Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
Ghost?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Maeve Sage

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:36 am
My roommates and I moved into our house in May. Since then it has been noticed by more than one person that there are strange sounds, objects moving for no reason (for example a cupboard opened and everything fell out while I was home alone), an intense feeling of being watched, and the cats stare at empty air and hiss. While I'm not 100% sure it's a ghost, for all I know we are all being paranoid, my boyfriend and one of my roommates seem absolutely certain.

I'm not sure it means any harm if there is one but it seems to terrify my one roomate - I will point out now she experienced similar activity at her previous house.

So is it likely something followed her?

Also what is to be done about it in particular if somethings following her which sounds more likely to me as this house is only three years old.

Any advice on ghosts would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:13 am
I don't think ghosts tend to follow. Some house-spirits, however, do. Like boggarts and so on. They're like herpes, you just can't get rid of the bastards. If I was you, I'd find someone else to flat with.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Maeve Sage

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:18 am
I am signed into a lease until May and she is a close friend of mine who I'd try to help regaurdless.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:47 am
Well, it depends what it is. If it's some sort of house beastie it might not necessarily be unpleasant. I mean, nothing bad has happened. You could ask it to do small chores and pay it with a bowl of milk.

Don't name it, that seems to piss things off.

If it turns out to be a nastie beastie like a boggart, of course you'll want to go with iron like horseshoes, and apparently a pile of salt by your bedroom door will keep it away from you.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:38 am
Sanguina Cruenta
What if you end up contacting it and it gives you a name?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:54 am
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Sanguina Cruenta
What if you end up contacting it and it gives you a name?

No idea. I don't know too much about house-boogeys. Some of them get annoyed at stuff we'd consider polite... like some of them will get cross and leave if you thank them for doing odd jobs for you.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Dr. H. Lecter

Dangerous Prophet

7,800 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:24 am
I prefer to avoid spirits of any kind, though it seems impossible to do lately.

I would, before trying anything else, to gather up and politley ask it to leave. Be firm, but not angry. Failing that, cleanse the house and do a spell of protection. Of course, only if you think it's going to be harmful.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:57 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
No idea. I don't know too much about house-boogeys. Some of them get annoyed at stuff we'd consider polite... like some of them will get cross and leave if you thank them for doing odd jobs for you.
Interesting. I didn't know that.  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

Ren Tohimaru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:08 pm
A spell may work, or try the ever-succeeding methods with ghosts-figure out why it has unfinished business, help it to finish, and then it'll move on.  
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games