Welcome to Gaia! ::

Japanese Academy

Back to Guilds

A virtual classroom where beginners can learn to read and write Japanese. New students welcome! 

Tags: Japanese, Academy, Japan, Learn, School 

Reply After School - General Discussion
Back to School (2011)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Starry Starry Fright
Captain

Quotable Lunatic

8,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:57 pm
Looks like it's time to head back to school again! I start my 2nd year of university on the 7th... just bought my books today; 2 textbooks cost me $333... I'm scared to buy the last half of my books for the term... urgh. razz

How about you guys? Headed back to school? What are you taking?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:32 pm
For the first time ever, I'm on the other side of things! I taught my first ever lessons on Wednesday. I taught my first elementary school lessons on Friday and boy are the kids cute!

How's the bookstore looking? I know they were doing some rearranging this summer.  

Kai Shi
Crew

7,850 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Starry Starry Fright
Captain

Quotable Lunatic

8,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:43 am
Kai Shi
For the first time ever, I'm on the other side of things! I taught my first ever lessons on Wednesday. I taught my first elementary school lessons on Friday and boy are the kids cute!

How's the bookstore looking? I know they were doing some rearranging this summer.

Congrats! Where are you teaching? In St. Albert?

... they've converted the former clothing store into an Apple/Tech store, so the rest of the bookstore looks like someone barfed up merchandise racks all over the place. Delightful choice, U of A.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:56 am
Starry Starry Fright
Kai Shi

Congrats! Where are you teaching? In St. Albert?

... they've converted the former clothing store into an Apple/Tech store, so the rest of the bookstore looks like someone barfed up merchandise racks all over the place. Delightful choice, U of A.

Nope, teaching English in Japan~!

Yeah I was still around for that... They moved the medical books into the former microstore area downstairs which freed up a bit of shelf space for the rest of the subjects.  

Kai Shi
Crew

7,850 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Escasriet

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:58 pm
Since I major in Microbiology at my university, I'm mainly taking the next set of science courses for me. Luckily, I still use the same books as last semester since we only gone through half of the chapters then and going through the rest this time around. Other wise I would have spent more than 500 dollars on new science books plus textbooks for other courses.

My sociology class is pretty interesting. We're doing a project where we have to "challenge" a norm. One group is going to have a pinic in a elevator, that would piss some people off but so fun to do xd My group is doing a project that just might kill me. I volunteered to dress in all winter clothes, as in dressing for a blizzard, and go work out for 5-10 minutes at the Rec Center on campus.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:29 pm
I'm going into my senior year in high school this year. That means more challenges in my performing arts class and having yelling matches in different languages during lunch. I'm so excited for this year, I have Trans Psych and my performing arts class is doing Aida for our big musical this year, goodness gracious that is going to be so much fun. I'm just excited about being a senior and seeing my awesome friends that I haven't seen in months, maybe razz some of the level oners in my theatre class, not really, just talk to them. Maybe I can practice what I learned here with my friends at school. ^_^ I have a feeling that this year is going to be great! Class of 2012 is going to be crazy at my school... We are ranked the most immature unfortunately but we have some brilliant people in our grade, hopefully I get straight A's this year so I don't have to take my finals or midterms. I ramble a lot... Sumimasen. -scratches back of head sheepishly-  

Vender For Life Duh

6,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
After School - General Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items