Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
I finally have had it with guilds being ignored by developer Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:44 pm
Spring cleaning is just another way for the developers to ignore the guilds.They can use it as an excuse to to say that the general population of gaia doesn't think it is a priority for the guilds to have the enhancements.

To be honest, I should have seen this one coming. I apologize guys. I really should have known when Panagrammic said he was taking this back to the Spring Cleaning meeting, it was going to come down to a forums vote and
we were probably going to lose.

I have done something out of the ordinary to bring this out in the open a bit more. It may also hurt Gaia financially and therefore force them to help the guilds!

I made a post on Facebook about how they are trying to sweep the guilds under the proverbial rug yet again.

I have also called for a boycott on buying Gaia cash until the development team gets their act together and finally does something to give the guilds the enhancements we asked for.

I am going to continue posting and make sure this doesn't go away.

Oh and I posted in the Feedback Forum here on Gaia too that it's not right how we are being treated!

Go here and look http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-feedback/guilds-are-tired-of-being-second-class-citizens/t.75457709_recent/?_gaia_t_=4898&mygntcid=1391260  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:15 pm
I have also made a post on my facebook page about this and called for everyone on guilds to boycott Gaia cash. Why should we pay for Gaia if Gaia won't use the money we spend to finance the site if the site won't use the money to update the part of the site we use?  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

applesauce600

9,150 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:22 pm
mamarita
I have also made a post on my facebook page about this and called for everyone on guilds to boycott Gaia cash. Why should we pay for Gaia if Gaia won't use the money we spend to finance the site if the site won't use the money to update the part of the site we use?
Might want to post a link to your page or status or whatever so everyone can like it to troll gaia.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:46 pm
here's the link to my facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=607223974  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:00 pm
I put this on Gaia's FB page and this was their reply

Rita WhiteGaia Online
How would the Gaia administration like it if the members of all the guilds would stop buying gaia cash until the developers keep their promises and start doing the enhancements and fixes we have been asking for for several years. Stop pawning things off on the Spring Cleaning forum and just do what you promise to do!!!

We shouldn't have to beg to be able to modify guild forums, when you do the main forum modifications all the time. Guilds are specialized forums- just fix what is broken.
Like · · Yesterday at 4:11pm ·

Gaia Online Thanks for writing, Rita--we know that guild updates are important! Our developers have a lot on their plates, and sometimes planning and implementing updates becomes a giant juggling act, especially when holiday event time rolls around. Hopefully you can still enjoy the site, even though the updates to guilds and other features may be a bit uneven at times. - Maya, Gaia Online Customer Service
about an hour ago · Like.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:26 am
mamarita

Rita WhiteGaia Online
How would the Gaia administration like it if the members of all the guilds would stop buying gaia cash until the developers keep their promises and start doing the enhancements and fixes we have been asking for for several years. Stop pawning things off on the Spring Cleaning forum and just do what you promise to do!!!

We shouldn't have to beg to be able to modify guild forums, when you do the main forum modifications all the time. Guilds are specialized forums- just fix what is broken.

Gaia Online Thanks for writing, Rita--we know that guild updates are important! Our developers have a lot on their plates, and sometimes planning and implementing updates becomes a giant juggling act, especially when holiday event time rolls around. Hopefully you can still enjoy the site, even though the updates to guilds and other features may be a bit uneven at times. - Maya, Gaia Online Customer Service

well doesnt that sound like the crap we keep on hearing. we have alot to do and we will get to it when we like  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:06 am
Shanna66
mamarita

Rita WhiteGaia Online

well doesnt that sound like the crap we keep on hearing. we have alot to do and we will get to it when we like

Well Gaia DOES peddle more poo then a manure sales man ...  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:26 am
Pilotslover
Shanna66
mamarita

Rita WhiteGaia Online

Well Gaia DOES peddle more poo then a manure sales man ...

your response is the reason they need to make it so we can tip posts in guilds XD  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:31 am
Shanna66

your response is the reason they need to make it so we can tip posts in guilds XD

Aww, well bless!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:39 pm
Maybe the reason the whole of Gaia doesn't think guilds are important is because they don't use them. And why don't they use them? Because they suck balls right now.

Vicious cycle... crying  

wingedcentaur

7,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:35 am
Seems that we have a forum site moderator on our side. Pirhan has decided to champion our cause and has forwarded our concerns to TPTB. She doesn't know how much good it will do, but it can't hurt,

Anyway, I have another tactic that I am going to propose in the next week or so. Let's let the holidays fade away first and then, we are going to start a campaign that Gaia isn't going to forget too soon!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:24 am
It seems we have a champion of the forums on our side, at least. Pirhan has been bumping the thread in the SC forum and even gone so far as to personally forward our gripes to higher ups- whoever they may be.

We need everyone to go to the SC forum and put in your cookies..We need more cookies

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/spring-cleaning-proposals-2011/guilds-update-please/t.74841427_recent/?_gaia_t_=626&mygntcid=40866  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

Nerevar Telvanni

Eloquent Elder

11,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:22 pm

I don't know if you know this but Panagrammic has been "moved up the ladder." That's why he hasn't been posting the latest Dev Updates or has been seen in the forums addressing the issues that the users have. Let me find the post from Lanzer and Narumi in last weeks ATA.....

Narumi Misuhara
MrsrachaelSnape
Fractale
Loobee
What happened to Panagrammic? He was one of the few people who actually communicated with us. He was so nice and had such great ideas. I miss him.
I thought this was just a groundless rumor . Has Pan really been fired, or relocated or whatever? I'll be pretty disappointed if we lost one of the greatest devs who actually made an effort to keep the lines of communication open.

His name is still brown. I hope all is well. Why does all the great devs leave us sad

He hasn't left, he's been moved up the chain. The results of which is he's a bit more hands off of Gaia than he was before, but he very much still cares about all Gaian's and stays apprised of all that we do and helps out when needed.

Narumi Misuhara
MrsrachaelSnape
Yay. So what work does he do now?

He leads all of Engineering for Gaia Interactive.

biglanky14
Fractale
The Undead Suitor
Holy s**t I was joking before, but he really got "promoted" to a more hands-off job?

You guys really don't want to deal with us do you?
yay promotion. I'm happy for him, but he and his "Hands on" approach in the forums will be missed.

Suitor: so much for them giving more focus to the community (which I assumed would be a lot more communication directed at us) in 2012. Hmph.
Hi Fractale,

We know that we could do a much better job of communicating - Pan is excellent at that. We're going to try to be much better at that this year. We won't always do a good job, or respond to everything, but we're definitely aware of our shortcomings here and are trying to get better. Hopefully you'll see us around fairly often as the year goes on.

And please keep pointing it out when you think we're falling down.

Lanzer
Loobee
What happened to Panagrammic? He was one of the few people who actually communicated with us. He was so nice and had such great ideas. I miss him.
Panagrammic is just busy working on another project at the moment. He's still helping us out tremendously.

It's by far no an excuse for this complete disregard for guilds, but at least we know where and what happened to him.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:34 pm
Thanks- but that isn't going to stop the next phase of the attack on Gaia to get guild updates..I have posted the address and a sample letter- now to Facebook to post the new Attack on Gaia page!  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

Lady_Red_Death

Eloquent Lunatic

6,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:57 pm
I've been swimming around gaia since back in 2004, and I hate to admit, not a lot about guilds have changed. The most is how one can get to them. I've ran guilds, watched them flourish and die.

Guilds are where I have put much time and devotion, building them up carefully like children, only to watch sadly as they get ignored. It's been... well over 5 years since I had a thriving guild, and I think the lack of updates may have had a hand in it all. Why stick around guilds when there is shiny new updates elsewhere?

A complete, huge update is really what the guilds need. When spring cleaning was first put up, I was putting my cookies into guild based ideas. I just never had the get go to do anything by myself. I am completely supportive and willing to help you guys. Guilds have been a big part of my gaia life. It's easier to run and control Role-plays from there, but when I can't see my subfourms updating among a long list of other things, I get frustrated.

Lets keep squeaking until we get slathered in enough grease to silence us!

Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff