Welcome to Gaia! ::

Angel's Charity

Back to Guilds

Giving gold and items to gaians in need 

Tags: Charity, Quests, Free, Gold, Items 

Reply Angel's Charity
Anyone have a stance on Vocaloid or Alice In Wonderland?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ourshiningstarz

Mewling Cutie-Pie

11,450 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:59 am

I felt out of place starting a new random topic in the chat room...is it ok if I make this? Well if not I'm sorry, someone please take it down... crying

But if it stays and anyone wants to, is anyone in the guild interested in either of the above? =)

I wanna know if anyone likes vocaloid, and what their stance is on certain characters and fanmades (well known ones) and mostly pairings. xd

Alice too, like why they like it, versions or stuff based on it (like I'm reading this book called Looking Glass Wars based off it, but kinda like an AU) or anything. =)

Oh, and if I disappear on posting (whether it says I'm on/offline) it means I can't be on gaia at the time. -_- but I will respond eventually.

Happy discussing. =)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:10 am
I dislike vocaloid to be honest. I don't like it and I don't understand why other people like it.
Alice in Wonderland is pretty interesting. I like it because it the most creative thing I've ever seen. I remember being younger and watching that practically the whole way though without blinking, being amazed by the colors and the sounds of the whole thing. Just staring in awe at the many different things that appear in the movies and all of the such.
Dancing flowers, Smoking caterpillars, A magical cat, A assistant rabbit who's late, a insane hatter, a tea loving rabbit, a drunken rat, all ruled by a tyrant queen.
It's a real trip for me. I love it and everything inspired from it. Like this video.
]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAwR6w2TgxY

Naxts
Crew

ourshiningstarz

Mewling Cutie-Pie

11,450 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:25 am
Naxts_The_Demon
I dislike vocaloid to be honest. I don't like it and I don't understand why other people like it.
Alice in Wonderland is pretty interesting. I like it because it the most creative thing I've ever seen. I remember being younger and watching that practically the whole way though without blinking, being amazed by the colors and the sounds of the whole thing. Just staring in awe at the many different things that appear in the movies and all of the such.
Dancing flowers, Smoking caterpillars, A magical cat, A assistant rabbit who's late, a insane hatter, a tea loving rabbit, a drunken rat, all ruled by a tyrant queen.
It's a real trip for me. I love it and everything inspired from it. Like this video.

Well, it's an interesting concept that you can make a voice sing a song for you on a computer, and that the mascots can play any role you want them to, but that doesn't appeal to everyone, and I believe that nothing can ever really appeal to EVERYONE. (especially Vocaloid cause I admit, it can sound/be strange sometimes, even outright terrible.) But I respect you went out there and stated frankly. =)

Oh gosh me too. The creativity alone is a work of genius, there are millions of completely different pieces that I don't even know the words to praise it correctly in accordance to what I think. I love the colors and the dreamy air, each character is a unique genius concept, and it's really a world I love to visit in my thoughts. So I guess it's a real trip for me too. (and I didn't even realize that xp )

The video was great by the way. =)  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:48 am
ourshiningstarz
Naxts_The_Demon

Well, it's an interesting concept that you can make a voice sing a song for you on a computer, and that the mascots can play any role you want them to, but that doesn't appeal to everyone, and I believe that nothing can ever really appeal to EVERYONE. (especially Vocaloid cause I admit, it can sound/be strange sometimes, even outright terrible.) But I respect you went out there and stated frankly. =)

Oh gosh me too. The creativity alone is a work of genius, there are millions of completely different pieces that I don't even know the words to praise it correctly in accordance to what I think. I love the colors and the dreamy air, each character is a unique genius concept, and it's really a world I love to visit in my thoughts. So I guess it's a real trip for me too. (and I didn't even realize that xp )

The video was great by the way. =)
Some of the songs I've heard from them aren't bad. I've heard like one or two that I actually really liked. Though it'll never change the fact just how unnatural it feels to listen to it. I hear a voice, but I know that I'm actually listening to a machine that somebody tuned like a voice. The thought of a voice being played like an instrument, just doesn't seem right. I have no problem with people liking it though, Just cause I don't get it, doesn't mean I hate it.

And Alice really is quite a masterpiece, Because of how whimsical and carefree it is. Pretty much anything that the mind can come up with just happens here. I don't like the remake they made last year, it was just simply too dark for me. I don't really like that one series of Alice in Wonderland games where it's incredible violent and Gothic.

Naxts
Crew

Yeah You Know O_o

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:20 pm
Hi

Vocaloid is alright I like the song "Alice Human Sacrife.",
I like Alice in Wonderland. Tim Burton's version was awesome, I also like the American Mcgee's Alice, & Madness Returns games. The Hatter is one of my fav characters.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:59 pm
You're right it is pretty unnatural. O_o sometimes I can get over that, sometimes I can't. But my little obsession with it is really all based on the characters and the relationships I like to place them in, especially when it comes to the song plots. Like some songs I honestly don't like but the plots and stories I do. So it's really just like a...mini-manga obsession? Psudo-manga obsession? I dunno. X)

And I love Alice Human Sacrifice. =)

Now on the topic of the Alice movie and games, I can only say I like it cause I'm into that kinda stuff. (dark, victorian gothic, twisted and bizarre themes meshed together)

I can honestly say I think the movie was pretty good and that I love the plotline of the games. The story and concept design to me is amazing.

BUT, there are times where I only want the whimsical, innocence and dreamy Alice, and I want nothing to do with dark things and I cringe away in horror like a child wishing to escape the grotesque twisted world. At those times where I want the innocently unreal escape, I feel like any dark undertones shouldn't exist at all to taint this happy content world.

I guess it all depends on what mood I'm in for it, but most of the time my feelings are in equillibrium, and I favor each side as much as the other.  

ourshiningstarz

Mewling Cutie-Pie

11,450 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Vdoom

5,300 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:50 am
ourshiningstarz

I felt out of place starting a new random topic in the chat room...is it ok if I make this? Well if not I'm sorry, someone please take it down... crying

But if it stays and anyone wants to, is anyone in the guild interested in either of the above? =)

I wanna know if anyone likes vocaloid, and what their stance is on certain characters and fanmades (well known ones) and mostly pairings. xd

Alice too, like why they like it, versions or stuff based on it (like I'm reading this book called Looking Glass Wars based off it, but kinda like an AU) or anything. =)

Oh, and if I disappear on posting (whether it says I'm on/offline) it means I can't be on gaia at the time. -_- but I will respond eventually.

Happy discussing. =)

I absolutely loved the Looking Glass Wars books, they are just completely awesome. I read all of them in less than a week, they are amazing. xd xd  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:18 pm
I'M FINALLY BACK. scream

YEEEEERRRRRSSSSSHHHH.

I'm so sorry I left this thread all by itself. X(

I love the books too! xd honestly I didn't think I would at first cause sci-fi doesn't usually conform to my tastes because it's serious, BUT MANZZZ this book is different! It's pretty brilliant and detailed, I can't even put my feelings into words. But then I can't really accurately describe anything I feel passionate about. xd

ourshiningstarz

Mewling Cutie-Pie

11,450 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Angel's Charity

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items