Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:02 pm
The Adult Furries Guild Logo Contest!
We're old and wrinkly!

'Ello 'ello, everyone. AFG could use a face lift since the botox injections aren't doing it anymore. We're looking for a new logo to help revitalize our image. Be aware that the name of the guild will be changing back to Adult Furries Guild. Unless you feel you can create a better name, we would prefer the name be Adult Furries Guild.

So what's needed for an entry?

A Guild Logo
- No size requirements
- It can be drawn or otherwise made in traditional media
- It must at least have the guild acronym in it (AFG by default) if it does not have the full name spelled out.

-------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------

After enough entries are made, there will be a vote and contestants will win...
Prizes!

1st Place - One of two mystery boxes! You get to choose the "left" or "right" one. Contents are unknown.
2nd Place - Whichever box 1st place didn't choose.
3rd Place - A Pink Giftbox.

Box contents are a mystery even to me.

-------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------

Guidelines

• There are no limits on the number of entries.

• There are no color scheme requirements, but if you'd like a spring board the original color scheme involved purple hex code: #9300fa

• You can change the name of the guild from Adult Furries Guild in your entry, but please have a good reason for it. This means it can be Abstract Furries Guild, MadMaxx Furries, whatever.

• We want to stand out from the other guilds that use complex artwork as their logos. Please try to have something minimal. Here is a helpful set of links to get some ideas on logos and minimalism:

http://logopond.com/
http://www.logodesignlove.com/
http://www.logoblog.org/

"OMG, I can't do that!"
Relax, we're not looking for highly paid professional logos here. We'd love it if you could, but that's not expected. We're only looking for something simple. Please don't intentionally copy other logos however.

• Please note that your entry will be modified for use in images as small as 200 x 40 px. The winner, if it is drawn traditionally, will have their entry digitized and I will work with them to create a final image for use in banners and signatures.

Feel free to ask any questions! heart

Current Entries

- Zuri-Kai

- Zella L.

- Garek Maxwell  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:57 pm
Thinking I'll give this one a go.  

Zella L.

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:18 am
Zella L.
Thinking I'll give this one a go.

YES! Thank you! I was worried this was just going to be me posting the one idea I had and then that's it. sad

I want others to have ideas and participate too. I know y'all can do great things! crying  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:16 pm
I'll give it a shot, but I warn you, the only program my comp has is the basic art one.  

Pent and Ten

Moonlight Shapeshifter

Jammer2omega

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:01 pm
Hmmm. I'll take a whack at it. Photoshop CS2 ftw!  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:13 pm
Ooh, fantastic. I haven't done a logo job in a long time, I've gotten out of practice. I'll post something once I have it (some?) done. :3  

Zuri-kai

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

The Laziest Czar

6,100 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:53 pm
Even On The Night Of The Apocalypse......

It'll be done in a few hours.
PS5 and Gimp, ftw.
Everybodys an Optimist......

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:02 am
Northe

PS5 and Gimp, ftw.

Showoff XP j/k  

Jammer2omega

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:04 pm
Pent and Ten
I'll give it a shot, but I warn you, the only program my comp has is the basic art one.

It's fine, it's not about super high professional quality ideas, but the ideas themselves. 3nodding You could also draw it out too, if you preferred.

Zuri-kai
Ooh, fantastic. I haven't done a logo job in a long time, I've gotten out of practice. I'll post something once I have it (some?) done. :3

Multiple entries are okay! And I can't wait to see what ya' have planned. :3

Northe

PS5 and Gimp, ftw.

Isn't it redundant to have both at that point? xd
Speaking of which...

---------------------- ---------------------- ---------------------- ---------------------- ----------------------

If anyone is interested, here are two links to sites with free alternatives to software you need to purchase like Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator. They both handle different kinds of art. If you're not sure what vectors and bitmaps mean, the basic rundown is that bitmaps work with pixels (tiny squares) while vectors work with math (you don't need to know any). Both have their strengths and weaknesses.

http://sixrevisions.com/graphics-design/10-excellent-open-source-and-free-alternatives-to-photoshop/

http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/12/05/20-vector-graphic-editors-reviewed/  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:15 pm
Northe

PS5 and Gimp, ftw.

Lol *hi-fives* Photoshop users FTW! ^.^

EDIT: Alright. My first entry is done. (I had some fun with this. ^^)
I'm not sure if you want a direct link or an image so I'll just put the img in here for now. If you want it the other way I'll change it. :3

User Image  

Zuri-kai

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

Pent and Ten

Moonlight Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:13 am
Well, I have an idea now, but calling my art skills "limited" is being generous, so i'll just walk you through it.

I was thinking using the -sonas of our members (with permission of course) to hold up the letters of our name, each -sona gets one (maybe two).

The only issue is we'd either have to do the whole name (which is big and we only have so many members) or the annigram and only two members (which I feel isn't enough).  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:39 am
Garek Maxwell
Pent and Ten

It's fine, it's not about super high professional quality ideas, but the ideas themselves. 3nodding You could also draw it out too, if you preferred.

Zuri-kai

Multiple entries are okay! And I can't wait to see what ya' have planned. :3

Northe

PS5 and Gimp, ftw.

Isn't it redundant to have both at that point? xd
Speaking of which...

---------------------- ---------------------- ---------------------- ---------------------- ----------------------

If anyone is interested, here are two links to sites with free alternatives to software you need to purchase like Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator. They both handle different kinds of art. If you're not sure what vectors and bitmaps mean, the basic rundown is that bitmaps work with pixels (tiny squares) while vectors work with math (you don't need to know any). Both have their strengths and weaknesses.

http://sixrevisions.com/graphics-design/10-excellent-open-source-and-free-alternatives-to-photoshop/

http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/12/05/20-vector-graphic-editors-reviewed/

Actually, no. You see, they can each only do so much
I run my graphics through a total of seven programs, to assure they'll be ********' epic.

The Laziest Czar

6,100 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:37 pm
Zuri-kai

EDIT: Alright. My first entry is done. (I had some fun with this. ^^)
I'm not sure if you want a direct link or an image so I'll just put the img in here for now. If you want it the other way I'll change it. :3

I'm fine with anyone showing the image. 3nodding
I would be worried if it was several thousand pixels by several thousand, but it's not. razz

Pent and Ten
Well, I have an idea now, but calling my art skills "limited" is being generous, so i'll just walk you through it.

I was thinking using the -sonas of our members (with permission of course) to hold up the letters of our name, each -sona gets one (maybe two).

The only issue is we'd either have to do the whole name (which is big and we only have so many members) or the annigram and only two members (which I feel isn't enough).

Not to dash your idea, but you'd also have to pick who'd be included and some may feel excluded. You also have people who may not stay with the guild in a month or two.

I'd recommend keeping them generic rather than as specific people to help make sure the logo will work for a longer period of time. Otherwise, it's not a bad idea.

Northe

I run my graphics through a total of seven programs, to assure they'll be ********' epic.

I'm pretty sure anything gimp can do you can do in photoshop, but I could be wrong. sweatdrop
Though programs like Corel (and Sai, I think?) are a different story. Those try to imitate tradition media so they're very different from photoshop.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:01 pm
Oooo, this could be just the thing to get me out of my massive art slump. I'm on it! X3  

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

Zuri-kai

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:18 pm
Garek Maxwell

Northe

I'm pretty sure anything gimp can do you can do in photoshop, but I could be wrong. sweatdrop
Though programs like Corel (and Sai, I think?) are a different story. Those try to imitate tradition media so they're very different from photoshop.

Yeah, sorry but Gimp and Photoshop are incomparable. GImp is at best 2/10ths of what Photoshop CS[x] is. Believe you me. I tried gimp back when I didn't have access to PS...let's just say that computer was lucky it belonged to the school or it'd be history.

True here though. Corel, SAI and OpenCanvas all try to imitate traditional media. Though in some regards I think SAI can get pretty close, as it has vector, as well as raster capabilites, and may of the tools are similar in function, differing only in how you control their settings. (I'm still working out a lot of the finer points of SAI).

As for the logo images, that's good. I always design my images at at least 2000 x 2000 pixels, but I shrunk this one down for posting it here. sweatdrop  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff