[PRP] Kipenzi x Alnitak

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DocStunfisk

Omnipresent Streaker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:34 pm
It hadn't been long since the young dog had left home. He already missed his mother and his sisters... but perhaps he would miss his feline friends the most. Especially Vaikko, that young lion he would wrestle for fun nearly every day. Kipenzi admired how swift and agile felines were... Their lightening reflexes and their claws like death hooks. Kipenzi would win nearly every duel... But that was when Vaikko was young and he still had the advantage. However, the experience he gathered would become invaluable.

Kipenzi stood over his fresh kill, ears and tail erect as he watched the rogue leopard retreat. The starving feline had attacked him, hoping to frighten him and take his meal. Kipenzi had reacted by instinct, snapping his fangs at his attacker and ripping away fur and flesh. It was over before Kip had even realized what was going on. Even the gash on his shoulder went unnoticed.

The wild dog frowned, plucking his meal from the earth and looking up at the fleeing feline. He would have happily shared his meal... But instead all he did was rip some fur. Maybe he should give the rogue his kill as an apology...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:45 am
Another day of roaming out from her pack and not another wild dog in sight. The first day was a waste, and this one was turning out to be equally so as it went on. This was a less than pleasing thought to the female as she continued forward, a stark expression on her face, though she was determined to keep searching. The pack needed more bodies and she would find them, moving further out each day as she searched. Perhaps though this day would not end up a complete waste of her time as she caught sight of a pair of bodies ahead, and what appeared to be a fight between them.

Golden eyes watched as the leopard ran off, leaving behind the wild dog and the meal he had twice won. Something of a smile pulled at the corner of this watching stranger's maw, though unseen by any before it quickly faded. The red female descended the small hill she had been watching from and trotted across the grasses towards the dark male, silent as she moved across the open expanse. As she came closer she slowed her trot, eyeing the male as she spoke. “Greetings, stranger.” Alnitak trotted around him once, sizing up this male before coming to a halt in front of him. He had come out of the fight with a gash, but looked otherwise unharmed. “An impressive feat, chasing that leopard from your meal. I have seen some wild dogs too weak to even fend off a cheetah, let alone a larger feline.”  

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

DocStunfisk

Omnipresent Streaker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:15 pm
If it wasn't for the sudden appearance of the female, Kipenzi's desire to apologize would have lured him towards the beast again. Instead, the dark dog swung around and let the meat fall from his mouth as his tail thrashed with excitement. "Hello to you too, stranger!" It was obvious how thrilled he was to finally be in the presence of another dog. It was like home again... Though this dog appeared much different from his sisters... Especially in her eyes.

With Alnitak's praise, Kipenzi's tail slowly came to a stop and his grin drooped significantly. "Impressive?" The guilt was subtle in his posture. "It was an accident... I was surprised. I hope he's okay though. I only tore some fur, I think..." Kipenzi sat in the grass, his tail beginning to thump away again. "Uhm, but.. Thank you. I'm Kipenzi, by the way." He smiled and nosed his kill towards the stranger. "Are you hungry?"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:27 am
Alnitak watched the male’s excited behaviour silently, quirking a brow at the sudden change brought on by her compliment. The previously wagging tail now drooped as he spoke. Chasing the leopard off had been but an accident, and while it’s impressiveness was dampened a bit in her mind it was still a bit so. While he may not have meant it this male had still managed to chase the leopard off, whether he had meant to or not. “I am sure the beast is fine.” Her tone was mildly venomous. She was, personally, not that fond of the feline species, leopards and lions especially, and though he may not have meant to do so she was still glad one of her own kind had sent the mangy feline running.

The dark male’s tail started up again, hitting the ground with a rhythmic thump as he introduced himself. Her reply to his thanks was merely a nod, however she spoke shortly after. “I am Alnitak.” Her gaze fell to the fallen rabbit laying on the ground. “I am not.” Aln looked up from the dead rabbit, her mind having fallen back to this male having run off a leopard. It may not have been as impressive a feat as her first impression, but it was still impressive nonetheless. She watched him carefully for a moment before putting forth her thoughts in question. “Do you run with a pack, Kipenzi?”  

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

DocStunfisk

Omnipresent Streaker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:37 pm
Kipenzi was startled by the female's hateful tone towards the feline. He'd never known prejudice before he left his family, but his time as a lone dog revealed so many awful things... He was quite a sheltered pup.

"Good to meet you, Alnitak!" The dog withdrew his meal as the female rejected it. He gazed at it a moment, his tongue swiping his lips to taste the blood it left behind. Kip was so hungry, but the female seemed insistent on talking instead of sharing a snack with him. Tearing his eyes away from the corpse he forced his attention back to Alnitak.

"A pack?" Kipenzi frowned and shook his head. "No... I've been alone for a long time, it seems like..." He caught himself drooping and quickly straightened his posture. The last thing he wanted to do is bring his new best friend down in the dumps with his sob story. "But I've had a lot of fun and made lots of friends! I've even helped some animals along the way!"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:14 am
Alnitak nodded silently. A packless dog then. That fact by itself showed he must have had some survival abilities, otherwise he’d surely have wound up on the end of some beast’s claws, or fang. Seeing as he was alive and in one piece though must be some show of strength alone. Perhaps not quite the strength she was more preferential towards, but something. She sat silently for a while, both to allow the male to at least eat his meal, and also to think. He was not exactly what she had been hoping to find, but he was certainly better than nothing.

Her silence continued for a time until finally she spoke once more, her voice slow, as if she were unsure that she wanted to speak at all. “You may not be a warrior I sought to find for my pack, but you are surely better than nothing, and possibly better than most I may come across.” She paused for a moment, eyes narrowing slightly. “I wish to extend an offer to you to come back with me and join my pack. We are not many, but we are strong, and will surely become stronger.” As she spoke her voice rose and strengthened, a determined tone behind them. They would become strong, even stronger than before.  

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

DocStunfisk

Omnipresent Streaker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:52 am
Kipenzi's response was met with a long silence. The dog slowly slid down to lay on his belly as he tore into his meal. It was starting to get cold and Kip was thankful for this pause in the conversation... no matter how odd and random it was. The dog ripped away the fur and flesh to feast upon the juicy middle of the plump rabbit.

When Alnitak spoke again, Kipenzi had to gulp down the hunk of meat he had in his mouth in order to pay proper attention to her. With her words, he stood and leaned closer, trying to make sense of it. She was looking for a warrior? All the questions Kip wanted to ask were quickly swept away as Alnitak offered him a place in her pack.

"Wh-wha-... Really?" The force of Kipenzi's wagging tail caused his entire rump to quiver with excitement. A pack was all he ever wanted. A place to call home... surrounded by family all the time. "Yes! I would love to, yes!"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:24 am
Alnitak’s offer was met with more excitement than she had expected, though it was perhaps a good thing. She nodded however and stood, allowing a small grin to form on her maw. “Good then, we shall set out within the next day. It is not too far a travel back.” Her ears swiveled backwards before perking back forward. Aln was not fond of being away for too long, her skin itched at the thought of what might happen should the pack be attacked while she is away. The thought had stolen her attention for a moment, though she quickly forced it out of her mind. They were fine and she would return soon, with one more body to add to the pack. “Also, Kipenzi, if you have any farewells to make I suggest you make them quickly, I do not want to idle out here for longer than is necessary.”  

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

DocStunfisk

Omnipresent Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:05 pm
Kipenzi watched his new pack mate eagerly as she went silent yet again. The young dog was pining to know more about her, about her history, her likes and dislikes, and... especially why she takes such long, silent pauses all the time. The travel back home might feel more like one endless discussion.

As for goodbyes, Kip already bid farewell to his family and feline friends from home. He was thankful he wouldn't need to do that all over again. The dog shook his head. "No, I don't have anyone out here. We can start moving right now! If... If you don't need to rest or..." Kip glanced at the remains of his kill, and then tilted his head at Alnitak as if to question her appetite a second time.

"I'm really really happy that I'm going to be a part of your family." Kipenzi said, exposing his sensitive side with a gentle smile. "I can't wait to meet everyone."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:50 am
Alnitak nodded. She was quite pleased that she would not have to stand by while he said his farewells to neither family nor friends. “Good, then we shall set out immediately.” At the male’s seeming concern for her well being she quirked a brow, glancing once more at the remains of Kipenzi’s rabbit. “I am fine to travel, and my stomach does not ache for food.” She turned away from both, taking a couple steps before pausing. “Thank you for the offer though.” It was her own small show of kindness towards this new male.

“You seem quite eager to meet the pack, so I shall be the first to welcome you then to the Nyota-Wasomaji. I am sure the rest of the pack will be just as eager to greet you once we arrive.” Alnitak set herself in to a steady pace, a bit quicker than a walk, but slow enough that it would not tire them too quickly. Her journey out had gained one new member, and that was good enough for now.  

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

[IC] Nyota-Wasomaji Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces