Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:52 pm
User Image

Mimo paced back and forth nervously, between her den and the dried up remains of a watering hole. It wasn't a welcome sight, but a grim reminder of what awaited a possible outcome of her current dilemma. A time of rogue swap had been declared across the pride, and now more than ever Mimo was out to prove she was an independent female, more than capable of taking care of herself and others.

But her resolve had hit a snag, and it was a big one. Just as she had begun to imagine herself as a Mother, the worries began to kick in. Could she do this alone, would she be in over her head? No, she had her Mother, but did she really want Dina's help? Not only would she be a doting Grandmother, but she'd be an even more nagging mother.

Mimo sighed heavily to herself as she shook the insects away from her face in irritation. Her Mother should have been here by now, and yet the barren area around her was empty, no familiar sounds or smells. The one time Mimo actually wanted her Mother's nagging words, and sharp suggestive tones and she was nowhere to be found.

This was going to be a long wait.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:27 am
User Image If it hadn't been for that blasted buzzard Bora, the lioness would have already been by Mimo's side ready to shower her with careful urging and the advice that she just had to let her daughter know. The excitement of the conversation was rushing through her mind, it wasn't every day her daughter summoned her for a private chat, so on these extremely rare occasions Dina like to think out her words ahead of time. Of course, that also meant knowing which assortment of tone and pronunciation would hold the greatest weight when it came to pushing 'gently' in the right direction. As for the subject matter? Well, she wasn't sure just what Mimo had in mind, but Dina was happy to help no matter the situation.

She would have been there already, too, but that vulture just had to open its beak about tagging along! Honestly! That cranky know-it-all bird seemed to have no reserves about arguing for moments on end, and Dina was lucky to have slipped out of the conversation without the urge to strangle the poor scrawny thing till it could squawk no more. Unfortunately, Bora was an asset she was now stuck with, even if the lioness was having second thoughts about her choice.

Her pace quickened as she neared the bank she was expected to meet Mimo at, and at the sight of the familiar coat broke into a brisk lope to quickly eat up the distance between them. Dust would have been every which way, if it hadn't been for the slight wind that carried it behind her, and thus away from her daughter. It wouldn't have been a good start to the conversation had she kicked dust into the eyes of her beloved Mimo sinu. "Ah, Mimo! I got here as soon as circumstance would allow, are you alright?" It hadn't occurred to Dina earlier that her daughter might have had some form of bad news to share with her, but now the thought quickly swept through her mind. Though the mother gave a reflexive smack of her lips, containing herself from blurting out 'What trouble have you gotten yourself into this time?"... but just barely.

Jovi of Shadows

Dangerous Decorator

7,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Team Jacob 100

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:28 pm
A quick look into the distance, and she could tell her Mother was quickly closing the gap. With a closer look, and a vast knowledge of her Mother's personality, and she could tell her Mother must be thinking trouble - danger - impending doom. The thought left Mimo chuckling to herself, just as her Mother reared herself to a halt in front of her daughter, luckily allowing the wind to flow in an alternate direction.

Her chuckle fit, having now swallowed her will power, echoed across the barren lands, and even managed to inhale a bit of the dust, which caused her fit to come to a complete halt replacing itself with coughing. As she tried to regain her composure, Mimo shook her head slightly in respect to her question, and quickly came to regret it. No, she wasn't really in trouble, but in the same sense perhaps she was? She was in a moral dilemma and given her new found closeness with her Mother, naturally she was her first choice in an ear to talk into.

"I'm fine Mom...." Mimo let out another cough, before looking down at her Mom's belly. It was slightly swollen, a sign of the near future's fate. The sight gave the lioness chill bumps, and she quickly averted her eyes. "I think you should really be more worried about yourself at this point." Pacing. She had to pace, the sight of her Mother's belly had taken her for a loop. Inhaling her breath the lioness began to make paces around Dina, all the while fully aware that her Mother would pick up on her nervous tells.

"But in answer to your question, I can't really say for sure. I'm stuck Mom, and I think I might need your help in getting out of the hole." An odd response indeed, but at the given moment this was all the lioness could pull together.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:13 am
Oh goodness. Dina prided herself on being able to read most anyone when they had fallen on hard times, obviously that's how she knew they needed a good talking too. But Mimo wasn't hiding any of it. Her nervousness seemed to almost manifest itself onto her daughter with every pacing step, leaving little cause to calm Dina's nerves despite Mimo's insistence of not being in trouble. Her words also did little to soothe the mother's growing concern. Ears flipped forward on high alert, Dina watched and listened until she could no longer take the pacing, nor the vague explanations.

Finally the lioness stepped forward to block Mimo's path of pacing, lightly bumping her daughter's cheek with her nose in order to gently grab her attention. "Its alright. You can take your time telling me what's going on", she spoke softly, yet firmly. "I'm here to help." It wasn't often that her now grown daughter came to her for advice, and that coupled with the very vague sentences she had gotten so far was enough to flick Dina into a sort of calm frenzy. She had to know what was going on, but the lioness also realized the delicacy of the situation, and thus had kept herself from berating her daughter with question. Though at this point, that might have been a more expedient option.

She had hardly noticed the comment about her own need to take of herself, and hadn't pieced together the aversion to swollen abdomen, thus Dina was at a loss for what may be troubling her own child. Perhaps hyper alert meant missing the fine details about one's self, and ignoring any personal information no matter how obvious. Settling herself onto her haunches, the lioness awaited her response; though, every second of silence ate at her worry. Patience was not an easy thing while thinking your daughter in some sort of trouble, and unconsciously tapping the tip of her tail showed it.

Jovi of Shadows

Dangerous Decorator

7,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Team Jacob 100
[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items