Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:48 pm
Gan Ning
The sun was beginning to fall over the horizon. A golden sky contrasted the blackening landscape down below. Only the occasional flicker of fireflies gave light to the grassland down below. The herds would be clustering in closer to one another, taking shelter in the thin woods or among their brethren. The birds were falling silent, their near-constant chatter replaced by insects and the hunting cries of wild dogs in the distance. An ideal afternoon- not too hot and not too cold.

At long last, the sweet smell of the ocean met his nostrils. The salty wind had shortened and shriveled the trees as he neared the coastline. The constant hiss of the water creeping over the sands or crashing against the rocky walls filled the night air, drowning out even the cries of fellow night hunters. Only the ’ting ting ting’ of the giant bells strung up around his neck overwhelmed the sea.

Ning found this surprisingly fitting. Only he could break the sound of the sea.

The bells were both a warning and a reminder. From cub hood, the lion had trained along the sea. Running in the sand his entire life had built impressive muscles and a gait that covered large distances with very little effort. Sparring against the other males of his small nomadic clan had given him combat experience from a very young age. Boasting a thick mane, broad shoulders, and the build of a boulder, Ning was a creature to be reckoned with- and the bells gave whomever ample opportunity not to cross him. For those he felled- they would always cower whenever they heard the ring of a bell. Anywhere.

Oceane`
She had been dozing in the shade of a tall tree and had been there for quite a bit of time. Today was her relaxing day and she didnt get many of those. Not with Pirato and his future. She couldnt see the future, but she was good at guessing it. With the warm breeze blowing against her pelt she felt comfortable. She loved her home, and she truly did miss it when she was away.

A ring ting ting came to her ear and she perked her head, eyes open instantly. She yawned, but was up on her feet to crane her neck to see what had made such a ringing sound. She had never heard one like it before except when two coins clinked together. She liked that sound.

She said nothing, but the blue lioness was itching with curiousity. She just couldn't help herself when it came to things like that. So she waited, waited until that lion had made his way to her.

Gan Ning:
It was a scent on the wind rather than a figure in the dark that had alerted him to another nearby. Ning froze, his eyes catching the rising moonlight like a pair of tide pools. Taking another deep breath he smirked. A female…

He could smell the border markers of a nearby pride but they hadn’t been attended to in the last few days, so it was likely that the boarder wasn’t being watched so closely. The female, for the moment, was alone. Another good fortune for him- at least he’d not be fighting off any angry patrol guards.

“Well?” He took a few more steps, knowing full well that she’d have already heard him by the time he scented her. “You gonna introduce yourself or what?”  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:31 pm
Occeane`
She watched the lion walk closer, and when he spoke, her ears perked. Of course he sounded very short and rather rude but that was something that
Oceane had been around all her life. It was just something she put up with. Though she did narrow her eyes in warning. No one just spoke to her that way.
"Youd do bettah with bettah manners." She said, raising an eyebrow. Her coral colored eyes looking him over. He looked like a pirate, acted like a pirate, and
even smelled like one. But she had never seen him around before and she was assuming he absolutely was not part of HER pirates.

"Im Oceane', though a gentleman introduces 'imself first." She said with a chuckle as she swayed closer to him. She closed the distance rather quickly, circling him and
grinning. It was obvious she had no idea of personal boundaries. She didnt much mind though.

"Who, be you?"

Gan Ning:
Ning raised a brow at the reprimand towards his behavior. It was amusing, really. He’d not been scolded for his uncouth manner of being for the longest time- he almost missed it. Females weren’t nearly this forward with him. Most got out of his way or had a few choice words for him concerning his prior encounters with them or other lady friends of theirs.

He chuckled quietly, a deep, throaty sound much like a boulder rolling over gravel. “I’d do better with a lot of things- but manners aren’t high on the priority list.” The second statement earned a full on laugh. “Whoever said I was a gentleman?”

As she neared him, the male drew in a deep breath and filled his massive chest. She wasn’t a bad looking one- that was for certain. Strange accent, but he’d heard enough to shrug it off. “Gan Ning.” He answered simply. “I’m not from around here- I’m looking for a place to get my paws wet. Any ideas?”  

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:26 pm
Occeane`
She stopped in front of him when he started speaking, and raised her eyebrow to look at him. She committed the name to memory, sure to never forget it. She smiled, a rather eerie smile but it held an air of mystery to it as well.

"I don't like gentlemen. But ya should always know, when ya are talkin' to da sea." She said and brushed a paw against her chest as if she was dusting herself off.

She had oftentimes been told she had been born of the sea, as her markings looked like seaweed and coral that was reaching towards the sunshine under the waters depths.

"It depends... On what you mean." She said, cocking her head.

Gan Ning:
The cryptic, almost poetic, words were lost on him. His back was currently to the sea. Why would anyone talk to the sea anyway? The most productive answer anyone would get was a splash to the face or a sneaker wave hauling them out to a well-deserved watery grave.

Perhaps the lioness had baked her brains. Perhaps she was trying to make a joke? Either way, he didn’t dwell on it for too long. She was cute- and she might know the area. Two points against a strike.

“I’m not a fan of the grasslands.” He said simply, shrugging his shoulders. “And honestly, the life of a rogue is a little dull.” When he wans’t looking for food, he was fighting for a safe place to rest. “Know anything about the pride markers just down that way? A good place to look into or should I keep going on my way?”  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:54 pm
Occeane`
She looked in the direction of which he pointed and chuckled. She looked back up at him with her coral colored orbs and couldnt help but smile once more.

"I be part of that pride. I tink its worth looking into." She said, nodding so that the little bit of mane fluff she had bobbed with the movements.
"Only prey like grasslands. Its wise to stay away." She said, nodding again and then looking back out towards the sea.

"I can maybe show you 'round if ya need." She replied.

Gan Ning:
Well well then, seemed he’d found the right creature to ask. At the very least, it wasn’t an overly-hostile pride that he’d stepped into. There had been a few, none he cared to recall in detail, that had been a little edgy towards a roaming male coming too close to their boarders.

“Seems to be my lucky day then.” He shook himself out, sending his massive mane in every direction and the bells along his chest chiming strongly against his body. “I gotta agree about that- only eatables enjoy the open flats. Far too boring for my tastes.”

He chuckled and waved a paw ahead of him. “Ladies first then.”  

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:05 pm
Occeane`
"Indeed, it does. Land of pirates and freedom these lands hold. Its quite a place." She said, walking ahead of him at his motion with his paw. She swayed her hips a bit, walking slow and sensually as she always did. Rarely was in in a hurry, and so rarely was she seen running when it didnt involve food.
"Looks like we 'ave someting in common then, don't we?" She asked, and looked him over again. His clinking bells made her widen her eyes again and she looked behind her to stare at him.

"Why do ye be wearing such.. loud jewelry?"

Gan Ning:
Ning couldn’t help but laugh. My but he was having a good stroke of luck!

“Pirates and freedom. To and from for me it seems- only my lot were just a bunch of restless males. We got a little too old for our old man’s comfort- each of us from different prides, troupes, or clans. We banded together for a bit, decided it was a good way to keep from becoming someone else’s dinner. Sounds like a good enough place for me anyway.” He smirked, following right along behind her and quite enjoying the easy, gentle movements of the female ahead of him. Either she was a tease or a natural flirt- either way he had not a word of complaints.

“The bells?” He glanced down and raised a brow. With every step, every movement the bells would ring out. Announcing their wearer for all to hear. “It gives anyone a fair chance to get out of my way. I try to be a good sport.”  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:33 pm
Occeane`
"Now would you wanted me to have moved out of the way? I might 'ave you know." She chuckled, and then turned her gaze ahead of her. He was a handsome male. She normally didn't chase after males. No that wasnt really what she wanted. She wanted to have the advantage. But she rather liked how strong this male looked, and it made her tail twitch nervously.

"But if this be the pride ye be seeking. You are in luck. It was rather easy to find." She said, grinning once more and taking step after step in the warm warm sand.

Gan Ning:
“You didn’t move out of the way.” He pointed out. “And I’m grateful for it. It means you got more backbone than most- or you just didn’t know about me in these parts. It’s alright-” He shrugged, “I’ve not really had the time to build up enough of a reputation. Unruly rogues come and go, I can’t expect for any infamy to follow me this far.”

Perhaps he was a little cocky- Ling Tong had always thought so…but then again the cheetah was lazy. In that regard- they were even. A vice for a vice.

“Very easy. Seems fortune and I are traveling companions today.”  

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:53 pm
Occeane`
"So what is it you want to see?" She asked, slowing her pace so that she was walking side by side. Her tail flicking against his leg as she chuckled.

"I can take ye anywhere. Ill be ye fortune, tonight." She kept walking, feeling the waves creep up over her toes every now and again when the wave was bigger than normal rushing against the earth.

Gan Ning:
Ning sighed as his paws brushed the all too familar sandy beach, leaving large pawprints in his wake. The bells rang out softly, adding to the music of the sea beside them. The salty air, the lovely company, and the little game she was playing- all of it was perfect.

"Ooh? A fortune teller." He held out his paw and tipped his head. "How about you do a little palm reading. Am I going to be...wealthy here? Heh."

Occeane`
She walked with her head high, her nose breathing in that salty crisp ocean air. She liked to consider herself a fortune teller. She wished that she could really read futures, but she was pretty decent when it came to reading the bones she carried in a satchel around her neck.
When he held out his palm, she stopped and looked at it for a moment, before taking it and sitting. She used her paw to trace a toe down the palm and then smiled. She ticked her eyes upwards with amusement.

"I think anywhere you went, you would be wealthy, m'dear."

Gan Ning:
Ning plopped his backside down, rolled his shoulders, and allowed the female to look over his paw. It was a very, very strange act, of course, but it was all in good fun and a little fun never hurt anyone.

At least he didn't think so. A few lionesses here and there would disagree and say otherwise- but they were likely a few grasslands away so it didn't matter.

He brought her paw up and offered a lick to the back of it. "Just my good luck then."  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:30 pm
Occeane`
She batted her eyes a little, and purred, taking her paw back and placing it to her chest. She stood, and flicked her tail under his chin. She liked him, and she liked his muscles. She sounded like such a girl..

"Must be." She said, her accent thick but her purr still hinting at the back of it.

"Follow me, and I will show you the pride, and maybe other tings.." She grinned, chuckled and turned to keep walking.  

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

[IC] Maestros Del Mar Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces