Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild
What's your Final Fantasy IQ?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

colorfulCheshire

Rainbow Phantom

10,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Champion 300
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:06 pm
Hello, oh wonderful group of people who share my interests. None of you probably know me. Not only have I hardly posted in this guild (and that was a year ago) but I've been away from Gaia for a while due to my crazy decision to stay in a high-school more challenging than college.

Regardless, I've decided on setting a path for the future in psychology, and I could use help from you (yes you)!

I have been given a homework assignment to make a culturally biased IQ test, though instead of being limited to just cultures in general, we were allowed to create one around a sub-culture or just a specific group of people (i.e. "people who read Twilight" or "people who read literature"). Bet you can't guess what group I chose. No seriously, guess!

Well, as the thread isn't about guessing that, I'll tell you: "People who play Final Fantasy".

So I thought up a few questions from things that I already knew (VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, and Tactics Advance) and then did some research in game guides and wikis to create questions for a few of the other games. I'll be honest and say that I didn't create any specific questions for games under VII, but I wanted to keep from specific histories and the like. Most of these questions try to encompass the Final Fantasy universe as a whole.

So, what would be amazing would be if you guys kindly filled out the test based off what you already know. Please, please, please, do not look anything up as this is technically an experiment and I want accurate data. But you can either answer on the thread (but please color your words in white so that others don't accidentally get a sneak peak until they are done filling it out themselves) or you can PM me your answers.

I'm still in the process of figuring out point values and such, but this won't effect you guys much sense I'm not changing answers or anything.

Now I understand that some of the questions should have been worded differently, but as I've already given some hard copies to friends and had them fill it out, I can't really go back and change. That will just show up in my report for class. Now, if any of you want to keep this in the guild for the fun, I'll gladly update the test to make it easier to understand and more accurate. I'll even upload my scoring methods with the correct answers once I've collected the data.

Now for all of you people who thought, TLDR, the gist is that I would like you to answer these questions without looking up anything. Pretend this is a standardized test or something.

If you post answers in the thread, please color them white. Otherwise, you can PM your answers to me. If you want your scores back when your done, tell me at the top of your questionnaire and whether you want the scores via PM or posted in the thread.

The questionnaire is in the next post. Have fun, and thanks so much!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:08 pm
Would you like to get your score back? –
Instructions: Please answer the following questions as best you can. Unless otherwise stated, the multiple choices may have more than one answer. Please, use your own knowledge and refrain from looking anything up. If answering in the thread, color your answers white.

1. What words can be connected with Ifrit?

2. Which of these jobs could be classified with “Viera”?
a) fencer
b) paladin
c) white mage
d) archer
e) warrior

3. Tidus is to sword as Wakka is to xxxxxx

4. Which terms can be classified with “Espers”?
a) summons
b) eidolons
c) totema
d) guardian forces
e) aeons
f) friendly enemies

5. Someone starting in the thief class would likely want which one of these:
a) gold materia
b) yellow materia
c) red materia
d) silver materia
e) green materia

6. In a Garden Faculty you are likely to find what kind of people?

7. You and your friend are lost in an open field and your friend twisted their ankle in the last battle. You look in your bags and find only a few items. Which one of these items would be most useful?
a) a tent
b) a flute
c) gysahl greens
d) an antidote
e) a hi-potion

8. Which of these classes are able to learn abilities of some enemies?
a) black mage
b) summoner
c) gun mage
d) ninja
e) blue mage

9. What is a spell that you wouldn’t see a red mage cast?

10. You meet an older mechanic/inventor who offers an airship to aid in your adventure. What is his name likely to be?

11. You are walking in the desert alone and run into a cactaur. The scan ability allows you to see that it has a health of 150HP. You can deal 50 points of damage a hit and your health is full at 940HP. What is the thing to do?

12. A soldier in training is equipped with only a broadsword and armor and carries 3 potions and 5 phoenix downs. He really needs experience points to learn an ability. As he looks out over an area, he spies a plethora of different creatures: a flan, a vampire bat, an elemental, an adamantoise, a zombie, and a garuda. Which of these should he engage?

13. A fencer, a white mage, and a thief are traveling across the desert with recently-emptied packs to restock at the next market. Their new red ribbons catch the sunlight and attract a group of 5 malboros looking for red fruit. It is well known that one whiff of a malboro’s bad breath can cause many ailments in the strongest of warriors, but these seem to be rather weak and small in comparison of what is normal in the species. Would these three women fight or try to flee?

14. You receive a letter from an anonymous sender that says “I need your help. Kupo! It’s urgent! Meet me in the marketplace at noon. Kupo! I’ll be waiting.” When you arrive at the marketplace there is a large crowd of people, many looking as if they are waiting for someone. What kind of person should you be looking for in regards to the letter?  

colorfulCheshire

Rainbow Phantom

10,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Champion 300

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:07 pm
Oh my, what a fun idea. whee I know you, silly; nice to see you back. Here are my answers!

1. Fire
2. a, c, d
3. Blitzball
4. a, b, c, d, e
5. b
6. SeeDs
7. e
8. e
9. Flare
10. Cid
11. Run awaaaaaay!
12. Garuda
13. Fight!
14. A moogle

Nice questions. The one I most think could use work, if you do change them, is number 12, though; I feel that could vary by which game you're thinking of.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:18 am
Ooh quizzes. You can let me know either here or PM. doesnt matter to me. ok lets do this.

1) Fire, Hellfire, Demonic, Summon, Esper
2) A, C, D
3) blitzball ball
4) A, B, C, D, E
5) C
6) Amnesiac fighters with the power to summon
7) Well, if you go by game rules then spending a night in a tent cures most everything that could ail you. But realistically your best bet would probably be to use the gyshal greens to lure a chocobo close and capture it and have your friend ride it to the nearest town so he can see a doctor.
8 ) C and E
9) Any summon or ninja magic. Also high level white and black magics such as holy and meteor
10) CID
11) Run as fast as you can. Thousand Needles is an instant kill to you at this point since it always deals 1000 damage. Also the likelyhood of you actually hitting a cactuar is not good as they are very slippery and difficult to hit.
12) Hmm. interesting. Probably the bat. The other monsters tend to be high level and/or resist physical attacks
13) Kill the Malboro. Everyone knows that Ribbons negate most every status ailment.
14) You are looking for a Moogle. Moogles have a tendency to say "Kupo" even when writing.

yay final fantasy quizzes  

ozxander

Dangerous Vampire

6,475 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Nait Phoenix

3,850 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:10 pm
I feel dumb answering some of these questions... sweatdrop

1. Fire, dog, hell, classic

2. d) archer

3. ball

4. a) summons
b) eidolons
d) guardian forces
e) aeons

5. e) green materia

6. SeeDs

7. a) a tent

8. e) blue mage

9. Fire

10. Cid

11. Run away and level up to higher than 1000 HP

12. A zombie

13. Fight

14. A MOOGLE!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:53 am
Yes a quiz! And I have to say, some of those questions really did get me thinking. It wasn't just trivia, instead it caused you to really think about how the game works. So yeah, great job! If you want to, you can PM me the results! Thanks!

Answers:
1. Fire, Eidolen, Summon, Guardian Force, Aeon, Esper, Djinn
2. D.
3. Blitzball
4. A. B. D. E.
5. Crud, not a VII question. I’m just gonna guess yellow material (B.) for whatever reason.
6. Soldier trainees (as well as Soldier’s themselves)
7. E.
8. E.
9. Oh geez, they can’t cast high level white or black magic, right, so I’m gonna guess Ultima.
10. Cid, of course!
11. The cactaur will either run away after one hit or kill you with its 1000 Needles attack (deals 1000 damage effectively killing you).
12. If you really need the experience points and are near death, I would fight the zombie and throw phoenix downs at it effectively killing it in one hit (if it’s a game that utilizes that mechanic). If that doesn’t work (as I get the feeling this is a XII based question) then I would go for the adamantoise as it isn’t as difficult as a boss (which garuda is), still has a large Exp. Load, and you can easily whittle it down since you carry the items.
13. If the white mage knows an status recovery magic, then yes, not to mention that malboros do often carry status recovery items as steals for the thief to utilize.
14. A moogle!

Edit: AHHHH! I just realized I like totally just screwed up number 6! I can believe that considering it's one of my favorite games. Guess you can tell which game I'm stuck up on at the moment (just started it as my summer project) sweatdrop Epic fail....  

Lore_Maester

3,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Autobiographer 200

Kyohei_Lockhart_Strife

5,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:15 am
1.) Djinn, Hellfire, And Summon