Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:01 pm
User Image
Today he would show that he was not only a great catcher, but an equally good teacher, Hikaru thought to himself. He sat at the entrance of the cave, breathing in the fresh air. He was quietly meditating, thinking about the hunt that laid ahead of him. What to teach his pupil first? The art of catching? Perhaps how to properly make a net, or should he teach him the ceremonial dance of the fireflies, he the head catcher (a rank he created himself) had made.

He opened one of his eyes, becoming slightly impatient. He had come early, because he wanted to meditate, however he forgot how much he hated to meditate. He was in fact a rather impatient, hyperactive cheetah who could hardly sit still.

He got up and started playing with his net, swishing it in the air. He had brought a second net for his pupil. New comers had a tendency to not know that they needed to bring their own net, so Hikaru came prepared. He wondered what his pupil was like. No one bothered to tell him who it was. Not too many creatures bothered to talk to him. He always thought it was probably because he was so talkative and no one really understood what he was saying because of how quickly he talked.

He let out a sigh. Even before he came to Mazu no one really understood them, nor did they try. Even his own parents were frustrated with him. Hopefully his new pupil would give him a chance and not blow him off like so many others.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:50 am
User ImageSince deciding that he wished to be a catcher, Taabu had not really been told what to bring. He sauntered out towards the entrance of the cave where he was told he would be meeting his new mentor. Apparently this guy was the best Catcher in the pride.

In multiple ways Taabu was excited; for one he was going to be meeting someone else from the pride and the second reason was that he was going to start learning how to be a catcher so he could help the pride. He wanted to prove his worth and carry his own weight, so getting to start now was great. It was also good because it meant he might be making a new friend, he only wished he knew what to expect. He hadn't been told much if anything about his new mentor, but he was hoping they would get along.

In a matter of minutes the cheeton found himself outside the cave and looking over to see a red figure with bright splotches of gold and tan. Taabu sized the other up for a moment before approaching. "Hey, I'm Taabu, are you the one who is going to be my mentor?" He asked curiously as he noted that this catcher was a cheetah. The lighter male found himself interested by the red cheetah, he'd met one or two of them in the rogue lands, but the majority of creatures he'd met his entire life were lions.

L1m3_gr33n_sh4rp13

Questionable Sex Symbol

4,000 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:50 am
Hikaru saw the new catcher and, instead of greeting him, he circled around him. He gave the hybrid a quick examination. Instantly he knew he was a hybrid. A cheeton if he wasn't mistaken. He had only seen a hybrid a couple times in his life and they fascinated him. This hybrid would be a perfect catcher, with the speed of a cheetah and the strength of a lion. The perfect blend. "You are perfect," he declared as he stopped circling the cheeton. "You will be my perfect pupil."

The other catchers would be jealous by the apprentice he received. Now he wouldn't have to pride in just himself, but his new pupil. "My name is Hikaru, you may call me teacher or catcher Hikaru if you would like. My closest friends call me Hika, though I don't really have friends. No one can stand being so close to perfection I guess." He said in his usually quick speech, not meaning to mention he lacked friends. "What shall I call you?"

"Now catching isn't an easy task. Others may try and trick you into believing it. The truth is that being a catcher is the most important role in the pride, besides being head catcher, which is what I am." he boosted his unofficial title he bestowed upon himself. "This task takes knowledge of how our little firefly friends brains work, how they navigate. While you are catching you must become one with the firefly."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:38 am
Taabu was taken off guard by the cheetah as he was circled then declared perfect. The cheeton blinked once or twice and watched Hikaru curiously, ears fully pointed at him and eyes a little wide. This other male was certainly eccentric, it threw Taabu a little off as he tried to recompose himself and figure out exactly what the fast talking cheetah was saying and doing. The cheeton had a feeling he would feel like he was in a daze most of the night.

Catching bits and pieces of what the male was saying, Taabu nodded, trying to pieces together the fast speech. "Uh, Taabu.." He replied when he heard a break in the cheetah's speech, interjecting what he would be called by the other when he realized he had been asked. And it seemed like before he even got his name out the other was chattering at him again. Taabu did his best to listen carefully, wanting to get use to this cheetah's speech so he could learn as much as he could.

After all, this cheetah was the best, right? Right. So Taabu listened hard, catching pieces of what they would be learning. How to be one with a firefly. Taabu nodded, remaining quiet as he thought maybe if he didn't try to speak he wouldn't miss anything the other said.

L1m3_gr33n_sh4rp13

Questionable Sex Symbol

4,000 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:39 pm
"Taabu, good name, very good name. Nice and short, easy to remember." No realizing he had already forgotten Taabu's name. He pointed with his nose to the net beside him. "That my friend is your net. It will become your new best friend. Together you two will be a powerful force to recon with by the time I am done with you. I crafted that net myself so it should be top notch." He spent hours making his nets, hunting down the best material to craft it out of. Next time he had a chance he would have to teach Taabu how to make his own net. There was nothing quite like making your own net and catching fireflies with it. You were truly one with the net than.

"Take the net and swing it about. Pretend you are chasing a firefly. I want to see if perhaps you have some secret hidden tallent." He said with a grin. If he didn't it wouldn't matter to him. He was already an amazing hybrid. What more could he ask for.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:01 pm
Club Snails

Taabu nodded as he quickly tuned his gaze to the net Hikaru had motioned towards. With curiosity the cheeton took a few steps toward it and sniffed it before gently pawing at it, taking in the weaving the other had done. He was amazed by the craftsmanship of this net and felt it was no wonder this cheetah was the best. Not only was he fast, as a cheetah would be, but his nets looked impeccable. Taabu knew under this ones tutelage he would learn everything he needed to to help the Brotherhood and make himself a place here.

As the other instructed him to pretend to chase a firefly he pinned his ears back a moment, thinking before reaching down with his maw and gently grabbing hold of the net. He looked around and tried to image what it would be like if this spot were filled with fireflies waiting to be captured. With a flick of his tail the boys ears perked forward, his eyes bright and alert as he pictured a few fireflies around him, just like the ones he had seen in the caverns.

With a pounce he began to leap from here to there, occasionally using a paw to swipe the net around. He had no idea if he had the right idea or not, but he figured he should do his best with what he could imagine and if he were no good at this, or at the very least, not bad, the other would surely help him become much better than he currently was. Yes, Taabu would learn everything this cheetah had to offer him. Learning to weave nets, and catch fireflies. That was what Taabu wanted, and Hikaru was just the one to show him.

L1m3_gr33n_sh4rp13

Questionable Sex Symbol

4,000 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
[IC] Mazunguko Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items