Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Maestros Del Mar Lands [IC]
[JRP] Cabin boy? More like Captain. (Shirou/Pirato)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:47 pm
User Image

The sun was beginning to rise when Shirou finally noticed that Tiki was awake. His feathered friend yawned, brushing her beak affectionately against his fur. "Did you sleep well?" She murmured on a yawn. Then she looked around at the beach, and frowned. "How did we get out here?"

He shrugged, shuffling his paws in the sand. He didn't want to tell her he had had another bad 'dream'. It just wasn't cool, and made him seem girlier than his sister. Plus, if he talked about it, he'd probably cry and that just wasn't cool either.

The young cub had taken Tiki away to a secluded spot, away from their 'den' and away from his siblings where he could catch some sleep. It wasn't fair! How come his brother and sister got to sleep when he didn't? Why was he always the cranky one?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:54 pm
User Image

The big red male had taken his sweet time to start to head back towards home. He had been enjoying the peacefulness that being away from the pride meant. Though it also gave him time to go and scout some local creatures that had things that could be of worth.

His dreaded white mane hung about his face and he walked with his head held high. Though he swayed a bit, having had a bit of fruit an hour or so before. He wasnt drunk, but he certainly could feel the warmth.

His blue macaw colored avian flew overhead, keeping eye for him. Though he was rather distracted by the small animals that were fluttering about. He couldnt help but feel his belly growl.

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:01 pm
"I'm going to have a look around. Stay put, okay?" The Scarlet Macaw took off into the air, hoping for once that the rebellious cub would listen to her. He sat on the shore line, watching her every move, and as smug as that made her feel, it was instantly taken away when she spotted a familiar sight. She'd only seen that bird once before, and that had been with....

Tiki squawked and dove for the ground, barely catching herself before she flopped into the sand. "Get moving! The big red - Oh, what is his name? - lion is coming."

Shirou growled at the avian's attempts to push him away. "Nuh uh! You're lying so I'll go back."

"I am not!" Why wasn't he listening?! Didn't he know that if they didn't leave fast, something really bad might happen?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:32 pm
Pirato had no desire to hurt the smaller cub. Or his little feather companion that had followed him. No, Pirato knew what it was like to have a bird companion and he knew how irritating it could be. With one glance to the bird, his attentions turned to the little brightly colored cub. He chuckled, and then stopped himself. Was he really going to be around more cubs? How he disliked cubs.

"Evening, new blood." The male greeted. Bowing his head in respect though his eyes ticked once more up towards his red companion.

"Now why is it you've left your Nannies now, eh?" He asked, and ushered the cub towards the lands. He wasnt even really sure if this cub was in the pride but he did know that no cub should be without protection. So regardless he was going to the center of the pridelands.

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:03 pm
Shirou was more curious than intimidated by the older male. He had only seen the other once in passing, but he'd heard enough to able to address him. "Commodore." Even if the word was laced with sleep and cubbishness. The spotted cub gave the red lion a weird look when he bowed. What was that about?

He stepped up to walk even when he didn't want to. "Co'dn'a s'eep." And on cue, he yawned and stalled, his forelegs stretching out until he was able to skitter after the older male. He barely noticed when Tiki had taken back off to the skies. "Wha 'bout you?"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:14 pm
He chuckled and when the cub followed willingly, he felt better around him. He just didnt like disobedience, and most cubs liked to push their luck. He tried to have an even temper but sometimes he had to remove himself from a situation to keep from upsetting anyone. This was not one of those times.

"I'm on my way back from travel, boy." He said, though the word boy wasnt said as if it was bad. Its just what he was. A boy.

"I think Ive found many for our ships to seek out. Don't worry." He said, trying to be as supportive as he knew how to be.

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:47 pm
Even if it wasn't said in a bad way, Shirou still curled his lip when he was called 'boy'. He wasn't that little. "Mm'not a boy. I'mma Cap'n!" The spotted cub puffed out his white chest, a determined look on his maw. At this point, he wasn't entirely sure he knew what a Captain was yet, but he knew it was something people respected.

"Jus' don't go to dah West. The sky water will get'cha if ya do." Shirou nodded sagely. "Dat's what my dream was 'bout. This big guy went West and he diiiied."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:39 pm
Pirato chuckled at that, and then shook his head. Kids these days had such high hopes. Theyd have to prove themselves of course, as most refused the effort. "Ye are a boy. Ye can prove yourself to be a Captain, later." He said, giving the cub a little advice. He wasnt really one to play around with little things like that. He could be quite serious at times.

"Sky...water?" He asked, cocking his head as he looked at the cub. He wasnt sure what he meant unless he meant rain. And even then.. why would rain kill him?

"Rain, you mean?
"  

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:19 am

Shirou huffed irritably. "I'll show you! I'll be da bes' Cap'n eva!" And how could he not, with a drive like that? The cub was going places, even if it meant acting a little obnoxious from time to time.

Still, as he walked beside Pirato, he nodded. "Tha's it. There was a'lo' of it, ya? And it went whoosh!" Standing on his hind legs, Shirou swooped his paws through the air. "Like tha'! It was scawy ta see, but cool, ya know?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:43 pm
Buffy_the_Bloody
"Prove to me you can be a pirate, and then we will discuss Captain." He chuckled, shaking his head. A childs innocence was almost what made them so difficult to deal with. He rather liked the mischief side of them.

He wasnt sure what he was speaking of and so he just raised his eyebrows. He continued ushering the cub on, now just wanting to get him to the Nannies so he could retire for the day. He looked the cub over and grinned.

"I bet, I bet. Now.. I bet all those Corsairs are worried about you."

Painted Moose
"Yea, yea." Shirou rolled his eyes. How many times did the ol' timer have to say it? One day he'd be the best Captain there ever was, and then the big red guy wouldn't be able to say that, now would he?

Shirou made a noise that was somewhere between a moan and a snort. "Pfft, yea right. My bru'ver's coverin' for me. We all look a'ike, so I'm good." At least, he hoped his brother was doing what he was supposed to be doing. Or his sister. But just in case... "Do you f'ink they noticed?" Shirou was generally worried now. What if he was in serious trouble?

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:01 am
Truth was he didnt put much stock in the idea of the cub becoming captain. If every cub that wanted to be a captain actually did so, they would be heavily lacking in the crew side. But he didn't say that to the cub.. No if the cub had dreams, he'd let him continue having them.

"They may have, lad. But I dont think they would mind too much when they see you return with me. What would they be able to say, now?" He asked, raising an eyebrow as he looked down at the cub as he walked.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:15 pm
Shirou paused for a moment, then grinned. “They’d say I’m special because you’re wif me. And they won’t get mad cuz of it.” It made perfect sense to him now. They couldn’t get mad at him if the big red guy was with him, because the big red guy was the boss.

“Ooooh,” Shirou winced, flipping his ears back when he saw the Corsair who had been looking after him standing in the immediate distance, a scowl on her face. Even though she was surprised to see him with the Commodore, it still didn’t mask her irritation. “We should talk again, you know? When I’m bigger. That way, I can show you how strong I am!” He bounced ahead, waiting for his macaw friend to land on his back before looking back. “Bye!” And then he lopped off, ready for the day ahead.

Fin!

(WC: 1,496)

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

[IC] Maestros Del Mar Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out