Sir Oswulf

Witty Healer

8,275 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:23 pm
Eltanin Sadachbia
I kinda wonder where you think she is headed with that statement Anon...

I mean... I am pretty sure I know exactly what law she is referring to in the Old Law, but I wonder what you think she is implying...

It doesn't really have anything to do with sexual orientation, but I think she is just pointing out that people seem to pick and choose from the Law what they will follow and what they won't.
You can't say you are obeying the Law if you only choose to follow "The Ten Commandments" but yet you refuse to acknowledge the other part s of the same Code of Laws...

I think we are very blessed to live in the New Covenant in which the Law has been fulfilled by Jesus Christ, ESPECIALLY since there is so much confusion between so many factions of Christians as to what was meant by some of the old Laws.

Now, the Law that we live by is that of Love, and because of that, we need only focus all of our might on caring and protecting one another, and if we do that, we will be doing what is right. Those who truly follow the Law of Love will automatically observe the Spirit in which the Old Law was bestowed.

ding ding ding. *note boldfaced*

Jesus pretty clearly stated that the greatest laws were:
1. love the lord with all your heart and soul and mind
2. love your neighbor as yourself.

demonizing the gay is a pretty poor excuse for loving one's neighbor as oneself.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:51 pm
Anon Aegis
Fiona Pond
[quote="Anon Aegis With Sodom and Guemorrah, sexual offenders etc etc etc... What else could it possibly mean?

No offense, but if you wish to avoid what is plainly there, then it doesn't make sense to continue this..

Yes, the people of Soddom and Gamorrah demanded that they be allowed to gang-rape angels. Clearly, this could not possibly refer to anything but homosexuality as gang-rape is perfectly acceptable behavior, to say nothing of the question of whether angels constitute a different species and that we're talking about an attack on AGENTS OF GOD.

Meanwhile, God would not allow anyone to misinterpret the bible or to have passages in the bible which could possibly be misinterpreted. We'd better reinstitute slavery before God gets too irate about our sinful abolition of the clearly biblicly-sanctioned practice.

Incidentally, you haven't eaten a cheeseburger have you? *tsk tsk, eternal damnation*

You appear to be the type that initiates nonsense. I know exactly where you're headed with that cheeseburger statement and refuse to take part in it... Sayonara.
Sorry, 'satire' and 'nonsense' are not synonyms. Don't blame me if the arguments you use look so ridiculous when better examined.

Incidentally, you were meant to know exactly where the cheeseburger statement was headed--which you should probably take as a complment because it implies an assumption of some biblical knowledge and awareness on your part.  

Sir Oswulf

Witty Healer

8,275 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:51 pm
Fiona Pond

demonizing the gay is a pretty poor excuse for loving one's neighbor as oneself.
I agree ... In the movie 3:10 to Yuma someone says "Every man believes he is right." I believe people have an issue because, that statement. It is hard to love thy neighbor, when thy neighbor is doing something you fully disagree with, and you know of it. To love doesn't mean to accept their habits/sexual orientation/football team/noodles/tool set/ whatever ... It means to accept they have the right to make the same choices you did/do, and they chose different. Some people have a hard time understanding that.

The thing as Christians we are to love all, and that is who we are to lead them to Christ. The bad rep we got comes from people taking their own understanding to the word all... and the bad things people have done in the name of Christ, but their deeds rang out hollow....

Sorry, Southern here... I didn't realize I was signed in as Glitter when I posted  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:58 pm
Anon Aegis

This is where this conversation ends... The Bible also says it's useless to argue/debate over it... So, this is where it ends.
May the ways of the world no longer blind you. God bless.  

rmcdra
Captain

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

Sir Oswulf

Witty Healer

8,275 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:59 pm
glitterboypilot

Sorry, Southern here... I didn't realize I was signed in as Glitter when I posted

No worries. I played a rogue scholar once. Spent more time with D&D, Marvel Super Heros & White Wolf though. And 7th Sea. 7th Sea makes me happy.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:05 pm
Fiona Pond
Eltanin Sadachbia
I kinda wonder where you think she is headed with that statement Anon...

I mean... I am pretty sure I know exactly what law she is referring to in the Old Law, but I wonder what you think she is implying...

It doesn't really have anything to do with sexual orientation, but I think she is just pointing out that people seem to pick and choose from the Law what they will follow and what they won't.
You can't say you are obeying the Law if you only choose to follow "The Ten Commandments" but yet you refuse to acknowledge the other part s of the same Code of Laws...

I think we are very blessed to live in the New Covenant in which the Law has been fulfilled by Jesus Christ, ESPECIALLY since there is so much confusion between so many factions of Christians as to what was meant by some of the old Laws.

Now, the Law that we live by is that of Love, and because of that, we need only focus all of our might on caring and protecting one another, and if we do that, we will be doing what is right. Those who truly follow the Law of Love will automatically observe the Spirit in which the Old Law was bestowed.

ding ding ding. *note boldfaced*

Amen.  

rmcdra
Captain

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

rmcdra
Captain

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:06 pm
glitterboypilot
Fiona Pond

I agree ... In the movie 3:10 to Yuma someone says "Every man believes he is right." I believe people have an issue because, that statement. It is hard to love thy neighbor, when thy neighbor is doing something you fully disagree with, and you know of it. To love doesn't mean to accept their habits/sexual orientation/football team/noodles/tool set/ whatever ... It means to accept they have the right to make the same choices you did/do, and they chose different. Some people have a hard time understanding that.

The thing as Christians we are to love all, and that is who we are to lead them to Christ. The bad rep we got comes from people taking their own understanding to the word all... and the bad things people have done in the name of Christ, but their deeds rang out hollow....

Thank you.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:06 pm
Fiona Pond
glitterboypilot

No worries. I played a rogue scholar once. Spent more time with D&D, Marvel Super Heros & White Wolf though. And 7th Sea. 7th Sea makes me happy.
Yay... fellow Christian Rper.. razz Though, I never heard of 7th sea... or Marvel. I stick mostly to D&D and Pathfinder.  

Southern Cross Nemesis

Southern Cross Nemesis

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:25 pm
rmcdra
glitterboypilot
Fiona Pond

Thank you.
your welcome  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:41 pm
Southern_cross_nemesis
Fiona Pond
glitterboypilot

Yay... fellow Christian Rper.. razz Though, I never heard of 7th sea... or Marvel. I stick mostly to D&D and Pathfinder.

Marvel was just a system based on the comic line. 7th Sea took Renaissance Europe and tweaked it.

Personally, I'd like to try out the new Dr. Who RPG though. The rules seem unusaually well focused on dissuading combat. Which actually fits Dr. Who thematically better than you would expect in an RPG.  

Sir Oswulf

Witty Healer

8,275 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Anon Aegis

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:19 pm
rmcdra
Anon Aegis

This is where this conversation ends... The Bible also says it's useless to argue/debate over it... So, this is where it ends.

Do not cast judgement upon me. You think you are holier than thou? Yet you see no more than the veil upon your face. We shall see in the end who is right, or rather... It wouldn't matter because we are too busy celebrating that we even made it over into heaven....

May I see you there... I shall not say "May the ways of the world no longer blind you" because flat out, that is rude not knowing whom is on the other side of the internet. So I shall leave with, "May God show you truth." because obviously the ball was dropped somewhere... Seek God, not your own foolish worldly intelligence on how and why or why not the Bible makes sense... Now... God bless you with his wisdom. Because no matter how many times you read the Bible it doesn't make you know anything more than the next person if God isn't showing you anything... End of Story.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:45 pm
Anon Aegis
rmcdra
Anon Aegis

Do not cast judgement upon me. You think you are holier than thou? Yet you see no more than the veil upon your face. We shall see in the end who is right, or rather... It wouldn't matter because we are too busy celebrating that we even made it over into heaven....
And you didn't cast judgment with your bolded comment?

Quote:
May I see you there... I shall not say "May the ways of the world no longer blind you" because flat out, that is rude not knowing whom is on the other side of the internet. So I shall leave with, "May God show you truth." because obviously the ball was dropped somewhere... Seek God, not your own foolish worldly intelligence on how and why or why not the Bible makes sense... Now... God bless you with his wisdom. Because no matter how many times you read the Bible it doesn't make you know anything more than the next person if God isn't showing you anything... End of Story.
And may God continue to shine his Light on your readings. Far better to read it in the Light of God than under the philosophies of man.  

rmcdra
Captain

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

Anon Aegis

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:47 pm
rmcdra
Anon Aegis
rmcdra
Anon Aegis

And you didn't cast judgment with your bolded comment?

Quote:

Not at all. I did not bold the statement in the original... If it was bold as in strong then no apologies... I merely said it was useless to argue over it. In no way did I judge,

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:07 pm
Anon Aegis

Not at all. I did not bold the statement in the original... If it was bold as in strong then no apologies... I merely said it was useless to argue over it. In no way did I judge,
I bolded it so you could see what I was referring to exactly. I accept your apology. I just found your remark a bit handwaving-ish, and instead of confronting why I take a particular stance, you basically just say that, "I'm wrong, end of story". If I am wrong or taking verses out of context, then I should be confronted so I don't lead others into error. If you are not up to doing this though, we can go our separate ways regarding this and not hold any grudges against each other.  

rmcdra
Captain

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

Prince Darialan

1,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:09 pm
Knowing what we know or rather what we think we know the bible is saying about anything, sometimes that leads us to judge others whether we realize it or not. It's best not to correct someone at times unless they're hurting someone else. Really, if you argue in a manner that is "this is fact" rather than "this is what I think or feel," then that leads us down a path of loathing.

It is said to love one another. Thus we cannot and will not "crack the whip" on someone who thinks differently. We call this tolerance. Something that many if not all of us lack in some big or small way. If loving one another is what is commanded of us, then we are all guilty and will always be guilty, because it is soooo hard to accept that someone can think differently than us. It is so easy for us to think "oh my my my my, they are so gross/sinful/lustful/greedy/." It is hard for one to separate "That is wrong" with "That person is a [title]" in our minds that it clouds are minds and spirits. I know so many that have a problem with this and that goes for me, too. We are all so guilty of this. Sometimes it's best we look at ourselves and see what it is we are doing.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff