Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[E] The Creeping Venom (Abbie the Gigginox) - APPROVED Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Grey Dragon
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:33 pm
AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

Name: Abiteth (meaning to devour or bite)
Nicknames: Abbie

Faction: Monster
Race: Gigginox (Officially: Cave Wyvern)

Natural Ability: The underside of a gigginox's body is made to cling to surfaces, and in human form the hands and feet retain this property.

As a Gigginox: It is completely blind in a traditional sense, although it is able to sense heat patterns. In regular environments it is able to function as well as a sighted person, but it's acuity is better in the cold, and poorer in hot areas. It runs into the most trouble when it comes to the act of reading and writing, but it is able to read both braille and regular print, when the print is 'visible' to either it's heat-sense or fingers.

Personality: A bit of a creeper. Not entirely by choice, many kids it's age have been rather put off by it's habit of wandering through dark areas like broad moonlight, and the persistent sinus trouble that makes it a mouth-breather of the worst sort. And having a child like that on the ceiling of a dark room is just... not... appealing. So it's often a loner, a little awkward around others, and quick to take a hint and leave when it feels it's not wanted. But it's not a tragic victim of a cruel childhood either. Often it can't hear itself think if there are too many people around, not to mention it can get confused in a heated environment, so it simply prefers the company of one or two good friends over a crowded party.

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy? Creep creep creep... Lots of warm things. (But really, it thinks one of it's friends was being sent to this school, and it wanted more than to be left behind in the frozen wastes.)

FEAR Ability: Spitting exploding balls of poison. 'Nuff said. (Battle Cry)

Physical Description: It is on the female side of androgynous, average height with a slight build. Certainly not gifted in the chest department. It has a big, wide grin, full of teeth that are pointy and shark-like. When it opens it's mouth real wide, you can see that they circle all the way around the inside of it's mouth, instead of following the jawline. It seems to have multiple rows of teeth.

Eye Colour: Visible irises that are white, like the sclera. It has vibrant magenta markings on it's eyelids rather like eyeshadow.
Hair Colour/Style: Pale pale pale, like it's skin, with the faintest green hue. This sort of short style.
Skin Colour: Pale, pale skin, with a slight translucency to it. It has a deep blood red underbelly, that extends up to it's lower jaw.
Clothing Style/Colours: (Undecided... White with red accents?)
Extra: It has a large, paddle-like tail, with two vibrant magenta 'eye spots' on the upper surface towards the tip. The underside of it's tail is red like it's belly. It has a pair of old, faded scars on it's right arm, one jagged line on it's wrist and another above it's elbow. These are faint, and barely visible when not in it's natural form.
References: (Gigginox) (More Gigginox)

History and Species:

The gigginox are a race of tundra-dwelling wyverns, living in freezing caves alongside the nomadic barioth species. During the winter months they shelter in from the harshest storms, while mining valuable ores, sewing winter clothing, and generally producing goods in preparation for the arrival of the barioth in the summer months. During the months the larger, bulkier pseudo-wyverns stay, they trade, catch up on current events in the world, and spend time with friends before the barioth travel back south with their wares.

Abbie was fortunate to grow up alongside a barioth of a similar age, and every summer they went wandering as far as they could in search of adventure. The barioth had the strength and courage to do things, whereas Abbie constantly expressed a curiosity for the wild world. Their ventures often got them into trouble, but it was forgivable by their elders until the day of the attack... Abbie was hurt by the giant ice beast that ambushed the young pair, and nearly lost it's ability to fly. It was forbidden from ever seeing it's friend again.

Years later, the barioth tribe returned to visit, but it's friend was not with them. Rumours were that the young barioth had been sent to a school, to learn about the world. Abbie was instantly struck with the desire to go there too, and experience more than the caves it grew up in.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:34 pm
Open for thoughts and crits! Still lots of work needs to be done here, but things like clothing/hair styles are very much undecided. <3  

Grey Dragon
Crew

danse-hexe
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:02 am
WEAR TORCHES

DO IT

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:40 pm
danse-hexe
WEAR TORCHES

DO IT

NO U

>O  

Grey Dragon
Crew

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:45 am
Abbiiiieeee crying I wants more Boozle/Abbie rp!

Does it have any hobbies? Other than creeping? What is it interested in learning most in school, its favorite classes? What WAS its life like before school? Does its family approve of it going? Er, does it HAVE a family?

Can Boozle have its email?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:53 am

I love this. Don't mind me. Just creeping at the creeper.
All I can suggest is. What preset will its FEAR follow? That would be the cherry to this sundae <3 yss.

Saliru

Cluttered Hunter

prolixity
Crew

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:15 am
How does it approach people in general? Is it shy or friendly, or something else? Does it have any habits of behavior or speech?

(do want)  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:31 am
Ice Queen
Abbiiiieeee crying I wants more Boozle/Abbie rp!

Does it have any hobbies? Other than creeping? What is it interested in learning most in school, its favorite classes? What WAS its life like before school? Does its family approve of it going? Er, does it HAVE a family?

Can Boozle have its email?

For hobbies, it likes stalking things. It makes it feel somewhat nostalgic for home, but it hasn't quite gotten the hang of stalking in it's human form, or through trees when it's natural habitat is caves. XD It also likes sports, but it doesn't know that yet. =3 It has an innocent appreciation for activities that don't happen back at home, and unlike videogames, it can actually see the players moving.

It's not really enthusiastic about any classes so far, it's motivation for coming to school was a friend who moved away, leaving it mostly just... there by itself. It had other gigginox it lived with, and other monsters in the area, but the tundra was a hard place to survive and it wanted more than simply survival. It's ... family group finds it an interesting turn of events and supports it in a casual, almost humouring way.

And if it finds a way to use a computer, sure. XD  

Grey Dragon
Crew

Grey Dragon
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:34 am
Riyoku

I love this. Don't mind me. Just creeping at the creeper.
All I can suggest is. What preset will its FEAR follow? That would be the cherry to this sundae <3 yss.

I am debating between just a plain Battle Cry, which is being directly hit by the poisonous spit and experiencing burning pain where it comes in contact with skin, or Swift Strikes which would focus more on the vaporous effects like inhalation. For now I am leaning towards Battle Cry, as I can expand second and third year into Abbie having more control over it's poisonous abilities. =3  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:46 am
Prolixity
How does it approach people in general? Is it shy or friendly, or something else? Does it have any habits of behavior or speech?

(do want)

It is fairly shy, but only in the approaching part, and not the talking part. XD Most of it's initiated interactions would consist of things like mistaking the person for someone else (who might only have the slightest visual resemblance, but the same build, temperature, or body language), or knocking things over with it's large paddle tail. But once it's clear that the other party doesn't mind it's presence, it can be very friendly. At the same time it won't take it personally if it's not wanted, not many people will like a gigginox anyway. XD

As for behaviour and speech. It has a very bad sinus problem. XD So it will often take noisy breaths mid-sentence, and occasionally snuffle and make stuffed up noises. Because it doesn't see the way most students do, it will sometimes stare past others in a nearsighted way, or make inappropriate eye contact, or carry on a conversation without even facing in it's company's direction. But it is learning to conduct itself properly! And that the ceiling of a pitch black room is NOT a good place to address another person from.  

Grey Dragon
Crew

Saliru

Cluttered Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:55 am
Grey Dragon

I am debating between just a plain Battle Cry, which is being directly hit by the poisonous spit and experiencing burning pain where it comes in contact with skin, or Swift Strikes which would focus more on the vaporous effects like inhalation. For now I am leaning towards Battle Cry, as I can expand second and third year into Abbie having more control over it's poisonous abilities. =3

Yeah, haha sounds like me. FEAR is always the hardest part for me because there's sooo many possibilities and variants. But in this case, it's really the only thing I can think of. I love Abbie. It and Nuru can go creep together. He calls watching from shadows though. Abbie can have walls/ceiling. XD

But yeah, I like the idea of battle cry first year then elaboration next years. Next years move could maybe be "noxious fumes" as the swift strikes ability you mentioned? Just a few random thoughts and rambling. Don't mind me. smile

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:04 pm
Grey Dragon
And that the ceiling of a pitch black room is NOT a good place to address another person from.

Unless, of course, that person is a grue. biggrin  

prolixity
Crew

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:15 am
Natural ability: I just imagine her shaking someone's hand and getting stuck. So yup, Drag-approved tty.

Personality: I understand, from reading the paragraph, that she is an introvert, a little socially awkward but not a recluse in the sense that she does want friends? The traits mesh well together, and makes for a believable character!

However, try to think about how she would react in a setting where there will always be people around; since this is a school, inevitably, she would have to stay in a classroom filled with people! Will she freak out? Will she try to take to the ceiling? Will she be that girl sitting by herself at the back of the class?

Other things to think about might be aspects of her personality connected to her hobbies/interests/likes/dislikes/pet peeves. For example, does she turn grumpier in someplace hot? Things like that~ Just food for thought!

Fear: I see nothing wrong. OuOb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:56 pm
Prolixity
Unless, of course, that person is a grue. biggrin

Tell me Prox, do grues have a discernible body temperature? biggrin

Dragain

I think of it like picking up a gecko, their feet have the weirdest feeling to them. XD

But with regards to classes, it's primary concern is that it's going to knock over chairs, or even other students. It doesn't want to make itself more of a nuisance, so it might ask if it can sit on the ceiling instead or something equally ridiculous, but completely logical. XD It might even congratulate itself on the ingenuity of crawling across the ceiling while all the other students are stuck walking under it in the crowded hallways!

It doesn't exactly have a grumpy mood, it's more likely to get confused and flustered in the heat because it can't 'see' very well. It's favourite place is the eyescream shoppe, because it's cold. And every time it goes the eyescream tastes different! It has no idea why they need so many little tubs of it, all open, but that must just be part of the magic.  

Grey Dragon
Crew

prolixity
Crew

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:11 pm
Grey Dragon
Prolixity