Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Ulili-Mlindaji Lands [IC]
[PRP] A Gift From the Stars (Amalie/Shihab'Leto)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MoonRazor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:18 pm
User Image
A light hum emanated from Amalie as she moved gently through the trees, paws brushing the grass aside as she walked. The newly-fallen night blanketed the pride lands in darkness, but with the moon full and round and countless stars winking merrily alongside it, nighttime was barely a disturbance. If anything, the pale light cast by moon and stars made everything more mystical, like a land found in a dream or in another world entire. Beautiful.

Coming to the edge of the trees, Amalie slowed to a stop, and lifted her head to gaze at the sky. A twinkle lit in her sky-blue eyes as she regarded the heavens with admiration. There was no explaining or understanding the vast, unknowable canvas stretched tight above her head. She would never be able to grasp why it was that the sun and moon and stars all came and went as regularly as waves to a shore, but that didn't matter. She was willing to give it her respect and love regardless.

A bright laugh came forth from her muzzle. "Well, what would I do if you ever left me?" She said aloud, talking to the sky and the moon and the stars. The night would be awfully lonely without them. Then again, if any part of her life were to go missing - the trees, the grass, the rocks - she would feel empty and lonely too, and sometimes when she was alone, she told them so. It was more to ease her boredom than anything, but she talked to everything as though they understood her. And who knew, perhaps they did.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:37 pm
User Image

A shooting star fell across the night sky.

Leto stood in the moonlit filled opening, his gaze locked on the sky above him as he took a deep breath, his eyes closed as his lungs filled with the earthy scent of the land around him. His toes wiggled against blades of grass as his tail swayed behind him, he felt as if he was taking this all in for the first time, the feel and texture of the grass under his paws, this was all so magical to him.

The sound of a voice, so gentle and almost playful in sound caught his attention, his head turned as his eyes opened, rich ocean colored eyes searched among the trees for the voices keeper, were its keeper talking to the stars?

Was this her? He wasn't sure.

Ovarian Paint

Bashful Shapeshifter

MoonRazor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:01 pm
Another gentle laugh as the shooting star streaked its way across the sky. So they did understand, Amalie thought to herself, amused. "Well, no worries," she told the sky. "I know you wouldn't do that to me." And with that, her little conversation ended, and she dropped her head and kept on wandering.

Once more, she began to hum, a rolling tune, as she walked. Unbidden, the lyrics began to fill the song.
"Now that I've worn out
I've worn out the world
I'm on my knees in fascination
Looking through the night
And the moon's never seen me before
But I'm reflecting light.

Hm. Like a star." She concluded, and her smile could almost be heard in her words. Her eyes cast upwards to take in the twinkling stars again, and then she shut her eyes and resumed her humming, wandering aimlessly. Nights like this were to be enjoyed.

And then, she realized she was on the verge of some sort of trouble. Her senses told her she had rounded a corner and found herself face to face with another creature, who was about to be run into unless he moved. Amalie thought that, in all likelihood, she was going to run into him. Her baby blue eyes snapped open just in time to catch sight of the dark, star-spotted mane and jewel-like eyes. "Oh, my, am I sorry," she blurted out, apologizing even before she had felt the impact.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:11 pm
The sound of someone humming made him look around, who was it? Where were they? As he spun around one final time, his gaze was filled with a cream before his vision met the color of the sky and then as she spoke, it was to late.

She ran into him, paws and limbs getting tangled together. "Oaf.." He emitted out before he shook his head, "I apparently need to be quicker." He said with a sheepish smile, "Are you alright miss?" He asked as he carefully untangled himself from her, his limbs feeling heavy now.

Ovarian Paint

Bashful Shapeshifter

MoonRazor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:57 pm
She scrambled off of him ungracefully, hoisting herself back onto four paws, eyes wide. What did she just do? How could she have... oh the shame! He must think her a bumbling idiot, which was the farthest thing from what Amalie did her best to be. Her face flushed and her ears turned back to put an equally sheepish look on her face.

Way to make a first impression.

She cleared her throat, nodding hastily. "Nothing broken," she reassured him, and shook her head. "No, no, no, no, it's not your fault. I shouldn't be walking around with my eyes closed when I can't... well... see with my eyes closed. I mean, I should have paid more attention. I was the one wandering around. I'm so sorry!" The word tumbled out of her mouth unchecked, until she finally realized how much she had said in the span of several blinks, and she promptly clammed up to give him some time to process.

Being flustered was not something she was used to. The pale lioness prided herself on being composed and collected and able to react calmly to most situations. Clearly, this was not one of those situations. Now, not only did she seem like a clumsy fool wandering around for no reason in the dead of night, but also one without a filter. This was terrible.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:21 pm
He smiled gently, "Well, its good nothing is broken. I'd be an utter a** if I'd cause you'd to break something on our first meeting." He said with a shake of his head. He was generally much more graceful than that..but then again it was new having these limbs. "Easy now.." He said as she sputtered off in a long explaination, "Its alright, no ones fault really. It happens from time to time, I've seen it before. And since theres no harm to either of us, lets simply chalk it up to fate." He said with an easy smile, he'd seen plenty of things in his lifespan, war, death, life, creation..he'd seen it all.

"The name is Shibah'Leto, but please just call me Leto. Its much easier to use than that whole mixture." He thought she was charming, unfiltered and free, at least he knew that at least she was honest, there couldnt be a second there that had been wasted in tying in a lie.

Ovarian Paint

Bashful Shapeshifter

MoonRazor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:54 pm
Amalie grinned, a little more toothily than she had intended. Apparently, attempting to compensate for her clumsiness made her a little... more clumsy than she usually was. "Fate sounds good," she agreed, glad to settle on a conclusion, even though she had been fully prepared to shoulder the full burden of blame. It seemed to have had been her fault, after all. Really, who wandered around with their eyes closed at night? Silly Ama.

"Pleasure to meet you, Leto. I'm Amalie," she said, offering her own name in response. "I just wish it could've been under less... painful circumstances." She added, face flushing again. It was probably the first time in her life that she had ever run into anyone, and it was no less embarrassing that he happened to be a stranger. He probably thought she was ridiculously clumsy.

"What brings you here at this time of day? Or, night? Or... nevermind." She shook her head, holding back the train of words that were threatening to come out again. She had to stop talking. Otherwise she would go on forever and make no sense... that happened sometimes when she was nervous.

[IC] Ulili-Mlindaji Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games