Welcome to Gaia! ::

1x1 H E A V E N

Back to Guilds

A meetup guild for 1x1 roleplayers. 

Tags: 1x1 rp, partner, search, roleplaying, roleplays 

Reply The Main Hall -- Search threads go here!
{ 1 x 1 Search Thread } - Male Inside

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Your Eternal Reward

Shameless Genius

6,900 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:02 am
Hello, and welcome to my humble search thread. I'd likely love to hear what you have to say, but first thing's first, I have a couple standards to abide by.

-- ☸ --

Literacy: Typically literate. I play in adv. lit group roleplays but I find it slightly more difficult to respond with a post that big when I have only one other person to work with, so I bring it down to literate for 1x1s. I might (this is a very big might) do a semi. lit, though it requires me being in a certain mood (typically an impatient mood) considering the posts tend to fly faster that way. That said, I will only semi. with someone else capable of literacy as well (and equally impatient, most likely), considering I can be a bit of a grammar Nazi, and prefer roleplaying with individuals capable of putting a little spice or poetry into a post.

Posting: I can't really consider myself a regular here, but I will try to match your posting frequency. That said, I'm not a big fan of any more than four to five times a week. (Once to twice a day for semis). I have no preference for PMs or threads, or even email or IM. (Played a semi over MSN once. Fastest 1x1 ever.)

Romance: I'm going to be frank here: I am not a romantic. At least, not in the way most Gaian girls are. Most of you like your romance, and that's perfectly fine with me, provided there's some sort of plot carrying it forward. I'm not going to put down holding hands completely, some guys like it, but typically I find fighting for one's love, whether through guile, magic, or brute force, far more romantic, and far more interesting.

Limits: My limits are yours. Sex happens. Don't expect it not to. What you want to do with it is up to you. Same thing with swearing. If the character swears like a sailor, by all means, swear like a sailor, but keep it in character. Era-appropriate vocabulary is a major plus in my books, and you know you've always wanted to pull out those Shakespearean insults since you learned about them in middle school.

Roles: I tend to enjoy playing intelligent, dominant, ambitious characters, not as much because I share those aspects, but more because it's a lot more fun than playing a bickering, cowering toothpick of a man. Some of my characters are powerful, others struggle to be powerful. Some of them are good looking, others might not be. Some of them are calm and stoic, others are wild and impulsive. I typically do not play bodybuilders or prettyboys, because stupid characters are incredibly boring for me.

Pairings: I typically play heterosexual characters, and while Yaoi or Yuri does take a good deal of convincing, I have found both to be amusing on occasion. Want a good laugh filled with phallic references? Yaoi's the way to go. My serious roleplays, however, tend to be predominantly het.

Taboos: Anything Twilight, any band roleplay, and any bar/club roleplay is automatically out of the question, along with the vast majority of modern and school-based roleplays. In essence, I am not here simply to flirt. I want our characters to be part of a world that interacts with them. Some common exceptions to the above-listed are Mafia roleplays and Harry Potter roleplays, because those tend to have dangerous, evolving worlds.

-- ☸ --

Awesomesauce cool
Sounds Good biggrin
Not Bad smile
Meh neutral
Again? stare

Sci-fi
Living Weapon / Renegade cool
Living Weapon / Renegade biggrin
Smuggler / Runaway Noble biggrin
Shephard (M) / Tali (Mass Effect) biggrin
Shephard (F) / Garrus (Mass Effect) biggrin
Alliance Pilot / Rebellion Pilot biggrin
Alliance Pilot / Alliance Pilot smile
Explorer / Alien smile
Kidnapper / Noble stare

Alternate History
Corporate Apocalypse cool
Code Geass (post-series) cool
Death Note (between seasons, Kira's reign) biggrin
FullMetal Alchemist Universe biggrin / smile / neutral
Hellboy Universe biggrin / smile
Zombie Apocalypse smile

Modern
Mafia Prince / Member smile
Mastermind / Assassin smile

Harry Potter
Tom Riddle / Bellatrix* biggrin
Snape / Lily* smile
Harry Potter OC / OC smile / neutral / stare
Dumbledore / Grindelwald neutral

*: Set during the forming and initial stages of the Death Eaters

Victorian
Holmes / Adler (Sherlock Holmes) cool
Prince / Princess biggrin / neutral / stare
Mage / Thief smile
Vampire / Vampire smile
Vampire / Human stare
Master / Slave stare

Fantasy
Demonic Apocalypse biggrin
Diablo Universe biggrin
Dragon Age Universe biggrin
Forgotten Realms Universe biggrin
Elder Scrolls Universe smile
Warcraft Universe neutral

-- ☸ --

Naturally, there are a lot more possibilities I have not listed, especially in the Fantasy section, considering the nigh-unlimited variety of pairings therein. This is more or less a taste of what I like and don't like so you get to know a little bit about me before you toss a request my way. By all means, feel free to ask about an unlisted pairing. I might bite, but I guarantee you'll like it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:08 am
You mind if I ask you if you want to try my Plot?

Plot:
She is the late princess of the Emperor of Japan. Her father is forcing her into marridge and will take the next avaliable prince; On the other side of the world; in england there is a prince wishing for more than being a prince and seeing as he is the second prince he will not be the next king. He has heard that there is a princess who will allow him to be the most powerful in that country and immetdiently heads over on the next ship. She dislikes men at all times and so far all the men have failed to impress her; even their pushy and dominant actions have not got her begging for their love. He is more dominant, intelligent and outright frightening; This sleezy prince has used his intelligence to think up a plan into getting the princesse's attention but will he fall in love on the way for his certain glory?  

iNishino Inferni

Your Eternal Reward

Shameless Genius

6,900 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:28 pm
iNishino Inferni

Plot:
She is the late princess of the Emperor of Japan. Her father is forcing her into marridge and will take the next avaliable prince; On the other side of the world; in england there is a prince wishing for more than being a prince and seeing as he is the second prince he will not be the next king. He has heard that there is a princess who will allow him to be the most powerful in that country and immetdiently heads over on the next ship. She dislikes men at all times and so far all the men have failed to impress her; even their pushy and dominant actions have not got her begging for their love. He is more dominant, intelligent and outright frightening; This sleezy prince has used his intelligence to think up a plan into getting the princesse's attention but will he fall in love on the way for his certain glory?

Not gonna lie: I've seen a lot of very similar scenarios. But the plot does have merit, depending on how you play the character, who I'm seeing as a tsundere of sorts. What I'm a bit iffy about is your post's spotty spelling. I don't mean to be judgmental, but it does say a bit about your literacy. I might need a bit of convincing that you're up to par. A few samples would be great. And while you're at it, I'd love to hear about your posting frequency, limits, etc. Maybe even a few funky kinks or taboos.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:33 pm
Looking for someone to role play with it doesnt matter what we do if you had anything in mind let me know.  

MeMe SweetHeart

iNishino Inferni

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:16 am
Your Eternal Reward
iNishino Inferni

Plot:

Not gonna lie: I've seen a lot of very similar scenarios. But the plot does have merit, depending on how you play the character, who I'm seeing as a tsundere of sorts. What I'm a bit iffy about is your post's spotty spelling. I don't mean to be judgmental, but it does say a bit about your literacy. I might need a bit of convincing that you're up to par. A few samples would be great. And while you're at it, I'd love to hear about your posting frequency, limits, etc. Maybe even a few funky kinks or taboos.

haha I know I came up with the idea on the time I was posting and I post alot whenever I can get on actually, the Limits for me is anything that has to do with sexual intercourse, so yuck! don't do it please~
my Taboo are anything to do with Twilight as well, boring things where they only want the kiss; theres never anything interesting and normally anything to do with war.

I'll re-type the story just so it has like a deeper input.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:58 pm
By living weapon are we talking like android/cyborg?
Because i would be 100% down with that. ^^  

instantxxramen

Dapper Phantom

Demon wolf Moro

5,150 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:35 pm
Hello there,

I am interested in the pairings of:

Holmes / Adler (Sherlock Holmes)
Smuggler / Runaway Noble
Mafia Prince / Member

I also have a plot idea that meshes a few of those together:

It starts with two rivals, who fought together in their countries war. But when a civil war erupted tearing the land in two these men where thrown apart by their own choices. One became a tyrannical king, while the other the noble leader of the rebellion attempting to overthrow the king. The rebellion leader infiltrates the castle of the king and stumbles upon his wife; the queen. The queen married the king not long after he had been crowned and now knowing what a jerkface he was, wanted nothing to do with him. So she basically asks to be taken away.

{{I feel this may be too vague for your awesomeness, but its a work in process }}

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:51 am
instantxxramen

Exactly like that.
Essentially, in the plot I have in mind, my character would be a gifted quantum physicist designing a space-warp for the government before realizing his weapon is the means by which they will be setting off WW3. The logic being that if we got out of the last recession with a war, let's do it again.

Of course, when he finds out they're weaponizing the device he intended to be benign, he isn't exactly jumping in joy at the prospect of being responsible for the death of a couple billion innocents. In what little time he has left, he fuses the prototype with himself so nobody else will misuse it, and runs for the hills. Maybe he finds somewhere the law can't touch him and meets a fellow outlaw, or maybe he gets captured and someone befriends him and helps him break out. Depends on what you want to play as.

Sorry I haven't been able to reply for this long. A hurricane to the face can do wonders for your internet connection.

Your Eternal Reward

Shameless Genius

6,900 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100

instantxxramen

Dapper Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:06 pm
Your Eternal Reward
instantxxramen

Exactly like that.
Essentially, in the plot I have in mind, my character would be a gifted quantum physicist designing a space-warp for the government before realizing his weapon is the means by which they will be setting off WW3. The logic being that if we got out of the last recession with a war, let's do it again.

Of course, when he finds out they're weaponizing the device he intended to be benign, he isn't exactly jumping in joy at the prospect of being responsible for the death of a couple billion innocents. In what little time he has left, he fuses the prototype with himself so nobody else will misuse it, and runs for the hills. Maybe he finds somewhere the law can't touch him and meets a fellow outlaw, or maybe he gets captured and someone befriends him and helps him break out. Depends on what you want to play as.

Sorry I haven't been able to reply for this long. A hurricane to the face can do wonders for your internet connection.

No worries hun ^^
Shoot me a PM so we can discuss it.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:51 pm
Bump. dramallama

Your Eternal Reward

Shameless Genius

6,900 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
The Main Hall -- Search threads go here!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games