Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Maestros Del Mar Lands [IC]
[LOG] Duet All Night Long (Teech & Joya)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:31 am
Teech
He had watched the storm brew with an intensity that only he seemed to hold. He didnt mind the bad weather when it crashed over his beach home. No if anything he welcomed it. The black cloud among the white ones, it reminded him of himself. His family was a bunch of rag tag, group of little motley crews and he couldnt help but find himself slightly different. That difference though, was his anger. He was more of a cut throat than many around, and being still not much older than a mere cub, that was likely to grow. He just didnt like the nice sides of things! He wanted to cause trouble, or to cheat someone out of things. That was the most fun, when he saw someone kill to take something. He liked that more than simply snatching it up.

His white tufted tail flicked side to side as he sat. His red orbs glimmering with the idea of the impending storm. Maybe it would cause huge waves that would bring slight panic. But he wouldnt panic, no sir. He was Teech. He didnt do such things.

Joya
Joya was also watching the storm brew. She had been thinking a great deal lately about what she would do when she was older, since she would soon grow into a corsair unless she made some other choice and began to work toward that end, and she honestly wasn't sure she wanted just to be a corsair anymore. That had been all right when she was younger and new to the pride. The corsairs had been the ones to care for her and her family, after all, and she'd liked them well enough.

The thing was, she didn't like cubs very much and she thought what the corsairs did was boring compared to what the actual crews got to do. The problem was that if she wanted to join a crew, she'd have to find a captain willing to take her on, and that would be hard because she was a girl and at this point she'd be getting a late start learning the skills a crew member would need to have. It wasn't an ideal situation.

The corsairs had told her not to leave once the storm hit, but Joya had already seen Teech head out, and she could point to him as an example if anyone scolded her for it. For that matter, she could just join him wherever he was and use him as an excuse. She could claim that she was going to get him and bring him back, though she had no intention of doing so. Teech wasn't a cub to be bossed around, as she had learned early on. Still, he didn't seem to mind her being around as long as she didn't get in his way or distract him from whatever he was doing.

So off she went to find her brother, glad to have found a distraction from her thoughts and not much concerned about the imminent storm.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:44 am
Teech
He hadn't realized that Joya had seen him sneaking away from the Corsairs. He had been too in thought for things of that nature. For one, the announcement of Syrio being the new Pirate Prince had filled him with an unabashed rage. Why did Syrio get such a position? He puffed out his chest and snorted. If anything, he deserved the title!

Father was weak if he was afraid of the pride under Teech's rule. However Teech knew why it was the way it was. He was untrustworthy. Not really the sort to leave an entire pride to.

A stern expression on his face, he let the wind blow through his mane with a ferocity. Sure it wasn't that big of a mane but it was the start! Perfectly acceptable in his mind. He liked that the wind could actually blow through it now, making him feel slightly older than the male was. Unlike his sister, he knew his fate. He wanted to find a captain like himself to learn from. Though.. first he had to find one.

Joya
Joya walked up the beach, keeping an eye on the waterline as she followed Teech's pawprints. He was sharp in many ways, her brother, but stealth was not one of his skills. He might have thought it was, but Joya never had much difficulty finding him when she wanted him. Little things always gave him away. In this case, pawprints in the sand, though those would only be good for as long as the water didn't cover them.

She was not watching the water for that reason though. She knew storms could bring rogue waves that weren't quite so large as to be called tsunamis, but which still came up farther on the shore than people tended to anticipate and an unwary cub could find herself dragged out to sea, never to return. Joya didn't believe the stories of mermaids that sometimes found pirates when they were taken by the water, and she had no desire to drown, so she was wary of the pre-storm water.

"Teech," she said when she saw her brother's familiar figure. He was getting bigger. Definitely bigger than she was, but not by so much that the disparity was readily apparent. Joya only noticed it because she'd known him all his life and so was in a good position to notice when one day his nose was higher than hers when he sat.

"I'm using you as an excuse for the corsairs," she informed him.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:04 pm
Teech
He wasnt surprised to hear her, even if he hadnt realized she had been following. She always seemed to turn up, and by now he half expected her to go where he went. He raised an eyebrow, casting a blood red gaze on the red female. She was growing up, and quickly, and he was forced to try to remember that though she was his sister, she was also a corsair.. Or was for the time being until she became what her true calling was meant to be. Hell even then she might be in the Corsair department.

"Sneaking, eh? The corsairs are probably kicking themselves right now. Though the fact they lose you and our dear half sister Bonni half as much as they do.. Sometimes I wonder if they are even paying attention anyway." He responded, clearing his throat as he turned back to look towards the ocean.

Joya
"There are other things that are more interesting to them than minding a bunch of cubs. Even Pirato's," Joya said. It was unclear whether she was miffed by being of lesser importance in anyone's eyes, or whether that was just the way her face was.

"So sneaking wasn't really necessary on my part," she concluded. "And if they do kick themselves, well, good. At least someone would be paying us the attention we're due."

It bothered her that no one seemed to think much of Teech. It bothered her almost as much as it bothered her that she was Pirato's daughter and no one seemed to care. This was a pride with a hereditary leader. She was the daughter of that leader. She ought to be treated more specially.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:13 pm
Teech
"Then you see why I get as frustrated as I do. Pirato's cubs should be of utmost importance." He said. His speech was better than that of his father, but he still had a slight draw to his words.

He knew that Joya was smart. She was special, and he knew she could be the best at whatever she put her mind too.

"If you weren't sneaking, then clearly you are good at it." He admitted, and turned his attention back towards the water.

Joya
"Could be better. They're not paying us the attention they should. Like you said, we should be of utmost importance."

Her eyes were narrow and her ears lowered toward flattening with ill temper. "We'll show them, won't we, Teech? Not today, I mean. But when we're older, we'll show them how wrong they've been."

She could keep herself going for a long time with just thoughts of future vengeance, even if it never took place. Though she did hope she and Teech would have the opportunity to prove themselves as important and worthwhile as she knew they were.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:23 pm
Teech
He heard his sisters words, and he wanted to scoff. However he knew she was right. They would eventually come up with a way to show them that there were no better two heirs in Pirato's brood.

"Aye. We will show all of them just how accomplished we can be. Pirates with a mission, what is more dangerous?" He asked, giving a half smile and looking back at her.

Teech had all sorts of plans. Plans that involved convincing father of his worth. Once Pirato was sure. maybe Teech could get him to redecide a Pirate Prince.

Joya
"You mean other than getting between our dad and his rotten fruits? Not much!" she joked. It was edged, like most of her humor. Joya's name suited her, as long as one recalled that jewels had sharp edges and corners.

"I'll help, you know, in any way that I can. If you want me anyway."

Joya knew her brother Teech was always plotting, but she also knew that his plans and plots needn't include her. Her involvement might be more of a nuisance. If that was the case, well, she could make her own plans and he had just better hope he didn't get in her way.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:33 pm
Teech
He smiled at her humor. She was clever, and he understood it. She had a way of joking that pissed off others more so than made them laugh.. But she never cared, and Teech always had secretly admired the trait.

"What do you mean?" He asked, arching an eyebrow as if he was innocent. Though the innocent face quickly leaked into a darker one that carried a grin.

"I could use help. Maybe. I need a plan first." He admitted.

Joya
She regarded Teech archly. He didn't really need an explanation, she could tell, and so she told him, "If you don't know, I don't feel like wasting my time explaining to you."

Joya was pleased - tickled even - that Teech was willing to include her in his plans. Even if it was only a maybe right now. He needed a plan, as he said, and if she could help him come up with one of those that made her role key...She'd have to put thought into that.

"We could always drown that other litter," she suggested with a wicked grin. She wasn't kidding.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:46 pm
Teech
He listened to her, and licked his lips at the thought. How delicious it would be, to kill Pirato's latest litter, and get them out of the running. It wasn't wrong, not really. They were regarded as special and that confused him. They were bastards, just as he and his siblings had been. Father had said mother was a bit crazy. He didn't give a damn. He wanted his fair share.

"As entertaining as that thought is, we need a better plan." He said, nodding and brushing a white tipped mane fluff out from his eyes.

Joya
"I like my plan," she grumbled, but her grumbles weren't in earnest. She would have happily killed that litter which had arrived with the last storm, given the opportunity, but she knew it would do her no good.

"We have some time," she said under the sound of rolling thunder. "We'll come up with something."

She glanced up at the sky and the clouds, between which lightning flashed, and scowled remembering how the last storm had brought unwanted half-siblings.

"I'm going back, before it starts raining and before any more lionesses can turn up with half-siblings for us," she announced. "Coming?"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:50 pm
Teech
He likely wouldn't openly admit it. But he really liked her plan too. It was so final, and it would all be over. Shame it couldn't happen that way. He didn't feel like taking on an entire pride because of the death of a few rats.

Her mentioning the rain and more half siblings made his lip curl and he stood out of instinct. The last thing he wanted were more of them. He already had to worry about father impregnating Adaeze.. That was enough.

"Yeah. Let's get out of here." He said, and began heading off back into the shadows. She was right..They had some time, and they would indeed come up with something.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

[IC] Maestros Del Mar Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces