Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Ulili-Mlindaji Lands [IC]
[JRP] Longing for Family (Setia'Satu and Naja)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:48 pm
So this was to be her new home. Setia'Satu wasn't quite sure what to think of it yet. The purple wild dog had only recently made the decision to settle in these lands, and as much as she told herself that this was home, it... didn't really feel that way just yet. It was lacking the keystone of what made a home, for her - the feel and closeness of family. Perhaps, with time, she could form a new family within this place, maybe even have pups of her own one day.

Until that point, the most she could do was reach out to others and try to make them feel welcome, to make them feel as accepted as she hoped that she would be. At least this was a peaceful, almost gentle location, so very unlike the harsh rogue lands she had grown up in. Setia sighed a little and glanced around again, idly hoping in vain that she would catch a glimpse of purple or blue, a flash of familiar fur. Oh, how she missed her family, her brothers and sisters and her parents.

But they were all gone now, for quite some time at that. Off on their own journeys, some lost to death... ah, but enough moping around! She would never form a new family if she moped all the time! With that thought in mind, the multicolored female decided to do a little walking around, to see if perhaps she could meet some other residents of these lands. It was only polite to try and know everyone, at least by name if no more!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:37 pm
User ImageNaja was taking a break from her duties. This was rare enough for the large, muscular lioness. It was rarer still for her to actually approach a face she didn't recognize. Naja usually kept to her self, more often than not pursuing her duties as a shifter within the pride.

Catching sight of the dog wandering around the pride with no destination in particular. She wasn't a dog that Naja recognized, and so perhaps there was a visitor to the pride in need of a guide.

"Hey," Naja called out gruffly, stepping in front of the wild dog, "You lost?"  

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:50 pm
Setia jumped, startled by the lioness who had just steppedd in front of her, but then smiled brightly, wagging her tail a little. "Oh, hello there," she said, her tone cheerful and excited. "No, I'm not lost, I just... well, I've only come to live here recently, and I haven't had the chance to meet anyone yet." She cocked her head a little, and smiled again, her eyes sparkling. Already she had the chance to meet someone new; whether she could grow close to them or not she didn't know yet, but there was no point in not trying!

"I'm Setia'Satu, but you can just call me Setia. It's very nice to meet you, miss...?"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:09 pm
Naja narrowed those silver eyes of hers and jutted out her lower lip in a very contemplative expression. "No miss. Just Naja." Wow, how charming, Naja. Making friends was not obviously one of Naja's strong points, that was certain.

"I was born here so I didn't have to get to know anyone," she said matter-of-factly, and while it wasn't completely true, that didn't phase the lioness. "I have my ma Pumzi and my half-ma Sutala, but they aren't like..." her face scrunched up as she searched for proper words, "...married or nothin'. I just have two ma's."

Clearing her throat, Naja's nose wrinkled slightly as she asked, "What do you do 'round here? You got a job yet?"  

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:16 pm
Setia smiled, not at all fazed by the lioness' brusque words. "Well then, it's nice to meet you Naja!" she said, and bobbed her head happily. "And two mothers? That must be nice; I have a mother and a father, but I'd imagine you're very lucky to have two mothers." Though her words sounded a bit silly, the wild dog was completely sincere in her sentiment. Family was a treasure and a blessing, whatever form it took.

"Ah, as for a job... I'm to be a Keeper. What is it that you do, if it's okay to ask?"

[IC] Ulili-Mlindaji Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games