive about how the cards read. This review is a lot better, and makes me think I'd like to work with the deck myself. I like the idea of the unnamed cards.

I read the review after I saw your post. I don't really like the one they have on there either. It goes into too much about Brian and not about the cards themselves.
The unnamed cards show up in my readings from time to time. There really isn't much info in the book they came with about them, so I basically just stare at them and decipher how I feel towards the images that stand out to me. They have many different things going on in them that it's hard to pick up on the same thing twice.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:05 am
I've got the Goddess Oracle Deck. The art is nice but some of the information is inaccurate, and I haven't had good readings from it.

I prefer my Tarot Cards though.  

Ravynne Sidhe

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:46 am
When I would do reading I would use Clow Cards. You know the ones from that anime Card Captor Sakura? Yeah those ones. I really enjoyed it even though I wish I had the set that had the softer lines instead of the set that came from Toys R Us. But hey it works for me.

PS. I'll check out the decks that were posted when I'm done with classes for the day.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:04 pm
I have and primarily use Oracle decks. The ones I have are:

Medicine Cards

Sacred Path Cards

Those are decks that were used by my former Psychologist as an option for deep evaluation of what you see. He has a PhD in several forms of therapy and is well trained in spiritual healing. The reading I got from them was accurate and provided much guidance for the nexy few months of treatment (not something I would reccomend from everyone or for everyone, just people specially trained in the use of oracles in psychological healing)

Spirit of the Wheel

That deck is the one I use most often. While the messages are based in spiritual thoughts and how the spirit connects to the physical and mundane, I have been able to help my mother with many issues and thoughts regarding work and stress from that deck. It is the only deck I no longer require the LWB (Little white book) to give a reading, but I have it with me to read the "prayers" associated and give the book meaning if they ask.

Lakota Sweat Lodge Cards

This was more of a curiosity purchase. Haven't used them yet as I haven't been able to figure out how they are used.

Ocean's Oracle
This deck is quite unique. You don't pick the cards. You look at pictures of the shells on posters and then you pick the ones that speak to you. You then arrange the cards in which ever ways make sense to you. I then tell you what each of those shells mean and how you orgaized them. Its a fascinating system.

Wolf Song
Again just a curiosity but one that I feel attracted to.

Russian Gypsy Fortune Telling Cards
This is completly different than any other system. I used it once and still couldn't fully understand.

Hidden Path

Well Worn Path

Those two intriged me as they were the first ones I have seen to specifically tie into ENP mythologies and rituals. They were also designed to be a teaching tool for Grimassi's tradition.  

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games