Is it a were item?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jellykans

Playful Guildswoman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:19 am
There may be a thread that answers this questio, but I can't figure it out without going through all of them.

I do not understand why Kelp o' the Loch (mermaid) and Mini-UFO (it's an equippable vehicle) are considered I Am's but Oisin's, Zebra Sukutai, and Sphinx (centaur, zebratar, and sphinx) are not. Is it how the item interacts with other items?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:19 am
jellykans
There may be a thread that answers this questio, but I can't figure it out without going through all of them.

I do not understand why Kelp o' the Loch (mermaid) and Mini-UFO (it's an equippable vehicle) are considered I Am's but Oisin's, Zebra Sukutai, and Sphinx (centaur, zebratar, and sphinx) are not. Is it how the item interacts with other items?

I actually can't find any Kelp o' th' Loch (mermaid) pose, and so far, Kelp o' th' Loch doesn't seem to have any "I am" poses.

All of the other items you mentioned only alter the bottom half of your avatar, and a Were-Item/"I am" item needs to be able to completely change your avatar so you can't see any of it.

Kangit
Q: What is an "I am" item / Were-Item?

A: A Were-Item, or "I am" item, is an item that has a pose (frequently labeled as I am (something), You are (something), etc.) that can make your normal human (or potion-altered) avatar disappear entirely, and replace it with the "I am" pose's form. Which means, if anyone else is using the same "I am" pose that you are, they should look exactly the same as you, even if your avatar's eyes, hair, skin, etc. are different (assuming you're not using one of the item poses that can be seen with a Were-Item, which would be in the background).

Kangit
Captain

High-functioning Shapeshifter

jellykans

Playful Guildswoman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:46 am
Kangit
jellykans

I actually can't find any Kelp o' th' Loch (mermaid) pose, and so far, Kelp o' th' Loch doesn't seem to have any "I am" poses.

All of the other items you mentioned only alter the bottom half of your avatar, and a Were-Item/"I am" item needs to be able to completely change your avatar so you can't see any of it.

Kangit

A: A Were-Item, or "I am" item, is an item that has a pose (frequently labeled as I am (something), You are (something), etc.) that can make your normal human (or potion-altered) avatar disappear entirely, and replace it with the "I am" pose's form. Which means, if anyone else is using the same "I am" pose that you are, they should look exactly the same as you, even if your avatar's eyes, hair, skin, etc. are different (assuming you're not using one of the item poses that can be seen with a Were-Item, which would be in the background).

Kelp - bottom row (8th), right half - all mermaids or half-serpents.

If none of those are considered were-items, it all makes sense to me. Thank you.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:05 pm
jellykans
Kangit
jellykans

Kangit

Kelp - bottom row (8th), right half - all mermaids or half-serpents.

If none of those are considered were-items, it all makes sense to me. Thank you.

If you hover over the poses in the Marketplace, they're labeled as lake monster tails.

And you're welcome. 3nodding  

Kangit
Captain

High-functioning Shapeshifter

Were-Item Questions & Answers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out