Mademoiselle Alvinette

Vice Captain

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:09 pm
I'm starting this topic because I'm kind of curious about Alchemy, but I'm not sure if I actually want to spend the time, energy, and gold on it, and I wanted to see what everybody here thinks. So...anyone interested?

What do all of you think about Gaia's new Alchemy feature? Are any of you using it, or planning to in the future? Do you think it will be worth the gold you have to spend on the formula and everything you have to acquire to make an item, or would you rather just save your gold and buy the desired item in the Marketplace?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:14 pm
I've used alchemy once on Gaia, but that was only to make an item from the free game items given during the piehard event. It was a butt collecting them as they only rarely appeared, but I got a guitar out of it. biggrin

I haven't tried any of the recipes from the shops though. The reason is that it costs more to buy the ingredients than to buy item you're making. I know that you're supposed to be making a loss at first to build your alchemy skills for later so you can make super cool items like the Ian Companion, but I think I would rather just buy it from the marketplace than waste a fortune at leveling up.  

LilChibiusa
Captain

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Elocutionist 200

Mademoiselle Alvinette

Vice Captain

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:18 pm
Yeah, it doesn't seem very economical. Maybe it's more of a "status" thing, I dunno. At first it seemed kind of cool, so I claimed my free starter kit, but I haven't used it even once! blaugh I'm like you; I'd rather just use my gold directly on the items I actually WANT instead of spending even more to try to "make" them. I wonder if there's some kind of reward later on down the line for leveling up in Alchemy, kind of like how they keep hinting at an eventual reward for getting a bunch of Achievements.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:57 pm
Mademoiselle Alvinette
Yeah, it doesn't seem very economical. Maybe it's more of a "status" thing, I dunno. At first it seemed kind of cool, so I claimed my free starter kit, but I haven't used it even once! blaugh I'm like you; I'd rather just use my gold directly on the items I actually WANT instead of spending even more to try to "make" them. I wonder if there's some kind of reward later on down the line for leveling up in Alchemy, kind of like how they keep hinting at an eventual reward for getting a bunch of Achievements.

A reward for all of those achievements would be nice. xd  

LilChibiusa
Captain

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Elocutionist 200

Mademoiselle Alvinette

Vice Captain

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:01 pm
That would be nice! I don't even have that many achievement points (just 4600) because I usually don't actively go after achievements, but I wonder what kind of rewards they might introduce for achievements and whether there would be a progressive system where each time you get a certain number of points, you get a bigger and bigger reward.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:42 pm
I am currently Level 2 in Alchemy, which means I can make any L1 or L2 formula. I will most likely go higher but right now I am waiting as there are a lot of still unreleased ingredients, including something I need for a L1 formula that I really want to make. >.<

Right now it looks like I can get skill points off L1 and L2 formula still so if someone wants something made that is either of those, I'm willing to cover the gold cost for making it so long as the success rate isn't Low or Very Low if the person wants to get all of the other stuff.  

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Ye Olde Lobby

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items