Reply Adult Furries Guild
Pen and Paper RPGs

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ulric Kessler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:01 pm
Was just wondering if anyone on here was into the good ol' P&P RPGs. Examples: Dungeons and Dragons, Rifts, Call of Cthulu, White Wolf, etc.

I've been a long time player and fan of these kinds of RPGs as I honestly have little fun with most computer/console RPGs. If you're a fan go ahead and post here about when you started playing, what you like to play, any fun stories, etc.

Myself I'm currently big into the Fantasy Flight Games release of the Warhammer 40,000 RPGs namely; Dark Heresy, Deathwatch and Rogue Trader, and I'm also anxiously awaiting the release of Black Crusade.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:18 pm
While I've never played any pen and papers, I bought enough books to probably do a campaign in the White Wolf Mage & Werewolf series from the oWOD system.

Personally, I just loved the lore and I really enjoyed reading about the world they kind of crafted up. Not exactly using them for the intended purposes, but it's entertaining enough for me.

One thing that I found to be a huge source of entertainment while working on boring stuff is a Let's Play of D&D (4th ed.). There's podcasts and videos depending on what you like, though podcasts contain extra out of game banter by the players.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3273056
Here's a link to the thread. Pretty entertaining while you work and some moments were just hilarious.  

Garek Maxwell

RevvRaptor

Sexy Hero

27,250 Points
  • ReAnimated 50
  • Generous 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:07 pm
Warhammer 40K and D&D here, I also tend to make different ones myself with die-rolling and the like included. I've got one that I do locally for a Naruto-based P&P, it's going a bit slowly but it's working out pretty well in spite of the low numbers (though 15 is still a decent-enough size.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:07 pm
I've done a number of White Wolf campaigns over the years, and this year finally got into a proper D&D group.

For varying definitions of "proper" razz Pretty sure most DMs wouldn't allow their players to use an owl as a bludgeoning weapon.  

Cassidy Peterson

Garbage

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:12 pm
Cassidy Peterson
I've done a number of White Wolf campaigns over the years, and this year finally got into a proper D&D group.

For varying definitions of "proper" razz Pretty sure most DMs wouldn't allow their players to use an owl as a bludgeoning weapon.

But it's not about the rules and accuracy or even realism, it's about the journey, the story, and fun. biggrin

Doing things that are "so stupid it just might work" is what makes the experience awesome. Especially when you get a critical success on something really out there. whee  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:02 pm
I've always wanted to play dungeons and Dragons, and played once for about a week, but then the people I was playing with had lives and we could never get back together...v.v It was a sad day for me, but I believe I may be able to step past it, and hopefully find another group to play with someday. cat_3nodding  

Soriku the Ookami

Hilarious Shapeshifter

5,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Cassidy Peterson

Garbage

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:07 am
Garek Maxwell
Cassidy Peterson

But it's not about the rules and accuracy or even realism, it's about the journey, the story, and fun. biggrin

Doing things that are "so stupid it just might work" is what makes the experience awesome. Especially when you get a critical success on something really out there. whee
I rolled a nat20 to throw a shovel at the Big Bad in the middle of her Villainous Monologue prior to the final battle of the plot we finished up recently rofl  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:54 pm
Ulric Kessler
Was just wondering if anyone on here was into the good ol' P&P RPGs. Examples: Dungeons and Dragons, Rifts, Call of Cthulu, White Wolf, etc.

I've been a long time player and fan of these kinds of RPGs as I honestly have little fun with most computer/console RPGs. If you're a fan go ahead and post here about when you started playing, what you like to play, any fun stories, etc.

Myself I'm currently big into the Fantasy Flight Games release of the Warhammer 40,000 RPGs namely; Dark Heresy, Deathwatch and Rogue Trader, and I'm also anxiously awaiting the release of Black Crusade.

My wife and I are big into D&D. 3.5, not 4th Ed. - that's manga with dice.

Cassidy Peterson
I rolled a nat20 to throw a shovel at the Big Bad in the middle of her Villainous Monologue prior to the final battle of the plot we finished up recently rofl

My wife's character used improvised weapons such as a dire frying pan (d8 damage) and a chandelier to fight Edward Cullen; using the chandelier, she rolled a 20 (critical hit) followed by a 20 (critical injury) followed by a 20 (instant death), crushing him into formless vampiric protoplasm. The party scooped it into a jar and took it with them, but the campaign fell apart before anyone found a use for it.  

Shaviv

Cassidy Peterson

Garbage

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:50 pm
Shaviv
the campaign fell apart before anyone found a use for it.
Pity. Sounds glorious.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:39 pm
Shaviv
crushing him into formless vampiric protoplasm. The party scooped it into a jar and took it with them, but the campaign fell apart before anyone found a use for it.

As the party travels across the turbulent, relentless sea, they spot an usual glimmer in the water. Something's floating out there, and it doesn't belong. Could it be treasure? Or something more sinister...?

There you go, plot hole solved. xp  

Garek Maxwell

Zuri-kai

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:19 pm
Sorry I'm late for this. I'm a major tabletop rpg nerd. I've played D&D, Exalted, and Werewolves, to name the well known ones, and then I've played at least half a dozen home-brews, and am currently working on developing a game with my husband, which we plan on publishing. cat_3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:54 pm
Glad to see this thread is still active. I'm still running games, although I've opened up into the old 2nd Ed. warhammer fantasy RPG as well (super fun). I host the majority of my games online now too, and I just so happen to be looking for some players. If you're interested, hit me up at the following:

AIM: UlricKessler
MSN: UlricKessler@live.com
YIM: UlricKessler@yahoo.com
Steam: panzer421

((these are mostly IM services, also if you might be missing a rulebook or something like that...lets just say I can hook you up -wink-.))  

Ulric Kessler

Soriku the Ookami

Hilarious Shapeshifter

5,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:05 pm
Ulric Kessler

sweet, I might hit up that msn link...if I can figure out how. >///<  
Adult Furries Guild

Manage Your Items