Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CloverLeafe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:18 pm
Here's where it says so:

cartoon netwrok

I would have preferred it be on Adult Swim. I'm never at home in time to catch Toonami titles any more. sad

Once again I state that we were fortunate FOX didn't get it at least. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:37 pm
This is true, but I didn't like the part about it being geared for kids. It just makes me think of all the editing that will come with it.  

xTwisTx

Anbu no Haku

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:40 pm
Aye. Licensed naruto. Ive been hearing word of massive editing too. Like every show. but your right, at least fox didn't ruin this masterpiece too.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:07 pm
well they are really gonna cut out alot if the show is really gonna be for kids ......... thats gonna suck eek  

Alucard_CSOTN

4,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200

CloverLeafe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:32 pm
Alucard_CSOTN
well they are really gonna cut out alot if the show is really gonna be for kids ......... thats gonna suck eek

They didn't say kids. They said teenagers, so they might not hafta do as much editting as you think. I mean, It's not like it's currently rated R. They might just edit the Sexy no Jutsu and some of the language. As for the battle and blood, well, no worse than what I saw when they were showing DBZ in the Toonami timeslot. Though the bloody parts may end up being tweaked. Gah. I dunno. I'm mixed between happiness and hesitation. I mean, I don't mind them bringing it over, but I don't want massive editting. Worse comes to worse we wait for the uncut DVDs. stare

Where did you hear about massive editting? Solid proof, not just the whinning all us fans are doing in the forums and chats, I mean. . . sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:39 pm
Quote:
The show will be aimed at young viwers and their parents. Which most likely means we will be seeing the same highly criticized translations that appear in the USA manga, I guess it will be just like American One Piece!

That post on NarutoFan made it seem like there was going to be a ton of editing. One Piece had terrible editing, I heard, and also terrible voices (I also heard, but first person.) So.. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.  

xTwisTx

CloverLeafe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:45 pm
xTwisTx
Quote:
The show will be aimed at young viwers and their parents. Which most likely means we will be seeing the same highly criticized translations that appear in the USA manga, I guess it will be just like American One Piece!

That post on NarutoFan made it seem like there was going to be a ton of editing. One Piece had terrible editing, I heard, and also terrible voices (I also heard, but first person.) So.. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Yeah, but One piece was aired during the children's block on Fox wasn't it? Along with the heavily editted Shaman King. Were the english manga translations that bad? -Read up to 47 in Shonen Jump before finding the lovely online translations to the current chapters. sweatdrop

Toonami may not be geared for adults, but neither is it geared toward snivelling 8-10 year olds. I'd think the editting wasn't as heavy. . . At least, that's my hope. . . sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:22 pm
americans are most popular for thier bad choices in voices .....hey that rhymed.... sweatdrop anyway all the anime that i've seen that were put in english were bad voices i mean c'mon u gonna put a big guys voice for kenshin when u where hearin some sqeaky voice in japanese?  

Alucard_CSOTN

4,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200

CloverLeafe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:36 am
Eh, I don't mind kenshin's english voice? At least it doesn't hurt the ears. And for your info, the japanese kenshin was played by a woman. . . obviously it would sound different than a man's voice. What I don't understand is why mainsteamed voices are usually WORSE than stuff released right to DVD. You'd think they's want to make a good impression on viewers, wouldn't you? I don't get it. . . stare  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:59 am
I'm glad that it's coming to America finally, because with it will come all of the cool merchandise that I have to order off of eBay otherwise. That said, I do wish someone other than Toonami got it. I really hope they don't edit too much.  

Idle Incarnate

CloverLeafe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:40 am
Idle_Incarnate
I'm glad that it's coming to America finally, because with it will come all of the cool merchandise that I have to order off of eBay otherwise. That said, I do wish someone other than Toonami got it. I really hope they don't edit too much.

Me too. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:43 pm
The English voices for Samurai X were good, I think, going along with the straight release to DVD subject. I'm not sure how big a difference there is between Toonami and Adult Swim, so..  

xTwisTx

CloverLeafe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:11 pm
xTwisTx
The English voices for Samurai X were good, I think, going along with the straight release to DVD subject. I'm not sure how big a difference there is between Toonami and Adult Swim, so..

Haven't seen Toonami since it's Sailor Moon Days. . . stare Full Metal Alchemist on Adult Swim wasn't so bad.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:00 am
i don't have cable so no Adult Swim or Toonami for me gonk  

Alucard_CSOTN

4,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200

xTwisTx

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:38 pm
Alucard_CSOTN
i don't have cable so no Adult Swim or Toonami for me gonk
Ouch. sweatdrop