MadxHatterxTeapot
Vice Captain

Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:45 pm
Maybe perhaps we need to do something like this group on facebook. Sort of.

So that people know we're still all about LoK and our members. Sure we can do the silliness and stuff in some of our topics we make up but maybe we can get some more LoK related topics going also to let new or current members know we still love the series and we're definitely still thinking about it.

Here's the group page given on facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/81035519780/  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:41 pm
I would rather we not do a facebook group. Aside from those petitions and such never working Facebook is starting to become very juvenile.

I'm for more in-game discussions, theories and the like. I think such discussions might show more maturity and that we are into the game itself and not just asinine fun. Advertising the guild can help but if only a few are active, why would anyone want to join? It's just discussing with the same few people over an over.

I'm also curious to know Gaia's overall active population and the age range of such persons. That may help us learn how to market ourselves to such demographics.  

Lieutenant Turel

MadxHatterxTeapot
Vice Captain

Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:26 pm
Lieutenant Turel
I would rather we not do a facebook group. Aside from those petitions and such never working Facebook is starting to become very juvenile.

I'm for more in-game discussions, theories and the like. I think such discussions might show more maturity and that we are into the game itself and not just asinine fun. Advertising the guild can help but if only a few are active, why would anyone want to join? It's just discussing with the same few people over an over.

I'm also curious to know Gaia's overall active population and the age range of such persons. That may help us learn how to market ourselves to such demographics.

No. I didn't mean MAKE a facebook group. I meant use the ideas that this group is talking about. Like some of the discussion topics and such. Talk about maybe upcoming LoK news or such.

You know?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:36 pm
Lieutenant Turel

13-27 with random older people, but your largest age base is young.
Genders are mixed pretty well.
(Assuming it hasn't changed in the past year...)  

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:40 pm
The big question then is:
How do we market a game from the mid nineties to early aughts that is not:
1) Old School/Classic Nintendo
2) Final Fantasy.

I think a big concern is that most of the older people who have played the games may not be on Gaia as often or at least the parts of Gaia the guildies frequent. If we could introduce more people to the series and convert them we would have more. We run into the issue of people now learning about this series and then having to play it.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:54 pm
I randomly find LoK fans in the video game subforum on here, so the bigger question is how do we entice them to move out of the forums and into our guild? And how do we keep them here?  

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:48 pm
Samt03
I randomly find LoK fans in the video game subforum on here, so the bigger question is how do we entice them to move out of the forums and into our guild? And how do we keep them here?

All very good points. What makes our current guildies stray and what could keep them to stay? That might help figure out a few possible reasons.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:52 pm
Lieutenant Turel
Samt03

All very good points. What makes our current guildies stray and what could keep them to stay? That might help figure out a few possible reasons.

Ask a few that left why they did? That could be the only way we're gonna find out.  

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:29 pm
People like Divine and such then?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:47 pm
Lieutenant Turel
People like Divine and such then?

Divine quit Gaia...

But people like Tik who are still active, or Pilotlover.  

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:16 pm
I see the latter occasionally on random forums  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:31 pm
Tik is in Chatterbox, PL is in Site Feedback, I randomly see both of them.  

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:45 pm
I remember when I was a university student and working a job I still managed to come on. And graduated with two BA's. I liked the guild  
The Oracle's Cave - Questions, Suggestions, & Feedback

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games