Now Ain't This Just Precious? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:44 pm
It's adorable that Suicidesoldier thinks he has any idea about what he's talking about.

He really thinks that small arms would be the deciding factor in a war between France and Germany.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:01 pm
Its a small factor. France has a larger navy. Germany has a better all around army and is, militarily, selfsufficient.

I would say Germany would win. But I dont see the point in them going to war.  

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:38 pm
Orkronos
Its a small factor. France has a larger navy. Germany has a better all around army and is, militarily, selfsufficient.

France wanting to take Germany by surprise for revenge?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:02 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
Orkronos

>implying the french collectively have a pair.  

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:48 pm
Orkronos
Das Rabble Rouser
Orkronos

Right. I forgot that most Canadians are French. wink  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:51 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
Orkronos
Das Rabble Rouser
Orkronos

Right. I forgot that most Canadians are French. wink
Fun fact. Largest single ethnic group in canada is german.  

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:55 pm
Orkronos

Germany probably would win, given their track record against France. But it's hilarious (and also sad) that Suicide actually thinks that small arms would be the deciding factor in all-out warfare. It's the skill of the person using it, not the weapon itself, that's truly dangerous- a Navy SEAL with a .22 pistol would still be more dangerous than a kid with an AK-47.

Das Rabble Rouser
Yea, France would deserve the collective a**-beating the rest of the EU would deliver unto them if they seriously still harbored enough of a grudge about WWII to fight Germany about it.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:28 pm
Requiem in Mortis
Orkronos

Germany probably would win, given their track record against France. But it's hilarious (and also sad) that Suicide actually thinks that small arms would be the deciding factor in all-out warfare. It's the skill of the person using it, not the weapon itself, that's truly dangerous- a Navy SEAL with a .22 pistol would still be more dangerous than a kid with an AK-47.

Das Rabble Rouser
Yea, France would deserve the collective a**-beating the rest of the EU would deliver unto them if they seriously still harbored enough of a grudge about WWII to fight Germany about it.

Or a Navy pilot in a chinook vs. Some andom Peshwar militant with an rpg.... wait...  

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Private Sanders

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:50 pm
Orkronos

I take issue with this. The French aren't any less well trained than the Germans are. That's not to say that the Germans are s**t, it's to say that the French are better than they get credit for. I personally feel that any fight between France and Germany would be decided by the circumstances of the battle, such as who caught who by surprise (if in fact anybody did), weather, and terrain and not by the quality of the personnel and equipment, which is rather close.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:52 pm
Requiem in Mortis
Orkronos

Germany probably would win, given their track record against France.
Not necessarily. The French military isn't structured in anywhere near the same way as it was at the time of those defeats, so supposing an identical result is unrealistic.  

Private Sanders

Private Sanders

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:54 pm
Suicide is a total dumbass. I've been reading his s**t for years, and there is no other possible conclusion.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:58 am
Private Sanders
Requiem in Mortis
Orkronos

Not necessarily. The French military isn't structured in anywhere near the same way as it was at the time of those defeats, so supposing an identical result is unrealistic.
WW2 was Belgium's fault anyway.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Private Sanders

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:55 am
Fresnel
Private Sanders
Requiem in Mortis
Orkronos

I'm not saying that. I'm saying the changes in France's military structure and style of fighting since that era need to be taken into account.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:11 am
Private Sanders
Fresnel
Private Sanders
Requiem in Mortis
Orkronos

I'm not saying that. I'm saying the changes in France's military structure and style of fighting since that era need to be taken into account.
Their style of fighting was dated, but would not have been as wholly ineffective as it was if the Belgians hadn't ******** them over by pissing around on their part of the Maginot line, and then crumbling under a week's worth of German assault. The French had some of the best weapons of the war, really. There was one French tank that took on an entire armored detachment, and blew up something like ten Panzers before running out of targets. It came back heavily dented, but still combat effective. Dozens of shells hadn't pierced its armor. The MAS-36 was a decent enough rifle, even Africa still uses them today. The French Navy was feared, until the Germans defeated it by taking the harbors from inland, and the French scuttled every ship so the Germans wouldn't be able to use them. If Germany had charged the Maginot as planned, they would have been massacred. I feel France could have held the blitzkrieg back long enough to adapt the tactics if Belgium hadn't ******** over the entire continent by being lazy.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Private Sanders

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:22 pm
Fresnel
Private Sanders
Fresnel
Private Sanders
Requiem in Mortis
Orkronos

Their style of fighting was dated, but would not have been as wholly ineffective as it was if the Belgians hadn't ******** them over by pissing around on their part of the Maginot line, and then crumbling under a week's worth of German assault. The French had some of the best weapons of the war, really. There was one French tank that took on an entire armored detachment, and blew up something like ten Panzers before running out of targets. It came back heavily dented, but still combat effective. Dozens of shells hadn't pierced its armor. The MAS-36 was a decent enough rifle, even Africa still uses them today. The French Navy was feared, until the Germans defeated it by taking the harbors from inland, and the French scuttled every ship so the Germans wouldn't be able to use them. If Germany had charged the Maginot as planned, they would have been massacred. I feel France could have held the blitzkrieg back long enough to adapt the tactics if Belgium hadn't ******** over the entire continent by being lazy.
Okay, that is a good point.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces