Submit

Ancient Ookami

Wolf

14,800 Points
  • Divine Allies 250
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:04 pm
I personally like the fact that they can transform, and even change their abilities (decade, w, ooo, fourze).  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:25 pm
The fact that these are everyday people fighting for something they think is important. Something that we can't actually do. Changing their abilities is unimportant. (the most cherished riders pre Black RX had no form changing. But they still had a cause to fight for and used their powers for what was important)
What set's it apart from Sentai? the fact that it's the single able to do so much as opposed to many.

Oh, and, the fact that the Kamen Riders tend to have very complex storylines. And usually rather dark stories even if it's not necessarily implied. (examples being Den-O, change the past, change the present, lose the past, lose the present, create a new future. or in the case of Zeronos "I fight because I need to destroy my own future.")  

Kiriyama Ren

Agito Geist
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:09 am
yeah so true, zeronos had a pretty messed up story line crying He gives his life to protect those he loves, and then forces his past self to take up the same fight, at the coast of any one ever remembering him. Pretty sad stuff, which I love about Kamen Rider, every series tends to be dark in their own way. They also tend to have to Sacrifice something big in order to fight, Giving more meaning to the Title of Kamen Rider.. Personally I love the Belts, and the Resolve of each character, everyone has something different that drives them.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:32 pm
One mustn't forget that in Den-O, you only exist if people remember you.

That drive is a fantastic part. It's not about being a hero, and it's not about doing what's right. It's about using the power you've been given. For good or evil, Selfish or selfless.  

Kiriyama Ren

Kamen Rider G
Captain

Angelic Knight

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:35 am
I like how they even show that at the end of it all they are still only human  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:17 pm
Kamen Rider G
I like how they even show that at the end of it all they are still only human
*cough*
Faiz and Kiva.

Though I do know what you mean.  

Kiriyama Ren

Kamen Rider G
Captain

Angelic Knight

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:24 pm
hey faiz was human to start at some point he became that ugh I can't think of it and kiva dad is human mean he is half human  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:24 pm
Don't forget Blade. Though he started off human he risked his Humanity by becoming a Joker at the end of the series xp  

Agito Geist
Vice Captain

Kamen Rider G
Captain

Angelic Knight

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:41 pm
so really at one point in time they were human but not really for kiva I guess  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:13 am
But I get what you mean though. Most (not all) Kamen Riders have that human feel to them. Either by being human, being human at one point, or being part human.

I'd like to argue that Faiz might have been a natural like Kiba since the Orphenoch's evolution should lead to destruction. But I think that Naturals were different in that regard. (Bringing up the question of Orphenoch reproduction, if they only increase numbers by converting humans, then if they succeeded in converting all humans, then they would be a dying race.)

Blade being an Undead I'll accept, but as it only happened in the last episode, him offering up his entire humanity, friends, family, and where he lived to protect the world from needing to fight, I'm going to still call him human as a Kamen Rider.

and Kiva, Half human would be correct. I think he considered himself apart from humanity for only the early part of the series. Before accepting humans/the external world. His fangire half didn't really show up much at all. Especially since the fangire stained glass tattoo that appears right before he henshins also appears on his father. We don't see him eating humans. Or doing much of anything Fangire-ish.  

Kiriyama Ren

Kamen Rider heroes of the world

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff