Welcome to Gaia! ::

☆Vocaloid☆

Back to Guilds

A place for fans of Vocaloid, UTAU, or fan-made vocalists. 

Tags: vocaloid, utau, music, japanese, awesome 

Reply ☆ Vocaloid ☆
Lapis Aoki Finally has a Voice!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does her voice suit her?
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 6 ]
Kinda, but I thought it'd be different
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other comment (I will post it in the thread)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I don't care about her, I'm just here for the gold
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

SharpenedMoonlight

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:40 pm
Yep. For those of you who remember, there was a contest to see who could voice her best. Now her software is programmed enough for a demo to come out. It's called Daydream Flight and it's BEAUTIFUL. Her voice fits so well.

You can get to one of the many videos of it on Youtube by clicking HERE.

I'm so happy. Along with SeeU, she was one of the Vocaloid3s I was most excited about hearing. (Though I wish they'd come out with more males...the females of Vocaloid3 vastly overpower the number of male voices.)  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:30 pm
There's Oliver, made for the English users. I need a clearer demo/song of his voice to get a better feel of it, because I could definitely see (more like hear) him has an "English Len", thanks to the pinch-nose feel to it. Sure, I could "hear" the difference between the two voices, but you gotta admit that there're a lot more similarities than there are differences.

*edits*
I do quite like the voice for Bruno (said to be made for Spanish).

Other than that, I'm not too interested in the other asian female voices that are coming out. A lot of them share this high pitch singing voice, and I'm really tired of seeing them coming out one after another.  

Yen Quest

Tiny Shapeshifter

SharpenedMoonlight

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:12 pm
Yen Quest
There's Oliver, made for the English users. I need a clearer demo/song of his voice to get a better feel of it, because I could definitely see (more like hear) him has an "English Len", thanks to the pinch-nose feel to it. Sure, I could "hear" the difference between the two voices, but you gotta admit that there're a lot more similarities than there are differences.

*edits*
I do quite like the voice for Bruno (said to be made for Spanish).

Other than that, I'm not too interested in the other asian female voices that are coming out. A lot of them share this high pitch singing voice, and I'm really tired of seeing them coming out one after another.

I know Oliver's only 13, but his artwork makes him seem older, so his voice almost seems too high for me. Also I don't like his art. Not necessarily the concept or outfit, but the way the artist portrayed him. Hopefully fanart will do better

I like Bruno, and Clara's not bad, but their boxart makes me cry.

Yes, the asian ones can get tiring. But there are some genuinely good ones among the huge plethora of moe.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:44 pm
SharpenedMoonlight
I know Oliver's only 13, but his artwork makes him seem older, so his voice almost seems too high for me. Also I don't like his art. Not necessarily the concept or outfit, but the way the artist portrayed him. Hopefully fanart will do better

Yes, the asian ones can get tiring. But there are some genuinely good ones among the huge plethora of moe.
Fanart do wonders for the vocaloids. There's this one for Oliver, which is quite adorable.

I haven't seen their boxart, hafta check that one out... *checks* ... ..... O-oh my... o.o;

In the upcoming asian ones, I'm mostly interested in Yuzuki and IA. The two of them contains that young elegant woman voice I've been looking for (Luka is too deep, and Gumi is too young). Mew may take some listening to, and the right type of song for her to be like-able (has that similar problem with Meiko, has an outdated voice for the younger generation listeners). Can't say much about Aoki, since I find her more suitable to voicing female anime characters, rather than going in the field of singing. As for the rest, I couldn't help but feel them being nothing more than attempts at "perfecting" Miku/Rin/Gumi voices (not that it's a bad thing though).  

Yen Quest

Tiny Shapeshifter

SharpenedMoonlight

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:45 pm
Yen Quest
SharpenedMoonlight

Fanart do wonders for the vocaloids. There's this one for Oliver, which is quite adorable.

I haven't seen their boxart, hafta check that one out... *checks* ... ..... O-oh my... o.o;

In the upcoming asian ones, I'm mostly interested in Yuzuki and IA. The two of them contains that young elegant woman voice I've been looking for (Luka is too deep, and Gumi is too young). Mew may take some listening to, and the right type of song for her to be like-able (has that similar problem with Meiko, has an outdated voice for the younger generation listeners). Can't say much about Aoki, since I find her more suitable to voicing female anime characters, rather than going in the field of singing. As for the rest, I couldn't help but feel them being nothing more than attempts at "perfecting" Miku/Rin/Gumi voices (not that it's a bad thing though).

Have you seen SeeU? She's great. And yeah, I'm excited for Yuzuki.

I haven't seen the art for IA or heard her voice yet. (But I did know of her)
*looks and listens*
...oh...my...GOD. I LOVE HER.

I don't like Mew. Sounds like Meiko. Except not as good.

I love CUL's design, but her voice isn't anything new.

Yeah. The spanish Vocaloid boxart looks like a 10 year old drew them.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:53 pm
SharpenedMoonlight

*looks and listens*

SeeU is as... weird as that Hello Kitty thinger machiger vocaloid is, lol. Their designs are too young for their voices, and I find their voices to be pretty limited to certain genre of songs. xD

I'm hoping Meiko append will prove otherwise. She can sing in variety of songs just like Kaito does, without sounding too off. Of course, this is if the right person is using said programs well enough to not make them so robotic/squeaky.

I would say it's western art. ...Even if they were to get anime-like fanarts, I don't think they'll stand out much. Realism art is the best way to go about them.  

Yen Quest

Tiny Shapeshifter

SharpenedMoonlight

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:58 pm
Yen Quest
SharpenedMoonlight

*looks and listens*

SeeU is as... weird as that Hello Kitty thinger machiger vocaloid is, lol. Their designs are too young for their voices, and I find their voices to be pretty limited to certain genre of songs. xD

I'm hoping Meiko append will prove otherwise. She can sing in variety of songs just like Kaito does, without sounding too off. Of course, this is if the right person is using said programs well enough to not make them so robotic/squeaky.

I would say it's western art. ...Even if they were to get anime-like fanarts, I don't think they'll stand out much. Realism art is the best way to go about them.

But...it's not just realism...it's mainly bad art. Anime style is defintely not the only decent art style. But...their art was totally botched.

Yeah, Iroha (Hello Kitty) is a stupid design in my book, and it took me a while to like SeeU, but I learned to love her.

Kaito and Meiko, when used right, are some of the best Vocaloids ever, even with their 1st generation status. Their appends (there's a Kaito append in production too, or at least there WAS) should be amazing.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:02 pm
SharpenedMoonlight

But...it's not just realism...it's mainly bad art. Anime style is defintely not the only decent art style. But...their art was totally botched.

Yeah, Iroha (Hello Kitty) is a stupid design in my book, and it took me a while to like SeeU, but I learned to love her.

Kaito and Meiko, when used right, are some of the best Vocaloids ever, even with their 1st generation status. Their appends (there's a Kaito append in production too, or at least there WAS) should be amazing.
I don't consider it as bad art. I see it as one of those pop-arts of the oldies, imo (not the best way to describe them, lol, I fail at these things). The style used to be popular, if we were living in the 1900s.

There's a couple demos of Kaito appends out there. I am waiting for Meiko's though, but I fear that she might get scratched for the lack of demand.  

Yen Quest

Tiny Shapeshifter

SharpenedMoonlight

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:21 am
Yen Quest
SharpenedMoonlight

I don't consider it as bad art. I see it as one of those pop-arts of the oldies, imo (not the best way to describe them, lol, I fail at these things). The style used to be popular, if we were living in the 1900s.

There's a couple demos of Kaito appends out there. I am waiting for Meiko's though, but I fear that she might get scratched for the lack of demand.

Scratched? But...but...I LOVE her voice! She might not be as popular, but I love the fact she isn't squeaky high pitched.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:37 am
SharpenedMoonlight
Scratched? But...but...I LOVE her voice! She might not be as popular, but I love the fact she isn't squeaky high pitched.
This is just going by my assumption since I haven't heard any words since the news of her getting an append. I would understand why they would want to show more of Kaito append demos, but... I don't see why they have to be so hush hush about Meiko's though (probably having some difficulties somewhere). >.>;  

Yen Quest

Tiny Shapeshifter

SharpenedMoonlight

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:40 am
Yen Quest
SharpenedMoonlight
This is just going by my assumption since I haven't heard any words since the news of her getting an append. I would understand why they would want to show more of Kaito append demos, but... I don't see why they have to be so hush hush about Meiko's though (probably having some difficulties somewhere). >.>;

Well I know they're having problems with the Kaito one too. They say the trouble is different parts were recorded with different quality mics. Um...so why don't they just redo them with the good quality ones? This is a professional company, I can't believe they use excuses that stupid.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:43 am
SharpenedMoonlight
Well I know they're having problems with the Kaito one too. They say the trouble is different parts were recorded with different quality mics. Um...so why don't they just redo them with the good quality ones? This is a professional company, I can't believe they use excuses that stupid.
It's probably because the voice provider is a busy man? They have to make a schedule appointment that is available to both party and all that. xD  

Yen Quest

Tiny Shapeshifter

Zlae

Dapper Poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:37 am
I think she has a nice voice, although I don't know if I'd listen to her songs [I'll certainly serach, though!]

I'm really looking forward to IA, and songs for Mew and Oliver.  
☆ Vocaloid ☆

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games