Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
A look inside a fluff bunny's book of shadows. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kelsey MacAilbert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:27 am
Once upon a time, back when I understood precious little of Paganism and mistakenly thought I could rightfully claim the title Wiccan, I had a book of shadows. Now that I have grown out of my fluff bunny days, I thought it be funny to flip through this book of shadows again to see just what a fluff bunny keeps in it, and share it with you guys so we could all laugh at past foolishness. Note that this was about four or five years ago, so my memory is a little spotty on what some of the notes in the book are.

Let's begin with the coverpage. First, we have my "Wiccan name". Yes. Seriously. It was Sahandrian. Then we have the word grimoire. I assume I wrote this to denote that it is a book of shadows. Then I wrote Wolf/Coyote. A totem, perhaps? Then my patron diety (Told you I was using the term Wiccan mistakenly at the time), the Japanese Yachimata-Hiko of possibilities and innumerable roads. My path is written as eclectic with the quote "An unaimed arrow never misses". Then the words water, black/red, and Tuesday. No idea what those were for. Then a pentacle and swastika, with a written note that this is a Buddhist swastika, not a Nazi one, presumably in case a parent picked the book up.

The book itself starts out with the "Wiccan Rede", contained on two more pages (It's a really long poem version. No idea where I found it or if it is the real Wiccan Rede.). Then we have a list of eight Pagan holidays, followed by a list of Hindu Chakra. Then my totem, Wolf (Covers protection, knowledge, cunning, intelligence, independence, teaching, and pathfinding, noted to be territorial). Next is a little information about Yachimata-Hiko (the same info written on the front page), followed by the cycles of the mood and the types of magic they effect. Next is a list of astrological signs and what kind of spells they effect. Then a list of colors and days of the week and what they symbolize. Next is a list of aromatic oils and what they are good for, followed by herbs, gems, metals, and minerals and what they symbolize and are good for in magick. The final entry is a page with only the words The Burning Times.

So, that's what was in my book of shadows during my fluff bunny days. Feel free to comment on and laugh at my juvenile foolishness. It is pretty funny in retrospect.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:06 pm
aside from some of the more obvious gigglesnort inducing things, what would go into a bos if not correspondences, spells, and quotes that have meaning to you?

i have pages dedicated to wifestales and superstitions, childrens rhymes (rain, rain go away; star light, star bright; etc.), tea/tisane recipes, spells that have worked for me, and artsy craft ideas in mine. though i also have some things in there that really have no business being included for me personally, such as a chakra correspondence and the elder futhark alphabet, as i've been building my bos for years. the first thing i wrote was a poem that was inspired (and partially copied -- bad me!) by a donald duck cartoon, lol.  

whiporwill-o

Bad Quality Serena

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:09 pm
Haha, that's so cute. I still have mine somewhere. It's full of spells written in a made-up language that didn't have any meaning, and they were all created to destroy the evil monsters I would encounter when I became Sailor Moon.
And all this crap about helping the Earth and blah blah.

Speaking of fluffy bunnies, I met my first real-life fluffy bunny today. Some kid at school was going on and on about how he was born Wiccan and how he needs an inverted Pentagram and all this other stuff to perform necromancy.
I ignored all the Necromancy stuff and explained what Wicca really is, and that he's just pagan.

[I also learned that my friend's mother owns an incense shop that carries a bunch of religious stuff. Shopping, yay!]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:54 pm
Oh, my. My fluff bunny days are coming back XD
In my BOS, I had, and I kid you not, wrote that my name was Ravvenn Wulfe, and that anyone going through the book I would enact the Law of Three on.

I was a very fluffy bunny XD  

Venra Axel Prey

Wealthy Werewolf

Kelsey MacAilbert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:44 pm
Bad Quality Serena
destroy the evil monsters I would encounter when I became Sailor Moon.
That made my day.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:45 pm
Venra Axel Prey
In my BOS, I had, and I kid you not, wrote that my name was Ravvenn Wulfe, and that anyone going through the book I would enact the Law of Three on.

I once used my Wiccan powers to measure the strength of a potted plant's life force.

...It was plastic.  

Kelsey MacAilbert

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:05 pm
The Emo Bard
Venra Axel Prey

I once used my Wiccan powers to measure the strength of a potted plant's life force.

...It was plastic.

xd  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:18 pm
The Emo Bard
Venra Axel Prey

...It was plastic.
LOL  

Venra Axel Prey

Wealthy Werewolf

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:51 pm
The Emo Bard
Venra Axel Prey

...It was plastic.
Even though its already been said but I just have to say it again. That's hilarious.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:52 pm
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
The Emo Bard
Venra Axel Prey

...It was plastic.
Even though its already been said but I just have to say it again. That's hilarious.
Fluff bunnies very often are.  

Kelsey MacAilbert

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:55 pm
Can we quote that anonymously on The Informed Pagan? xd It's brilliant.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:47 pm
The Emo Bard
Bad Quality Serena
destroy the evil monsters I would encounter when I became Sailor Moon.
That made my day.

lol What's even funnier is that I only stopped thinking I was Sailor Moon like three or four years ago.  

Bad Quality Serena

Kelsey MacAilbert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:10 am
Sanguina Cruenta
Can we quote that anonymously on The Informed Pagan? xd It's brilliant.
Go ahead.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:32 am
Mine is really sad and embarrassing redface I had a binder and I wrote on it book of shadows and I started panicking what would my parents think it is if they found it so I started writing again "lol JK it's not" and I started writing my favorite stars over it I wrote some spells I found over the net a haha after a fight in morality and religion I threw that away and started to get informed. rofl  

MaeveAisling

6,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100

User 27225319

Anxious Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:36 am
Im sorta a fluffy bunny as in im not official or informed that much but i made sure to research before making a book of shadows... i was slightly disappointed when i read i couldn't have one. And then i was tempted to ask my aunt if i could have hers now that she wasn't wicca anymore... luckily I didn't  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games